Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks in a row the Beavers wiggle out of a tight spot, they got that alligator blood.

Comment

Karma.

Comment

Neither team gave up in the 4th Quarter...

The Beavers wanted to walk out of our facility during our homecoming with a win. The Mustangs wanted to do everything in their power to make sure that happened. Both teams succeeded in their goals today.

This is easily the worst loss we've had since I've been a fan. I'd take another Pitt State gut punch before ever wanting to see something like this again. I'd take a few of them, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post

David Brown from Midco here. If the weather had cooperated, I'd be calling the MSU-NSU game right now. But alas, mother nature had other ideas...

We had all been keeping an eye on the weather during the last few days and while it may have been fine in town, our issue was simply getting to Aberdeen from Sioux Falls.

Several members of our crew were working a high school game in Madison last night and drove afterwards to stay overnight in Watertown to try and get ahead of some of the unpredictability. However, this morning, between Watertown and Summit on I-29, our camera crews and video production van (which we use to make sure our signal gets out to our audience and is extremely heavy) had several close calls with either blowing snow, wind or ice. Our GM, executive producer and engineers determined it was simply not safe to try and make it the rest of the way and cancelled our broadcast.

Believe me, I'd much rather be in Aberdeen right now. Like every game week, I've spent the last several days preparing for this matchup whether it's filling out lineups, charting stats, talking to players and coaches, etc. It's not a good feeling knowing that my preparation this week basically went to waste; in fact, it's incredibly frustrating. But in this situation, safety is our top priority. So not only do I understand the decision, I agree with it wholeheartedly.

I'm mainly writing this just to explain all sides of this equation and how this decision was made. Any other questions, feel free to ask, but I can say with 100% certainty we at Midco Sports Network made every effort to broadcast today's game. Thanks.
          You didnt miss anything, I was just shocked as I had friends travel to and from sioux falls and the cities from here. Didnt seem that bad but didnt give you much of a game to call anyways. See you in Hoops season!

Comment

Comment

Could not agree more. Zylstra was amazing today. I liked also that the Mavs were throwing to the tight ends more today.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

Could not agree more. Zylstra was amazing today. I liked also that the Mavs were throwing to the tight ends more today.

Comment

Definitely was. Glad that Kaiser got some reps as QB in the 4th Qtr; also Sleezer had a lot of carries and yards again today. Nice to have him backing up Gunn and Taormina.

Comment

Yes- use all of your weapons. As an former tight end I've seen too many games where we didn't use that position. Diversity of attack makes a team much harder to stop.

Defense was outstanding. The use of Kaiser on PATs was innovative. Zylstra was, well, Zylstra. Yes, real.........and spectacular like you said!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Neither team gave up in the 4th Quarter...

The Beavers wanted to walk out of our facility during our homecoming with a win. The Mustangs wanted to do everything in their power to make sure that happened. Both teams succeeded in their goals today.

This is easily the worst loss we've had since I've been a fan. I'd take another Pitt State gut punch before ever wanting to see something like this again. I'd take a few of them, actually.

Let me clean up my comment. I should not have used the words "choke". That was uncalled for. Also, Bemidji EARNED the victory. That was just my initial response after the game. I was just frustrated there wasn't any pass rush or blitzes the last few drives and it looked like a simple 7 on 7 pass Skelly session.

But again, good win by the Beavers and hopefully a learning moment for the Stangs'.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X