Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Wait, Pueblo? Mines is located in Golden, correct? Or am I getting confused? (Not the first time.)
    Yes, I was just correcting what was in bold above. Golden is at 5,675 feet. Any conditioned college athlete will be just fine, especially in a non-endurance sport. The game won't be played on top of Pikes Peak or any other 14er.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Turbo....I gotta ask, I've only watched 2 Mines games....and noticed over the last month they've allowed 28ppg to APU, SD Mines, Dixie, and then Chadron. Have they gotten injuries or what gives? For a strong defensive team (per the numbers in the first half of the year), those totals would be concerning. Obviously they've scored plenty more....I just haven't had the time to fully dig into them yet. Thanks.

Their AA RB Mayberry gets hurt and his sub has run for over 1,000 yards in the last month (4 games)..with 10 scores..an average of 10 yards per. Whoof..
      I know they have had injuries, just not sure as to who on the defensive side of the ball. They did the same thing last year however as they started really strong and their points allowed started climbing as the season went on. Dixie has their number for some reason so I can understand that score, but not the others certainly. Hopefully someone from Mines will actually chime in and give some insight as to their injuries and if anyone will be able to return for the playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I know they have had injuries, just not sure as to who on the defensive side of the ball. They did the same thing last year however as they started really strong and their points allowed started climbing as the season went on. Dixie has their number for some reason so I can understand that score, but not the others certainly. Hopefully someone from Mines will actually chime in and give some insight as to their injuries and if anyone will be able to return for the playoff game.
        Are there any Mines posters? Genuinely asking as I haven't really heard or seen any in my RMAC lurking. Looks like they draw fairly fell at their nice new stadium as far as fans go.

Appreciate all your info so far Turbo. Trying to get a feel for new schools and conferences is part the fun of the POs for us insulated NSIC folk.
        4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
        2016 NSIC Champions
        🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Are there any Mines posters? Genuinely asking as I haven't really heard or seen any in my RMAC lurking. Looks like they draw fairly fell at their nice new stadium as far as fans go.

Appreciate all your info so far Turbo. Trying to get a feel for new schools and conferences is part the fun of the POs for us insulated NSIC folk.
          Mines has a few fans that are normally more active than what I've seen the past week, not sure where they are all hiding at the moment. Perhaps fears of another playoff bust like last year are scaring them off :)

Their new stadium is nice, they draw decently for most of the community not really having a direct connection to the school...it's not exactly just your local college that everyone applies to lol.

Really happy to see a couple of new teams coming out this way, I have watched some USF games but never Augustana so I'm looking forward to seeing them in person here soon. Doesn't appear as they have many active fans either but hopefully we can get a thread going for that game as well.

Comment

Mines has a few fans that are normally more active than what I've seen the past week, not sure where they are all hiding at the moment. Perhaps fears of another playoff bust like last year are scaring them off :)

Their new stadium is nice, they draw decently for most of the community not really having a direct connection to the school...it's not exactly just your local college that everyone applies to lol.

Really happy to see a couple of new teams coming out this way, I have watched some USF games but never Augustana so I'm looking forward to seeing them in person here soon. Doesn't appear as they have many active fans either but hopefully we can get a thread going for that game as well.
            Auggie has more active basketball posters

Comment

Are there any Mines posters?
              You can count me a s a Mines fan, but just not as intimately knowledgeable with the team as I once was. The stadium should be a sell-out for this game, but I believe the NCAA mandates a minimum of 500 seats behind the visitors. Plenty of SRO room if needed. Should be a great environment.

The team (as pretty much most others) has had injuries, and it has had an effect here and there. As Turbo said, the QB is a true freshman from the Houston area and is very good. They've invested well in the team, have great coaching, great recruiting. I can attest to the extreme difficulty of their curriculum, so the players are very smart. They have been able to grow the size of their lines over the last few years, so they are much more physical than in the past. They can run as well as pass, out of a spread look.

Altitude will be an issue, depending on how the team handles it.

Should be a great game, I'm glad the committee set things up the way they did. I plan to attend. Shout out if you need any local information.

Comment

Scholarships were mentioned earlier. I believe USF is at about 30+ and Mankato might be a few ahead of that..but both in the same range. As mentioned, Winona was at 36 right away, when the change from 28 to 36 was made.

Sounds like the Mines stadium is fairly new and similar to "The Bob" at USF.

Comment

Texasdigger was posting a lot earlier and has a redshirt on the team. Haven't seem him post in a while. Seemed like he knew what was going on. We did get back one of our O-Line starters back last weekend. Maransky hasn't played the last two weeks who is our best cornerback. I don't have clue what's wrong with him. Wish I knew more.

Comment

The RMAC is currently at 34 scholarships allowed, next year they'll finally bump it up to 36. Pueblo is not yet at that 34 number, Mines very well might be.

Pueblo is only at 4600 feet though. Endurance events are much different than a football game. If the teams buy into altitude being a factor then it will be.
                    Don't forget, if you watch he game from the library roof your at 5,000 feet! But the wind chill will get ya chilled to the bone!

Comment

Scholarships were mentioned earlier. I believe USF is at about 30+ and Mankato might be a few ahead of that..but both in the same range. As mentioned, Winona was at 36 right away, when the change from 28 to 36 was made.

Sounds like the Mines stadium is fairly new and similar to "The Bob" at USF.
                      Mines has a Nice Visitors locker room with a game clock inside! Its under the visitors stands! The field turf is old and needs replacing. They should have replaced it when they refurbished the stadium.

Comment

Massey has Mines winning 41-21

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                          Yup....Massey likes the RMAC and hates the NSIC. Not sure I get it. Mankato is still like 10th overall, yet had 1 loss last year and is unbeaten this year..playing in a silo. The MIAA is all over the top 20, yet hasn't done well in the recent playoffs and plays in a silo....so I'm curious how they are sour on MSU but big on the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Yup....Massey likes the RMAC and hates the NSIC. Not sure I get it. Mankato is still like 10th overall, yet had 1 loss last year and is unbeaten this year..playing in a silo. The MIAA is all over the top 20, yet hasn't done well in the recent playoffs and plays in a silo....so I'm curious how they are sour on MSU but big on the MIAA.
                            I played around with this the other day. Had Mines chance of winning at 95/96%. Guess those numbers are explained by the RMAC Massey love? Not sure the algorithm, but maybe non-con games allow the RMAC more data points? Although, that doesn't quite explain the MIAA strength. Oh well, fun to check out.

I completely acknowledge Mines being favored, but with 95% certainty? Guess that's why we play the games.
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...lo/4239644002/

Solid primer on Mines (and CSU-Pueblo) by Zimmer.

Sounds like the Coo are gonna have their hands full on offense. Sell out to stop the run and Matocha gonna toss it around? Or will this play out like the Kato game. Can only slow the run (Gunn) down so much and just have to make it a shootout? Interested to see how they'll approach this.

Playing with house money on Saturday to me, pull out all the stops and see what happens.
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

I played around with this the other day. Had Mines chance of winning at 95/96%. Guess those numbers are explained by the RMAC Massey love? Not sure the algorithm, but maybe non-con games allow the RMAC more data points? Although, that doesn't quite explain the MIAA strength. Oh well, fun to check out.

I completely acknowledge Mines being favored, but with 95% certainty? Guess that's why we play the games.
                                I think I would probably roll with USF +20

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X