Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

We just have to kill off laker, then see if we can exchange all of his empty chocolate milk bottles for a big enough donation

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

We just have to kill off laker, then see if we can exchange all of his empty chocolate milk bottles for a big enough donation
      You could probably build a new NFL stadium with all those empty bottles.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

You could probably build a new NFL stadium with all those empty bottles.
        Well, the Toledo Rockets named their stadiums for them.

Glass Bowl - Wikipedia

Comment

• I noticed the sound system issues too. The ticket scanners also didn't work when I was trying to get in - though that didn't affect me as a lowly standing room guy.

Out of curisoity, I made it out to Swisher. It will work fine for Aberdeen Central, but I'm happy NSU has their own facility. I noticed they took down every mention of both NSU and Presentation College, which is interesting. Did PC move out too?

Comment

• Before I left town I made it over to the NSU Pavillion - it's been forgotten with the excitement over the football stadium, but it's gorgeous. Not a fan of the turf and scoreboard, but I get it at the same time. Beautiful facility - I almost want to come back just to see a game there.

I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I'll see if I can upload what I have tomorrow.

Any plans to give Fossum Field a spit shine?

Comment

• I've seen three of these in person, so I can't fairly rank all.

We stopped and saw Sioux Falls and Minot on our way to Yellowstone a few summers ago. Not NSIC, but we saw Black Hills too.

And I went to the game when Winona hosted Carson-Newman when I was a student at C-N.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I noticed the sound system issues too. The ticket scanners also didn't work when I was trying to get in - though that didn't affect me as a lowly standing room guy.

Out of curisoity, I made it out to Swisher. It will work fine for Aberdeen Central, but I'm happy NSU has their own facility. I noticed they took down every mention of both NSU and Presentation College, which is interesting. Did PC move out too?
                PC still plays games at Swisher, but the Saints are pretty much an afterthought in Aberdeen. I think they put up some signage on game day, but nothing permanent. Swisher got a bit of a facelift in 2019 and with NSU leaving they really wanted to make it an Aberdeen Central home field.

As for baseball, I don't see that happening. There are some wishful baseball people in town that hope they are next, but I don't see it happening. NSU baseball has next to no following and as you saw this weekend a lot of resources have been poured into the school and athletics over the past few years. I think it will be a while before you see any large capital campaigns around Northern again. It was kind of funny as there were baseball players selling the 50/50 tickets on Saturday and they made the comment they needed to raise money for their own stadium too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

PC still plays games at Swisher, but the Saints are pretty much an afterthought in Aberdeen. I think they put up some signage on game day, but nothing permanent. Swisher got a bit of a facelift in 2019 and with NSU leaving they really wanted to make it an Aberdeen Central home field.

As for baseball, I don't see that happening. There are some wishful baseball people in town that hope they are next, but I don't see it happening. NSU baseball has next to no following and as you saw this weekend a lot of resources have been poured into the school and athletics over the past few years. I think it will be a while before you see any large capital campaigns around Northern again. It was kind of funny as there were baseball players selling the 50/50 tickets on Saturday and they made the comment they needed to raise money for their own stadium too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Yeah, I figured. I went over to the college before I realized they played at Swisher - it's a tiny, tiny school. Those types of schools don't typically command large fan bases, so that makes sense. I thought I saw a sign of Swisher some years back with a PC sign underneath the press box, but it looks like it was just NSU and AC. I totally get why AC wants to make the stadium their own with the Wolves departure.

I went over to Fossum Field before I left town too, it's actually a pretty respectable D2 stadium for the upper Midwest - I've seen a lot worse. Maybe someday NSU will be able to elevate it to the level of their other facilities.

I enjoyed the town, and the school. Seems like a solid community up there. Your theater is beautiful too, the Capitol. Will have to make it back for an event when I can actually root for the home team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X