• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSICNews View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	465330
    Looks like Underwood and Dufner will be on the market too...
    I've heard this same thing within the last 48 hours. Given the impact on this....if true....I'm using a wait and see approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I've heard this same thing within the last 48 hours. Given the impact on this....if true....I'm using a wait and see approach.
      This would not surprise me. A recent Free Press article said the public Universities in MN were facing pressure due to declining enrollment. UMTC and Mankato were the only ones planning for an increase in the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Considering USF just got above .500 as a program a few years back that wasn't even shade haha, just surprised by that.

I may have to do some media guide digging later this year for some offseason content about program histories. I find that stuff fascinating.
        The NSU record book is nice and organized. By year and also by opponent.

Comment

Crookston I can see. St. Cloud would be surprising, even though the idea was floated just 10 years ago or whenever. Either way... Wow, if true.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• This news could very well become real in the next 24-48 hours..

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

This would not surprise me. A recent Free Press article said the public Universities in MN were facing pressure due to declining enrollment. UMTC and Mankato were the only ones planning for an increase in the next few years.
              Was up at my cabin in Ely two weeks ago, watching Duluth news. UMD facing a $5M budget deficit, doesn't appear any sports impacted, but they are releasing up to 27 professors, consolidating schools, and I believe cutting/reducing a few liberal arts programs. Tough times. Not surprised that SCSU and Crookston are facing similar budget issues.

Comment

• Tweet seems to have been deleted?

Would this change be immediate?
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

This news could very well become real in the next 24-48 hours..

Comment

• Seemed cruel in the moment but I also had this thought. Natural progression. Losing two football teams off the schedule is not small potatoes. Plus, Augie in a few years would make 3.
                    4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

• Excellent point. My guess is that the rules are changed to keep those two schools in the fold. But does it also opens the possibility of other schools to seek greener football pastures?

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Seemed cruel in the moment but I also had this thought. Natural progression. Losing two football teams off the schedule is not small potatoes. Plus, Augie in a few years would make 3.
                        This could create quite the domino effect.

Comment

This news could very well become real in the next 24-48 hours..
                          This would be huge. UMC I could see going D3 or even NAIA. But staying D2 and dropping football?

I know that things are a mess at SCSU. It would still be quite a drop. That nice stadium- I guess they can still use it for soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Excellent point. My guess is that the rules are changed to keep those two schools in the fold. But does it also opens the possibility of other schools to seek greener football pastures?

Comment

• There was a change made a week ago....a league meeting....you no longer need to carry football in the NSIC.

SCSU announcing today....230pm I'm hearing. This is moving quickly. Coaches already know.

Comment

There was a change made a week ago....a league meeting....you no longer need to carry football in the NSIC.

SCSU announcing today....230pm I'm hearing. This is moving quickly. Coaches already know.
                                Wow. So that's the end of the Travelling Training Kit?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X