X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zimmy21
    replied
    Re: Augie d1 thread

Would the MVFC not invite Augie? If I remember right the league is inviting North Dakota in after this year?

That would put the league at 12 teams with another team near NDSU to keep them happy for travel expenses

I'm sure the scholarships thing is going to be brought up but I would imagine Augie if serious about D1 would find the money to balance the Title IX ratio

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Nothing like needing to have your correction corrected. Don't know what I was thinking there. Can't believe I wasn't made fun of for this. If not by opposing fans, at least by Augieholic.
    I limit myself on needling. Especially after posting the picture of you and Purple Mav Man as the Data twins.

I'm on the Any Given Saturday site which is the FCS model of what we have here. I will warn you though, things are quite polite here compared to there.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    The non-scholarship is the Pioneer League. Ten teams currently- Butler, Davidson, Dayton, Drake, Jacksonville, Morehead State, Marist, San Diego, Stetson, Valaparaiso.

Presbyterian will be joining in 2021.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Football_League
    Nothing like needing to have your correction corrected. Don't know what I was thinking there. Can't believe I wasn't made fun of for this. If not by opposing fans, at least by Augieholic.

Leave a comment:

• MStateMaverick
    replied

If they move up, they are in a large enough city to have a good possibility of being successful, even though there are already two D-1s in SD. Also, they don't have a men's a women's hockey program to finance, which is very expensive. I personally would not care much for non-scholarship football, but can't have everything I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Looks like the league spends all their money on travel expenses instead of scholarships.
    I hope that confused Augie football fans don't drive up I-29 and then I-94 across the Red River when they play at Morehead State.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

The non-scholarship is the Pioneer League. Ten teams currently- Butler, Davidson, Dayton, Drake, Jacksonville, Morehead State, Marist, San Diego, Stetson, Valaparaiso.

Looks like the league spends all their money on travel expenses instead of scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

If that's the case, it would be the Patriot League. The Horizon League doesn't offer football.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    All the banter and speculation gets old for me. Like MrA. I will support any direction the school goes. I believe it good move for Basketball and not so good for football, surely FB would be non scholarship in the Horizon league. The shaky Summit league trying to hold members needs Augustana more than Augie needs the Summit.
    Not just hoops, I think most, though not all, of Augies athletic teams would be very competitive on the Summit (if they got in there). I personally think the Summit will be all in for this as it especially helps them in sports that not all schools offer. I know off the top of my head that they are at a minimum for baseball, I think.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    All the banter and speculation gets old for me. Like MrA. I will support any direction the school goes. I believe it good move for Basketball and not so good for football, surely FB would be non scholarship in the Horizon league. The shaky Summit league trying to hold members needs Augustana more than Augie needs the Summit.
    If that's the case, it would be the Patriot League. The Horizon League doesn't offer football.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    I'm sure you are. I'd be beaming at the chance to go D1

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

At this point whether we stay or go, I just want a decision to get made. I will get behind either path when it is chosen, but the indecision is driving me crazy.
    I'm sure you are. I'd be beaming at the chance to go D1

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Now the President is commenting officially. To be determined by the end of the school year? Why do I feel like this is goodbye Augie?
    At this point whether we stay or go, I just want a decision to get made. I will get behind either path when it is chosen, but the indecision is driving me crazy.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Now the President is commenting officially. To be determined by the end of the school year? Why do I feel like this is goodbye Augie?
    "From the Sioux Falls business community"

Like I've said from the beginning, I feel this is more a thing for the ever growing and expanding city of Sioux Falls as they continue to strive toward being seen as a Minneapolis or St. Paul. I totally get that and it is and should be part of a long term plan as rapidly as they are growing. Is it right or wrong, I dont know...but if the city does get behind this they should have no problem making this a reality. IMO

Leave a comment:

• 212 Degrees
    replied

Good for them. It must be nice having a aggressive and forward-thinking administration.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X