Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NSIC Stadium Rankings

Overall experience in the view of a player from 2008-2012

1. Overall atmosphere 2. Stadium setup+quality 3. Crowd 4. Locker rooms 5. Before and after meals/campus walk around

1.Southwest Minnesota State (we played their grand opener at the new stadium)
    2. Augustana (we played their grand opener at the new stadium)
    3. Winona
    4. Bemidji (history and location are big perks)
    5. Upper Iowa
    6. UMD
    7. St. Cloud
    8. Mankato
    9. Northern
    10. UMary
    11. MSUM
    12. Wayne State
    13. Concorida St. Paul
    578. UMC (We felt embarrassed hosting games. 99% of us had better High School stadiums/fields and 100% of us had better crowds in HS)

Never played at Sioux Falls or Minot St.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      Saw that the MIAA Thread was doing this so I thought I would start one for the NSIC.

My criteria for the rankings is... 1. How modern the facility is. 2. The amenities. 3. The view and what surrounds the stadium. 4. The fan atmosphere.

1. Augustana
      2. Southwest Minnesota St
      3. Minnesota Duluth
      4. Bemidji St.
      5. Upper Iowa
      6. Sioux Falls
      7. Winona St.
      8. Mary
      9. Minot St.
      10. St. Cloud St.
      11. Wayne St.
      12. Northern St.
      13. Minnesota St.
      14. Minnesota St.- Moorhead
      15. Concordia St. Paul
      16. Crookston
      Last edited by Twincitiesmav; 09-06-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

With the new stadium from northern st and The discontinuation of football from Crookston and Saint cloud state, thought I would bump this thread up and redo my rankings.

You guys agree or disagree?
        I think that you did a good job of ranking. I'll look forward to seeing a game at Northern. Sound like that is a beauty and I'll bet that the home crowd will show up. I like how most of the stadiums have some kind of quaintness to them.

One mistake that schools make even with new stadiums is- make it look like a college stadium, not a glorified HS one. That means putting something on the visitors side. Don't leave it wide open or with short bleachers where you can't even see over your team's heads. The biggest plus of the Blake is that there is no track and you are right on top of the action. Considering that it is older than any girlfriend that I've ever had it needs more that just lipstick. Hopefully that gets replaced before I cash in my chips.

Comment

the turf looks worn down.
          Augie just put in new turf this summer: https://goaugie.com/news/2021/5/19/f...-new-turf.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Augie just put in new turf this summer: https://goaugie.com/news/2021/5/19/f...-new-turf.aspx

Comment

• As an Augustana fan you would think I would be strongly prejudiced towards KO stadium, not true. NSU Dacotah bank stadium has some strong advantages, such as the party decks, which I assume serve alcohol, I believe they have big screen TV's in the concession area and lighting for night games. AU has just started selling beer in a tent and no big screens, no lights because of a agreement with the surrounding neighborhoods. Augie just installed new turf field after 10 years. AU advantages include field sunk 6' down. Great view for visitor seating with lots of seats. Field is surrounded by berms and a hill in the middle of city, which greatly cuts down on wind. NSU has a beautiful new stadium that will get great attendance from Wolves nation. My ranking co #1's.

Minot St. has a very nice venue as does SMSU, UIU, USF, WSU and Bemidji's in a weird way. MSU's stadium is all about La Vista, attendance and not much else.

The other 5 stadiums have tracks impeding fan views unless there is a track meet. UMD's is the nicest. CU's is the least desirable.

Comment

• That new turf cost 500k after 10 seasons of use Just put grass in and save the coin, Augie doesn't share the field with anyone else. Don't understand the big need for lights for 2 or 3 games a season, AU has many senior fans who have warm milk and graham crackers by 8pm. Although, I know some who prefer bourbon.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

That new turf cost 500k after 10 seasons of use Just put grass in and save the coin, Augie doesn't share the field with anyone else. Don't understand the big need for lights for 2 or 3 games a season, AU has many senior fans who have warm milk and graham crackers by 8pm. Although, I know some who prefer bourbon.

Comment

• That grass looked as good after the game despite the rain- we have a great grounds crew.

Comment

• Bemidji State no longer has the track. When they put the turf in, they took the track out and re-centered the field. This also coincided with the move of the soccer program to The Chet.

You still are pretty close to the action though. And the view of the lake is still there to take away the fact that you are sitting in a stadium built as a WPA project.
                      Millsy

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSkkaWX...dium=copy_link

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                          Bemidji State no longer has the track. When they put the turf in, they took the track out and re-centered the field. This also coincided with the move of the soccer program to The Chet.

You still are pretty close to the action though. And the view of the lake is still there to take away the fact that you are sitting in a stadium built as a WPA project.
                          When was this done?

Comment

When was this done?
                            2013. They did pave walkways to the bleachers on some of the path of the track.

https://cdn.streamlinehosting.net/bs...sonAerial.jpeg
                            Millsy

Comment

• The fans are too far away from the field. The track is a big reason why. And the video board is way too small and too far away to be useful for the facility......the only purpose it really serves is the school can say "hey, we have a video board just like everyone else!".

The school has invested quite a bit of money in the remodel of the grandstand, adding some suites and such. But I doubt it'll ever climb mucher higher than 10th in these rankings.

Comment

• 13 years later SMSU's remains at the top.

The suites are the best in the NSIC as you can sit outside in great weather or inside if you prefer.

I agree with the criticism about the visitor seating, but the berm and hill are pretty good options too.

The canopy is also amazing as we saw on Thursday night as it was rainy and windy but dry under there.

I know I am biased. I accept that but as a home fan it is easily the best .

Also there are many good to great stadiums in the league, not just SMSU

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X