Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

Yes. Very festive atmosphere last night. The band, lots of students, home side and the berm filled, visitors side had a good number. Nice weather after several days of rain. Lots of fun!
    Good to hear! I should have come over for it. Gas expense and all.

Do you happen to know what MSU's largest is?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Good to hear! I should have come over for it. Gas expense and all.

Do you happen to know what MSU's largest is?
      I'd have to look it up. My guess would be well over 7,000 for Homecoming against the Bison when they came from way behind- like 21-0 or something like that and ended up winning 28-27.

Comment

I'd have to look it up. My guess would be well over 7,000 for Homecoming against the Bison when they came from way behind- like 21-0 or something like that and ended up winning 28-27.
        Homecoming vs. Augustana 2015. Had like around 7,200 if I remember correctly. Could top it this year with UMD coming to town.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Homecoming vs. Augustana 2015. Had like around 7,200 if I remember correctly. Could top it this year with UMD coming to town.
          Dang... might have to attend that one...

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

According to the box score on Bemidji's website, there was 1,992 in attendance Thur night against Mary.
            They must have quit counting for the evening and resumed Friday morning. When I looked right away Friday morning when getting to work, it was at 973.
            Millsy

Comment

Yes. Very festive atmosphere last night. The band, lots of students, home side and the berm filled, visitors side had a good number. Nice weather after several days of rain. Lots of fun!
              Was a great atmosphere. Loved to see the berm as full as it was. Hoping that continues as long as the weather stays tolerable. Homecoming against Duluth should go north of 6500 for sure. Could easily push past 7000 if conditions (weather and team records) are favorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Was a great atmosphere. Loved to see the berm as full as it was. Hoping that continues as long as the weather stays tolerable. Homecoming against Duluth should go north of 6500 for sure. Could easily push past 7000 if conditions (weather and team records) are favorable.

Comment

Good thing about alums coming back for homecoming is many now have families. And they bring them. And that ups the attendance :)

Comment

HC is that party/concert that College Town has been offering the last few years... I know all the locals and alum will go but would put a damper on the student attendance that would go to the game.
                    MSU hosted a concert last year on HC Sunday and the headliner no-showed - it was a pretty ugly situation from what I'd heard and the students were very upset. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you are referencing, but if they do it again, I'd be curious to know if last year's proceedings impact attendance of the concert this year.

https://www.msureporter.com/2018/10/...ow-must-go-on/

Last edited by SW_Mustang; 09-18-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

MSU hosted a concert last year on HC Sunday and the headliner no-showed - it was a pretty ugly situation from what I'd heard and the students were very upset. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you are referencing, but if they do it again, I'd be curious to know if last year's proceedings impact attendance of the concert this year.

https://www.msureporter.com/2018/10/...ow-must-go-on/
                      Not referring the same thing. But I highly bet college town has something planned again.

Comment

Not referring the same thing. But I highly bet college town has something planned again.
                        Okay, that makes sense. I'm not on campus enough to get into the culture and whatnot. I just remember that one because it was such a mess.

Comment

Saw the posted attendance for Mankato being something like 5,018 this go around.

Makes me wonder what next week is going to be like.

Comment

Saw the posted attendance for Mankato being something like 5,018 this go around.

Makes me wonder what next week is going to be like.
                            Forecast calls for rain so..... not looking to promising

Comment

Forecast calls for rain so..... not looking to promising
                              Bummer. I'll be there either way, I just hope it's nor crazy cold.

Comment

Bummer. I'll be there either way, I just hope it's nor crazy cold.
                                Also, I did hear there will be a concert at college town again that goes from 11-3 so again student attendance could lag. But then again, maybe the name UMD may convince students to go otherwise because historically the Mavs play bottom dwellers for homecoming.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X