Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankato vs SMSU - Week 1

I didn't see any posts yet about this game so I'll start. I won't be able to go tonight but here's hoping the Mavs come out to play a clean game today without injuries and working out any kinks that come up.

I don't know much about SMSU this year but the Mavs usually get the Mustangs best shot in their games. I think USF getting pummeled by CSP should keep the Mavs focused on coming out with a victory tonight

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    I didn't see any posts yet about this game so I'll start. I won't be able to go tonight but here's hoping the Mavs come out to play a clean game today without injuries and working out any kinks that come up.

I don't know much about SMSU this year but the Mavs usually get the Mustangs best shot in their games. I think USF getting pummeled by CSP should keep the Mavs focused on coming out with a victory tonight
    My call is 41-7 Mavs. This will be a rebuilding year for the stangs... Mavericks could score more but with it being the first game, there will be some rust.

Comment

I don't know much about SMSU this year but the Mavs usually get the Mustangs best shot in their games.
      You're being generous. I'm not sure we've been competitive in the series since taking the game to overtime back when Thielen was on the roster. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this being close. I'm just looking for encouraging signs to take from this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

You're being generous. I'm not sure we've been competitive in the series since taking the game to overtime back when Thielen was on the roster. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this being close. I'm just looking for encouraging signs to take from this game.
        It's always a tricky thing going into a game you should win, especially when it's the first game of the year and the other team theoretically has nothing to play for. Mavs can't get overconfident or Mustangs might come up and smack them in the mouth

Comment

Should be a fun one, my first and probably only game this season. Too bad I can't get in for free with my MSU ID, haha.

Can't say I'm expecting too much though.

Comment

On paper, MSU should win. However, as we all know, games are not won on paper. The Mavs need to be focused and businesslike. Probably many first-game mistakes by both teams; hopefully neither team sustains any serious injuries to begin the season.

Comment

It's always a tricky thing going into a game you should win, especially when it's the first game of the year and the other team theoretically has nothing to play for.
              True, a repeat of the 2016 SMSU opener would be pretty cool

Comment

I thought the 2013 game was pretty close up until Kern got hurt, but maybe I'm misremembering it.

That was actually my first SMSU game.

Comment

Someone is down for the Mavs. Can't see who.

Comment

SMSU Field Goal

Lead 3-0

That was pomising.

Comment

MSU TD - Nate Gunn

2 Pt. Conversion

8-3

Comment

MSU #24 just got rocked. Holy smokes.

Looked like the coaches were having to hold guys back.

15 yard penalty on SMSU.

Comment

MSU TD - Nate Gunn.

15-3

Comment

Msu fg

18-3

Comment

INT MSU

9:06 2nd

Comment

Ad3