Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Attendance

I am curious about attendance all over the D2 world. Last year I did an RMAC attendance thread, in which I listed the attendance of every game played in an RMAC stadium every week and I also listed all RMAC teams ranked based on home attendance, updated weekly. I am wondering if anyone here wants to do a NSIC attendance thread? The attendance is almost always listed in boxscores posted online on teams' athletic websites. I will check back here to see if anyone does this. If anyone would like an idea of how this might look, you can check out last year's RMAC attendance thread which I started and updated weekly.

??????https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...tendance/page4

league attendance is clearly listed under standing on NSIC website. Here is last seasons attendance.
    https://nsic_ftp.sidearmsports.com/c...8/CONFSKED.HTM

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      league attendance is clearly listed under standing on NSIC website. Here is last seasons attendance.
      https://nsic_ftp.sidearmsports.com/c...8/CONFSKED.HTM
      Thanks, it is nice to pull up easily accessible information. All conference websites have different looks and not all of them post information in this manner.

I also like to read other people thoughts regarding this topic.

Comment

NSIC home openers attendance

Concordia-St Paul 2,219

Mary 3,784

Northern State 3,972

MN-Duluth 2,308

MN-Crookston 2,199

Comment

SMSU raked in 2876 tonight for the Ag Bowl - which is down from the posted attendance last year of 2877.

I'm not sure what info you're after, but in regards to SMSU:

-Attendance is highest for Ag Bowl and Homecoming. Sometimes the Winona State game is a draw.

-Last year we averaged 1,786 fans per game, which was down from previous years. Given the population, I think the ~2,000 range isn't bad. It could be better, but it isn't bad.

-Attendance is directly correlated to weather. The stadium has no heat on the main concourse, so it gets quite cold during the latter half of the season. That's why the last two games averaged something like 600 fans each last year.

-Highest attendance ever was 4,762. That was Week 4 of 2015, Homecoming, and two undefeated teams - hence the number.

-We have no direct competition on Saturday's unlike a lot of programs in the NSIC. The nearest CFB program at any level is 60 miles away. This means we are the only show in town, which helps.

That's about it. It's been a highly discussed topic on this board before, so I'm sure some folks will have some good insight.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            SMSU raked in 2876 tonight for the Ag Bowl - which is down from the posted attendance last year of 2877.

I'm not sure what info you're after, but in regards to SMSU:

-Attendance is highest for Ag Bowl and Homecoming. Sometimes the Winona State game is a draw.

-Last year we averaged 1,786 fans per game, which was down from previous years. Given the population, I think the ~2,000 range isn't bad. It could be better, but it isn't bad.

-Attendance is directly correlated to weather. The stadium has no heat on the main concourse, so it gets quite cold during the latter half of the season. That's why the last two games averaged something like 600 fans each last year.

-Highest attendance ever was 4,762. That was Week 4 of 2015, Homecoming, and two undefeated teams - hence the number.

-We have no direct competition on Saturday's unlike a lot of programs in the NSIC. The nearest CFB program at any level is 60 miles away. This means we are the only show in town, which helps.

That's about it. It's been a highly discussed topic on this board before, so I'm sure some folks will have some good insight.
            Is there heat on the concourses of any NSIC football stadium? I haven't been to all of them yet, but none of the stadiums I have visited had heat anywhere unless you stuck yourself under the hand dryer in the restroom.

Comment

Weather has a great deal of influence on attendance in the NSIC as it can be blazing hot early in the season or cold, windy and snowy towards the last couple of weeks. It was raining off and on for Augustana's season opener, which affected attendance. 3100 people showed up for the game a 1000 less than normal, but then again AU has many senior aged fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Is there heat on the concourses of any NSIC football stadium? I haven't been to all of them yet, but none of the stadiums I have visited had heat anywhere unless you stuck yourself under the hand dryer in the restroom.
                I highly doubt it. I've only been to USF and MSU though.

Our bathrooms are heated. I'd hang out there during halftime and check in every once and a while during drives. I think our box seats are heated too - the outside ones I mean.

It would be nice if we could add heaters to the concourse so at least part of the stadium was a bit warmer. Probably wouldn't drive attendance up though.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Weather has a great deal of influence on attendance in the NSIC as it can be blazing hot early in the season or cold, windy and snowy towards the last couple of weeks. It was raining off and on for Augustana's season opener, which affected attendance. 3100 people showed up for the game a 1000 less than normal, but then again AU has many senior aged fans.
                  It was like 65 and rainy here too, which didn't help - although I don't think we did too bad.

Week 3 last year @ USF, it was something bonkers like 96 @ kickoff. Cougars came out in their black uniforms too. I enjoyed it but I really felt for the players. I'm not sure how heat impacts attendance though.

Comment

But we're getting to a point where our competition is former Marshall HS athletes who are playing in college. Many times things are scheduled so you can take in both, but once in a while there's crossover, especially if you want to go to those games in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Hand dryers? BSU doesn't even have those!
                      Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

But we're getting to a point where our competition is former Marshall HS athletes who are playing in college. Many times things are scheduled so you can take in both, but once in a while there's crossover, especially if you want to go to those games in person.
                        Well, yeah - but that's a lot harder to quantify. My point is, we didn't lose any fans to the CFB team "down the road" because there isn't one.

That does bring up a question though - is there a large overlap between SMSU/MHS fans? I really couldn't care less about MHS, but that's just me obviously.

Comment

That does bring up a question though - is there a large overlap between SMSU/MHS fans? I really couldn't care less about MHS, but that's just me obviously.
                          Very big, I'd say. Probably around half, at least.

Comment

Well, yeah - but that's a lot harder to quantify. My point is, we didn't lose any fans to the CFB team "down the road" because there isn't one.

I would think overlap of local high school and fans of the college would be huge.

Comment

I was thinking so.

Most of the people I know in Marshall aren't "from" there, so I never really heard about MHS stuff. Heard a lot about Minneota and Lakeview though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X