Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD vs. MSU Homecoming Week and NSIC Game of the Year!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD vs. MSU Homecoming Week and NSIC Game of the Year!

Definitely an interesting game this week at MSU. The Mavs defense has been stellar the past three games. Offensively, not bad overall but need to improve; especially in the red zone.
    There used to be several UMD supporters on the board a few years ago.

Comment

Mav defense has been tough. But they can't stay on the field forever. Offense has to get in synch. We need some consistency and long drives rather than Hail Marys. We better get a much more complete gang if we expect to get a purple victory.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Mav defense has been tough. But they can't stay on the field forever. Offense has to get in synch. We need some consistency and long drives rather than Hail Marys. We better get a much more complete gang if we expect to get a purple victory.
        I said this in the game thread but I think Ekowa needs to take over full time. Ive never been a fan of the two qb system even though it took them to the national championship game. Schlichte just hasnt been very good this season. Maybe having one qb will improve the consistency of the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

I said this in the game thread but I think Ekowa needs to take over full time. Ive never been a fan of the two qb system even though it took them to the national championship game. Schlichte just hasnt been very good this season. Maybe having one qb will improve the consistency of the offense.
          In retrospect, the Mavs have played some of the better pass defense teams early on this year. As in past years, we usually play the bottom dwellers early. After this week, the Mavs play only one team with a winning record. But the QB play does need to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

In retrospect, the Mavs have played some of the better pass defense teams early on this year. As in past years, we usually play the bottom dwellers early. After this week, the Mavs play only one team with a winning record. But the QB play does need to improve.
            The highest ranked pass defense they've faced is Winona and they have the 9th ranked pass defense in the conference so not exactly great pass defenses. Im not too worried about conference play right now but the game against Ferris St showed we need to improve the passing game. Now is the time to start improving that.

Comment

This is definitely the game of the week (and maybe the season), and it will be a good indication of what type of team UMD actually has this season. If you just look at the scores, it would appear that UMD has once again been dominant, but the reality is a little different.
              The Bulldogs were unstoppable against Minot in the opener, but really struggled in the first half for the next 3 games. Moorhead actually had a lead at the half, and the teams looked pretty even. The second half was a different story as UMD totally steamrolled the Dragons. Last week against BSU it was similar, and you could argue that BSU looked to be as good if not a better team after one half of play. The second half was a completely different story as a few big plays either sparked the Bulldogs or deflated the Beavers, but everything seemed to click in the second half.

I am hoping it is a matter of coaches adjustments and wearing down an opponent, but realize there is probably also a little of the "here we go again" feeling stuck in the back of some of the NSIC North teams minds. That will not be the case with MSU, as they have had our number recently.

I am hoping for a great game and hopefully a solid 4 quarters from my squad.

Comment

Originally posted by umd1 View Post
                This is definitely the game of the week (and maybe the season), and it will be a good indication of what type of team UMD actually has this season. If you just look at the scores, it would appear that UMD has once again been dominant, but the reality is a little different.
                The Bulldogs were unstoppable against Minot in the opener, but really struggled in the first half for the next 3 games. Moorhead actually had a lead at the half, and the teams looked pretty even. The second half was a different story as UMD totally steamrolled the Dragons. Last week against BSU it was similar, and you could argue that BSU looked to be as good if not a better team after one half of play. The second half was a completely different story as a few big plays either sparked the Bulldogs or deflated the Beavers, but everything seemed to click in the second half.

I am hoping it is a matter of coaches adjustments and wearing down an opponent, but realize there is probably also a little of the "here we go again" feeling stuck in the back of some of the NSIC North teams minds. That will not be the case with MSU, as they have had our number recently.

I am hoping for a great game and hopefully a solid 4 quarters from my squad.
                This post does speak to how UMD has played this year....at times they've really clicked..and last week I thought BSU looked like the better squad until half..but with their #2 QB getting hurt and then being on their #3 for 3/4's of the game..I felt UMD would then assert themselves and they did in resounding fashion in the back half of the game. Considering how close their game ended up being with SCSU..and then seeing Northern beat SCSU....bring into question about how good the north teams are..and we will see that in the next few weeks as the North and South clash.

Without digging into the game just yet, I think MSU is a clear favorite given they've started to look slowly dominant in each of their last few games..against solid opponents.

Comment

Wasn't this game supposed to be on tv or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                    Wasn't this game supposed to be on tv or something?
                    A tweet from Coach Hoffner said that the game will be on ESPN 3. Probably a good thing after the $hit show feed we got from the last game.

Comment

Will have to keep an eye on this one for sure. Should be a good match up.

Comment

Comment

Hopefully the rain will either stop or hold off for today's game. Obviously a very important one, and hopefully the Mavs have most or all of their personnel available for action today.

Comment

Im tired of it raining everytime I go to an event. Hopefully the rain doesn't come and the Blake packs. It would be a shame if mother nature ruined the atmosphere.
                            Last edited by Supercal95; 10-05-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

You leave Shane 1 on 1 on the very first play and you pay the price. 7-0 Mavs!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X