Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

I read it and that's why I commented. If ya wanna keep the MB viable 'n fair, teams need equal acknowledgment.

I merely posted the link so people had easy access to read Witt's article without going back to the front page of the site.

Comment

BSU 52 Mary 7. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        BSU 52 Mary 7. Ouch.
        Halfway through the 3rd quarter mary had less than 80 yards of offense...yikes

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

How so? Every other team got a decent nod, but not our two? I like the guy but fair is fair.
          As I've always been told "Fair does not necessarily mean equal". I'm a proud Northern alum and fan and I don't know that I could come up with more than 2 lines to discuss this game, especially if I was writing about 16 teams. We'd all love more coverage of our teams, but we have to give people something to talk about first.

Comment

Augie is the real deal. Augie 45, MSU 24

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post
              Augie is the real deal. Augie 45, MSU 24
              Those are some big words!!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                Matt's commentary is insightful, he is well informed.
                I never said he wasn't insightful or well-informed. All I said was I thought he might've come up with a few more thoughts. Seven notifications. Hey Zeus! Wonder how many would've responded had I opened up a REAL can of worms?

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Have you considered that some of us might appreciate Witt's writing more for not writing too much about certain games/teams?
                  Oh, of course the Augie elitist can't be bothered to read a few extra lines about teams without the crown of his Vikings. Predictable. Sad, really. :)

Comment

Didn't sound like the most fun at the BSU game. It's been raining like crazy here in Bemidji basically all week. Beavers certainly looked impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Oh, of course the Augie elitist can't be bothered to read a few extra lines about teams without the crown of his Vikings. Predictable. Sad, really. :)
                      Thank you. At least someone gets it. And a Winona fan, no less.

Comment

At 6'2" 220 lbs. Nate Gunn is heavier than any of Augustana's linebackers. Last seasons game Augie. held him to 135 yards. I would imagine coach would be happy with that.. MSU starting lineup is loaded with seniors. After last seasons deep run in the playoffs a national championship would have to be the teams goal.

Comment

BSU Quarterback Brandon Alt suffers a torn ACL to the same knee as last year:

https://lptv.org/bsu-quarterback-bra...5sF_lcPwEeuWBY
                          Millsy

Comment

I have no issue with those questioning why not more about their individual game. When you are a fan or supporter of a D2 squad, you don't get much coverage in the first place..so you cling to whatever coverage you can get.

In the past I had more information about the games than I'm doing this year. With coaching my boys, a regular daily job, and moving into a new place....I've barely found time for the NSIC column. Making time for my coaches chats for my preview was difficult and I took a few days off work to speak with them all and document the information provided. That said, I didn't wanna simply abort the mission and hand off the role to someone else. Oddly, I'm now finding myself as one of the most tenured columnists.

I wouldn't say that each game deserves equal coverage. Some games with "lower teams" have a more interesting story-line than others and thus they get more ink. Typically the bigger games and/or high performing teams will get more coverage.

I'd like to thank all of you who take the time to check out my column. It's always interesting to see that players and coaches lurk more than they let on, but that's cool too. You might even be surprised that they read this forum as well. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                              BSU Quarterback Brandon Alt suffers a torn ACL to the same knee as last year:

https://lptv.org/bsu-quarterback-bra...5sF_lcPwEeuWBY
                              This is a real bad deal for BSU....as hopes were very high with him..and this squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                                I have no issue with those questioning why not more about their individual game. When you are a fan or supporter of a D2 squad, you don't get much coverage in the first place..so you cling to whatever coverage you can get.

In the past I had more information about the games than I'm doing this year. With coaching my boys, a regular daily job, and moving into a new place....I've barely found time for the NSIC column. Making time for my coaches chats for my preview was difficult and I took a few days off work to speak with them all and document the information provided. That said, I didn't wanna simply abort the mission and hand off the role to someone else. Oddly, I'm now finding myself as one of the most tenured columnists.

I wouldn't say that each game deserves equal coverage. Some games with "lower teams" have a more interesting story-line than others and thus they get more ink. Typically the bigger games and/or high performing teams will get more coverage.

I'd like to thank all of you who take the time to check out my column. It's always interesting to see that players and coaches lurk more than they let on, but that's cool too. You might even be surprised that they read this forum as well. :bulgy-eyes:
                                Keep up the good work. If no one else appreciate what you do I do. I've been on this form for 2-3 years since my son started playing for Winona. The reason I know anything about the other teams is because of you. I though this forum was about helping each other grow. If you have information about your team why don't you just share it with Matt instead of making him do all the work for you.
                                Thanks Matt you are Appreciated by me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X