Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Chat

Absolutely killer. Wolves held Bemidji to a 4th downs Bemidji goes for it, QB scrambles to avoid a sack and TE (I think) for Bemidji makes a great grab to take it in for a TD

Northern had a nice drive going, Trautman had a man up the middle which would have been an easy TD. Hunter throws to the wrong guy (trailing) and Bemidji picks it off and runs it inside the Wolves 5. Ugh...

Comment

Bemidji loses the ball on back to back plays but ruled down, the 2nd leading for a TD. Wolves block the XP and attempt to run it back for two but not enough space. 13-0 Beavs

Comment

Hunter stands in to take a big hit and heaves it up, Bemidji picks it off with another big run back. TD Bemidji, Beavs miss the kick but leads 19-0...

Comment

I can't question the toughness of Hunter after finishing last year with an MCL and ACL tear, but right now he has zero mobility. A big part of his talent. Bemidji called for a late hit which gives the Wolves a first down instead of a 4th. Definitely a break we needed.

As I type this Hunter takes off scrambling for a huge gain on the ground.

Wolves rush a 1st down play and get down to the Bemidji 5. Absolutely need a score here. Just like last year agaisnt Bemidji, Wolves look able to compete but their mistakes become HUGE mistakes. This could be much closer....but it isn't

Comment

Wolves go on 4th, get the 1st but a piss poor mark leads to Bemidji ball....

Comment

Oh...hello Golden Bears?!

Comment

Coo looked good on first drive, but a whole lot of choking since. Gabe Watson not playing...

Comment

Also, Concordia is getting after the ball quite well

Comment

Wolves have forced Bemidji to two straight three and outs... have to eventually capitalize

Comment

Well it was a bit of a rough game for the Dragons, but no worries. Got the win and can learn from the season opener before taking on... *checks notes* UMD. Oh. :bad:

Comment

UMD over Minot 52-7.... the one score they gave up was a doozie though, I would guess you will see it on highlights tomorrow. A 104 yd kick off return by the Beavers, after the returner was hit by a trio of Bulldogs in the endzone, he bounced out and down the sideline for the long score.

Comment

Originally posted by umd1 View Post
                          UMD over Minot 52-7.... the one score they gave up was a doozie though, I would guess you will see it on highlights tomorrow. A 104 yd kick off return by the Beavers, after the returner was hit by a trio of Bulldogs in the endzone, he bounced out and down the sideline for the long score.
                          I'm surprised this wasn't talked about more - it made the rounds on Twitter, and given it was opening night for the NFL, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by umd1 View Post
                            Glad someone finally mentioned it. Was all over the 'net. Excitin' first game for that young player.

Comment

Here are a few of my thoughts from Week 1.

1) While I don't think the sky is completely falling for NSU, the first game was a disappointment (even if it was a little expected). I think the defense played better than last season, but they were put in some pretty tough spots. It's hard to tell what to make of the running game after getting held in check by a really good Bemidji defense. The biggest takeaway for me from week one is that the Wolves need better QB play. There were too many bad throws and missed receivers. Again, I think Bemidji is really good so we will see what the rest of the season brings for the Wolves. Like it or not, the rumblings are getting a little louder in Aberdeen. Expectations are only going to grow for the football program with the improved facilities.

2) Holy Golden Bears!!! Witt was all over them being better than people expected and they surely made him look smart in Week 1. USF missing Watson surely hurt and it sounds like the Coo special teams unit should come with its own big top, but that was still an impressive showing for CSP. While I still don't think they will compete for a playoff spot, they have definitely put the NSIC on notice, especially if they can continue to get solid QB play.

3) Is Augie really good or are the Peacocks really bad? Probably a little bit of both. I think we all expected Augie to be better than they were last year and we knew the offense would put up points. Upper Iowa also sounds like it may have a pretty long season, especially in the South.

4) Maybe Mankato isn't completely invincible? Actually, I think SMSU is better than most expected. The Mavs may have relaxed a little too much after jumping out the big lead and SMSU always seems to have a good passing game. I think the Mavs still steamroll through the NSIC (however, I do think they will need to develop a passing game and better pass defense to win in the playoffs) and I think SMSU will make life tough on teams that struggle in the back end of their defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X