Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Players of the Week (10/7)

NSIC Offensive Player of the Week
    #84 Shane Zylstra (WR, 6-5, 215, Sr., Spicer, Minn. / New London-Spicer HS) - Minnesota State
    NSIC Defensive Player of the Week
    #43 Nicholas Joynt (LB, 6-1, 200, So., Garner, Iowa / Garner-Hayfield-Ventura HS) - Wayne State

- Credited with 14 tackles (10 solo) in 30-7 win over Minnesota Crookston
    - Had one sack for five yards, two tackles for loss for 17 yards and one fumble recovery
    - Had safety after tackling UMC punter in end zone for 12 yard loss and safety...anchored WSC defense that had six sacks.

NSIC Special Teams Player of the Week
    #4 Isaiah Hall
    (KR/DB, 5-10, 170, Jr., Minneapolis, Minn. / Apple Valley HS) - Winona State
    - Returned the opening kickoff 98 yards for a TD at MSU Moorhead
    - Added a 29-yard punt return in the 4th quarter to set up the game-winning field goal
    - Totaled 174 return yards in the 28-26 win

No surprise for Shane! He put on a clinic!

Comment

Well-deserved for Mr. Z; outstanding performance again on Saturday. Definitely one of the very best games by the entire team I have witnessed in my many years of following MSU football.

Comment

Shane continues to amaze me. When I see him in the open eating up yards with each stride I can't help but think how lucky the Mavs were to have first Thielen and now him. And to think that Nate Gunn set the MSU rushing record on Saturday to go with that. Savor the moment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X