Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive 38-31 victory by Minot State over a good Concordia St. Paul team

Comment

Very happy overall with USF's performance today. Outside of another special teams blunder that handed UMD their only score of the game, and a couple dumb personal foul penalties, the Coo played lights out.

Defense only allowed the Bulldogs to log 133 total yards. Offense put up 406 yards with 298 of them on the ground.

It was a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
        Impressive 38-31 victory by Minot State over a good Concordia St. Paul team
        When I heard that my first thought was, "Outside of a few Minot fans, did anyone make that pick in the weekly contest?"

That and SMSU taking down St. Cloud wrecked the pick 'em for a lot of people, including me.

Comment

Definitely surprised me (the Minot victory). Nice win for their program.

Comment

November 9th just got a little more circled.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
              November 9th just got a little more circled.
              I had that game circled before the season even started.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I was glad when the Mavs took a knee deep inside Mary territory the last two minutes. No need to score- and you don't want to pull a UST.

I was impressed by the Mary punter. Consistently long punts with great hang time.

Zylstra continues to amaze. Gunn had some great runs. Arnold with a couple of scores along with Taormina. Punt return for a TD plus the pick six thirteen seconds into the game.

Beautiful weather today, unlike last week. Nice to be outside.

Comment

Exactly.

Nick Foss, #9, nickleback redshirt freshman out of Harlan, Iowa was injured during pregame non-contact drills. Hurt his knee when he planted his foot and that was it for the day. Hopefully not the season but he was in a lot of pain. No need to leave Gunn in to get 300 yards, same with Zylstra. You need those guys to stay healthy. You never know who the next man up will have to be. Keep guys cheering for each other.

One of the classic lines that I read in my local newspaper was when neighboring Hector ran up the score at Buffalo Lake in basketball. Something like 100+ to 50. Buffalo Lake News editor Garland Hubin wrote, "Hector was resting their bench for the upcoming playoffs." That said it best.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X