Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    I just love how the RMAC gets bashed. OK how about this, CO Mines 11 - 0, Pueblo 10 - 1, Dixie St 9 - 2. BUT, if Dixie beats Mines then all 3 teams will be 10 - 1 going into the post season.
    The RMAC could really have 3 teams in this year If things play well, especially if the NSIC only has one representative.

Comment

Yea, I blew boohaha's mind when I came up with this. He did all that work. It's just too early in mid season to try to figure out. but the possibilities are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
        Yea, I blew boohaha's mind when I came up with this. He did all that work. It's just too early in mid season to try to figure out. but the possibilities are fun.
        That doesnt blow my mind at all, i find it hard to believe that dixie will beat mines, its the same with anyone in conference beating Tarleton or Minn St.

I do think a second 9-2 LSC team will get the nod over a 9-2 dixie due to SOS though.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Yea last year 9-2 s&t sat while an 8-3 team got seeded.

Azusa over midwestrrn also comes to mind.
          Let's not forget that APU had only 2 losses at the D2 level....not 3....heading into the playoffs. Unfortunately for MW, they hadn't beaten anybody and would've then been the third LSC team. Much easier for the committee to take the lone GNAC team at that point. APU got blown out by Tartleton..but I can understand how they made it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
            . I hope they learned their lesson after last season. TAR 58 APU 0. Remember that!

Still 5 weeks left so plenty of things can happen and change!
            GNAC does not qualify for EA. This has been covered multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

GNAC does not qualify for EA. This has been covered multiple times.

Comment

Comment

Listened to Steve Frederick, the voice of the USF Cougars, on WCCO driving back home after the Mav game. He compared the games left for UMD and USF. Cougars have to be rated ahead of UMD right now, but the Bulldogs should go 4-0. They are at Upper Iowa, host Crookston, at Mary and host Northern. USF is at Northern, at Upper Iowa, host MSU and finish at Wayne. So USF could get a really big win or a playoff killing loss.

Bemidji would still have to climb over UMD since they lost badly to them at home- they are at Concordia, host St Cloud, and at Moorhead and Minot. Winona is also 5-2 but with losses to MSU and USF needs to win all four and hope that USF loses. They host St Cloud, are at Southwest, host Augie and finish at Concordia. Augie is 5-2 and host Minot and Concordia, visit Winona and host Southwest.

So basically- USF has to hope that they beat MSU, while the others hope that MSU beats them. I don't see more than two NSIC teams making the playoffs as I said earlier. I'm not even going to try to figure out Mineral Water Bowl implications until Week 11.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Listened to Steve Frederick, the voice of the USF Cougars, on WCCO driving back home after the Mav game. He compared the games left for UMD and USF. Cougars have to be rated ahead of UMD right now, but the Bulldogs should go 4-0. They are at Upper Iowa, host Crookston, at Mary and host Northern. USF is at Northern, at Upper Iowa, host MSU and finish at Wayne. So USF could get a really big win or a playoff killing loss.

Bemidji would still have to climb over UMD since they lost badly to them at home- they are at Concordia, host St Cloud, and at Moorhead and Minot. Winona is also 5-2 but with losses to MSU and USF needs to win all four and hope that USF loses. They host St Cloud, are at Southwest, host Augie and finish at Concordia. Augie is 5-2 and host Minot and Concordia, visit Winona and host Southwest.

So basically- USF has to hope that they beat MSU, while the others hope that MSU beats them. I don't see more than two NSIC teams making the playoffs as I said earlier. I'm not even going to try to figure out Mineral Water Bowl implications until Week 11.

Comment

That is what I am thinking, but I haven't projected the schedules of the other conferences like I did the NSIC. It will sort itself out in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I'm guessing 2014. That was the year that USF went 10-1 and was left out of the playoffs. SR3 that year was crazy tight.

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Listened to Steve Frederick, the voice of the USF Cougars, ...
                        Tom Frederick. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                          I'm guessing 2014. That was the year that USF went 10-1 and was left out of the playoffs. SR3 that year was crazy tight.

Tom Frederick. :)
                          Yes- I must have been thinking about our church custodian since it is Sunday. Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                            Updated rankings as of 9/19 in my eyes.

6. Dixie St. (6-1) man what a season for them so far! With all of the coaching controversy from this past off season and the impending move to D1, they are sure putting up a hell of a season!
                            Lost to CSP by 29 to start the season. Crushed the likes of NM Highlands, Black Hills and Simon Fraser. Hardly strong competition. I'm not convinced, but may go to this week's game vs. Chadron.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Lost to CSP by 29 to start the season. Crushed the likes of NM Highlands, Black Hills and Simon Fraser. Hardly strong competition. I'm not convinced, but may go to this week's game vs. Chadron.
                              Agreed. They need to beat someone first.They would not be in my top 10 even with one loss. I would take a couple LSC teams over Dixie until they beat someone of note.

Comment

At least 2 nsic probably 3, esp if Souix Falls beats Minn St. 2 rmac, 2 or 3 lsc depending on NSIC.
                                If minn st goes 4-0 to finish 11-0 the only game that is a toss up is Winona v Augusta, the rest the current 2 loss teams should be favored to win.

Nsic is probably going to finish with 1 undefeated and 4 two loss teams.....
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X