Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Week #6 - Chat

Question, please: UIU @ Mary. Minot @ Winona and others up north. Major snowstorm in the forecast for ND. What happens if one or the other or the other or none can make the schedule due to the weather?

Tryin' again. The TRAVELIN' team gets stranded and CAN'T make the game. How does that affect the standings? The game isn't played...PERIOD. That is my question. Thank you.
    Last edited by Clean Liver; 10-10-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Trying to think of the year- probably 2010. UMD at MSU to end the season- terrible snowstorm. Game postponed, moved to Southwest for Sunday- where it hadn't snowed!

Somewhere around the late 90s or maybe 2000- Mavs were supposed to play at Howard Wood against Augie. Game got moved to 11 AM in Vermillion because USD hosted NDSU at 6:00.

Crookston has moved their game to UND. Bison play Northern Iowa at home.

This could get interesting. I'm sure that Northern won't want to move/postpone the game.

Comment

Definitely a major potential problem. I would assume if conditions are really severe Saturday, they may try to play on Sunday. As mentioned, MSU played UMD at SW State on a Sunday. It was the year Thielen was a freshman, I recall. Anyway, there is precedent for a Sunday game. Though I'm sure that would be a last resort.

Comment

It's going to be fine, just bundle up as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Trying to think of the year- probably 2010. UMD at MSU to end the season- terrible snowstorm. Game postponed, moved to Southwest for Sunday- where it hadn't snowed!

Somewhere around the late 90s or maybe 2000- Mavs were supposed to play at Howard Wood against Augie. Game got moved to 11 AM in Vermillion because USD hosted NDSU at 6:00.

Crookston has moved their game to UND. Bison play Northern Iowa at home.

This could get interesting. I'm sure that Northern won't want to move/postpone the game.
            SMSU is at home this weekend, so that would be interesting.

I'm sure we'd let them use old Matke if needed though, Haha.

Comment

Only think stopping Gypsy Days was a world war. We are game on. Laker, I'll get you a weather report when I get there today and post tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                Only think stopping Gypsy Days was a world war. We are game on. Laker, I'll get you a weather report when I get there today and post tomorrow too.
                Thanks! I see it is bad in the Bismarck area this morning.

Comment

Thanks! I see it is bad in the Bismarck area this morning.
                  Yeah, friends west of Aberdeen by the river reported about five inches. 99 miles north in jamestown they are supposed to get over 20 inches. The longer it stays raining in Aberdeen the better off we'll be. So far I'm hearing less than an inch.

Comment

Current National Weather Service forecast in Aberdeen.
                    1 - 2' this afternoon
                    3 - 7' tonight
                    3 - 7' Friday

Comment

Originally posted by nsufan View Post
                      1 - 2' this afternoon
                      3 - 7' tonight
                      3 - 7' Friday
                      14 feet of snow? Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by nsufan View Post
                        1 - 2' this afternoon
                        3 - 7' tonight
                        3 - 7' Friday
                        Welp, we've already passed that (assuming it was meant to be 2", not 2'). It was sleet/slush until about an hour ago and now it's big fat flakes. The game will go on, but I'd be awfully surprised if there is a parade. Maybe the NSU defense can build snowmen to help slow down the Mavs offense Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Welp, we've already passed that (assuming it was meant to be 2", not 2'). It was sleet/slush until about an hour ago and now it's big fat flakes. The game will go on, but I'd be awfully surprised if there is a parade. Maybe the NSU defense can build snowmen to help slow down the Mavs offense Saturday.
                          11 AM Mav parade was called off by about 7 AM last Saturday. At least it stopped raining before game time.

One time MSU was hosting Northern Colorado back in their D2 national championship days. Game was supposed to start at 1, but there was still ice and snow on the field so they waited an hour. Sun came out and I was surprised what a difference an hour made.

Comment

11 AM Mav parade was called off by about 7 AM last Saturday. At least it stopped raining before game time.

One time MSU was hosting Northern Colorado back in their D2 national championship days. Game was supposed to start at 1, but there was still ice and snow on the field so they waited an hour. Sun came out and I was surprised what a difference an hour made.
                            Still doesn't answer my question. If a team can't make it how does affect the W-L standings?

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Still doesn't answer my question. If a team can't make it how does affect the W-L standings?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X