• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Re: Augie d1 thread

Originally posted by John View Post
    Oh, I'm happy to admit I was bitter about the Sioux Falls conference tournament, and everyone knows that. That's water under the bridge. I thought it was a slap in the face to the fans who did not live in that part of the conference. Just my opinion. The admission of schools like Minot State was too laughable for me to become bitter. By the way, how is that 16 team strategy working out? It was boring even when there were 16 teams.

When you said I was bitter about Augustana leaving the conference, that's simply not true. I'm not bitter about this latest development at all. I welcome it.
    There are too many threads going on here :)
    If I said you were bitter about AU leaving, then I misspoke and didn't make myself clear. I was trying to say you are bitter about the NSIC in general. I could tell you were happy about AU leaving.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    THIS is why more than one person has called you bitter. We don't have to know you to say you sound bitter.
    Oh, I'm happy to admit I was bitter about the Sioux Falls conference tournament, and everyone knows that. That's water under the bridge. I thought it was a slap in the face to the fans who did not live in that part of the conference. Just my opinion. The admission of schools like Minot State was too laughable for me to become bitter. By the way, how is that 16 team strategy working out? It was boring even when there were 16 teams.

When you said I was bitter about Augustana leaving the conference, that's simply not true. I'm not bitter about this latest development at all. I welcome it.
    Last edited by John; 12-16-2018, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Explain myself? Is this a joke? I don't even know you and you're assuming I'm bitter. These are comments that are honestly not even worth responding to. Maybe the issue is that you are judgmental.

Regarding the rest, I have already stated my opinion numerous times. I think the NSIC moved too far west. Its going to look even more ridiculous when SCSU and MSU leave. It added too many schools that did not fit the profile of the core members. Sioux Falls was always going to be the core of the conference. It doesn't work as well without Augie, to say the least. And yes, the NSIC did too much to appeal to the Sioux Falls market in basketball regarding the conference tournament, and alienated fans that do not live in the Mecca of the NSIC.
    THIS is why more than one person has called you bitter. We don't have to know you to say you sound bitter.

Leave a comment:

• StateU
    replied

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    I could see Augie staying but being ineligible for postseason league honors
    Agreed. I'm sure there will be a few compromises to let them stay. The member institutions want them out after this year ... you'll be seeing that in the papers soon.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Just how did the administrators and presidents bend over for Augustana or Sioux Falls? You still have a great private University in SF in the conference. You come across as a bitter man John. Why the hatred for AU and SF? and how have they hurt the NSIC? Explain yourself!
    Explain myself? Is this a joke? I don't even know you and you're assuming I'm bitter. These are comments that are honestly not even worth responding to. Maybe the issue is that you are judgmental.

Regarding the rest, I have already stated my opinion numerous times. I think the NSIC moved too far west. Its going to look even more ridiculous when SCSU and MSU leave. It added too many schools that did not fit the profile of the core members. Sioux Falls was always going to be the core of the conference. It doesn't work as well without Augie, to say the least. And yes, the NSIC did too much to appeal to the Sioux Falls market in basketball regarding the conference tournament, and alienated fans that do not live in the Mecca of the NSIC.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Congratulations
    :good: +1

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

The administrators and presidents who bent over for Augustana and Sioux Falls look like complete jackasses. Rightly so.

Good riddance.
    Just how did the administrators and presidents bend over for Augustana or Sioux Falls? You still have a great private University in SF in the conference. You come across as a bitter man John. Why the hatred for AU and SF? and how have they hurt the NSIC? Explain yourself!

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
    And another former NCC team stepped up tonight - Morningside wins the NAIA title, 35-28 over Benedictine College.
    Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied

The administrators and presidents who bent over for Augustana and Sioux Falls look like complete jackasses. Rightly so.

Good riddance.

Leave a comment:

• badboyblynn
    replied

Speaking of former NCC foes congratulations to the Jack's on a great season and the bison on making yet another title game appearance! Go Bison
    And another former NCC team stepped up tonight - Morningside wins the NAIA title, 35-28 over Benedictine College.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    With those last two words I no longer enjoy your post.
    Bovine creatures stick together lol

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Speaking of former NCC foes congratulations to the Jack's on a great season and the bison on making yet another title game appearance! Go Bison
    With those last two words I no longer enjoy your post.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    You know, Jamestown is no longer a college either...it is now a University

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    The individual moves may not have been made with Division I in mind, but I feel like Augie has been working towards this for awhile. Even little things like rebranding or moving basketball off-campus to the Arena feel like steps that helped make this possible.
    You know, Jamestown is no longer a college either...it is now a University

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X