• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Rankings (11/11)

SUPER REGION THREE (11/11)
    1. Tarleton State (8-0, 7-0)
    2. Minnesota State-Mankato (10-0, 10-0)
    3. Colorado School of Mines (10-0, 10-0)
    4. Colorado State-Pueblo (9-1, 9-1)
    5. Augustana (8-2, 8-2)
    6. Texas A&M-Commerce (7-2, 7-2)
    7. Angelo State (8-2, 8-2)
    8. Sioux Falls (7-3, 7-3)
    9. Winona State (7-3, 7-3)
    10. Dixie State (7-3, 7-3)

https://twitter.com/wittd2football/s...063000577?s=21 As Witt points out here the SOS of both teams are basically identical plus more wins against .500 or better teams. Maybe next week will change of both teams win

Last edited by msumavfan; 11-11-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msumavfan View Post
      https://twitter.com/wittd2football/s...063000577?s=21 As Witt points out here the SOS of both teams are basically identical plus more wins against .500 or better teams. Maybe next week will change of both teams win
      IWWT.

In Witt We Trust. He knows what the numbers are. He knows what the criteria is supposed to be.

You never know what the NCAA will do.

Comment

I'd be okay with seeing Augustana come to Pueblo, would be nice to see a new team. We'll see what happens with Commerce vs. Angelo this week.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
          SUPER REGION THREE (11/11)
          1. Tarleton State (8-0, 7-0)
          2. Minnesota State-Mankato (10-0, 10-0)
          3. Colorado School of Mines (10-0, 10-0)
          4. Colorado State-Pueblo (9-1, 9-1)
          5. Augustana (8-2, 8-2)
          6. Texas A&M-Commerce (7-2, 7-2)
          7. Angelo State (8-2, 8-2)
          8. Sioux Falls (7-3, 7-3)
          9. Winona State (7-3, 7-3)
          10. Dixie State (7-3, 7-3)

Comment

We'll see, if Commerce loses then all 3 of their losses would be to teams in the top 7 of the region. Can that overcome playing 1 less D2 team and put them as a 3 loss 7 seed? Who knows.

Comment

So it looks like a 3 lose team, will get in, if UMD had not had the 6 turnover game vs UUI, they would be in the hunt even with the USF and Mankato blowouts, , If, Ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

Comment

Can somebody explain why Tarleton State is ranked above the Mavericks? Happy to see my Augustana Vikings are #5.If Augustana is fortunate to win it's last game against SMSU who would the Vikings play by this weeks regional rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Can somebody explain why Tarleton State is ranked above the Mavericks? Happy to see my Augustana Vikings are #5.If Augustana is fortunate to win it's last game against SMSU who would the Vikings play by this weeks regional rankings?
                  Can of worms. Could be several teams- could be someone from another region. It is all very confusing. Witt has pointed out that if MSU wins out that they should be #1. And I'd trust Witt with my life- and maybe even my wallet. But as I said before, it is the NCAA- the box of chocolates. On one hand they don't want teams to fly. On the other hand, they don't want teams from the same conference to play each other in the first round.

Right now- it looks like at least two- and possibly three- NSIC will get in if they win out.

Comment

Comment

Can somebody please explain to me how Augustana is ranked above TAMUC?

Seriously, the Lions lost competitive games against two ranked playoff teams. Augie lost to an unranked team. This is a joke.
                      Last edited by Techster88; 11-11-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Can somebody please explain to me how Augustana is ranked above TAMUC?

Seriously, the Lions lost competitive games against two ranked playoff teams. Augie lost to an unranked team. This is a joke.
                        Agree. My eyeball test says LSC should get 3 teams and not NSIC or RMAC. I think even with 3 losses Commerce should be in. They always show out and they would be the last team I would want to see in the playoffs. I would be happy to see any 3rd place team from any conference over a 3rd place LSC team. As for Dixie they were never above 3rd place in the GNAC and would not be this year either. Just an average team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

Agree. My eyeball test says LSC should get 3 teams and not NSIC or RMAC. I think even with 3 losses Commerce should be in. They always show out and they would be the last team I would want to see in the playoffs. I would be happy to see any 3rd place team from any conference over a 3rd place LSC team. As for Dixie they were never above 3rd place in the GNAC and would not be this year either. Just an average team.
                          Dixie would likely have won the GNAC this year lol, not most years but this year isn't most years as the entire GNAC is clearly down. Regardless, they have no playoff shot, Mines & Pueblo will be in from the RMAC even with a loss this week.

CWU choking against Commerce really got to you it appears though. ;)

Comment

You could be making a trip to Pueblo, but it's not as straightforward as it's been in the past. We shall see.

Comment

So, if Sioux Falls wins this Saturday, they'll either make the playoffs or go to the Mineral Water Bowl?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X