Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes 2019-2020

As I posted in the NSU thread, I've been told Dosch and staff will remain.

Comment

I don't see any changes at SMSU. One of our problems has been staff turnover. need to have some stability

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        I don't see any changes at SMSU. One of our problems has been staff turnover. need to have some stability
        It's an issue everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

It's an issue everywhere.
          That's a great point. Part of it is GA's. But so much of it they hire guys from far away places and then they don
          t want to put down roots. Given pay scales, I guess I can understand it some

Comment

Comment

As posted in NSU Football page, being told that Tom Dosch is no longer the head football coach at Northern State. Haven't seen anything official, so will keep updated on what the word is.

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post
                As posted in NSU Football page, being told that Tom Dosch is no longer the head football coach at Northern State. Haven't seen anything official, so will keep updated on what the word is.
                Wow, I was just told this too. No word on the sudden change. Certainly feel bad for coach and wish him all the best if true.

Comment

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2019/11/2...ng-change.aspx

NSU makes it official.

Quote of note from AD Moon, "Progress has been achieved in many areas, but, unfortunately, that progress has not been realized on the field of play. As such, after much consideration and evaluation, I feel it is in Northern's best interest to change the leadership of our football program. We will immediately begin looking for a dynamic leader who can elevate this program and build on the winning tradition of NSU football."
                  4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                  2016 NSIC Champions
                  🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                    https://nsuwolves.com/news/2019/11/2...ng-change.aspx

NSU makes it official.

Quote of note from AD Moon, "Progress has been achieved in many areas, but, unfortunately, that progress has not been realized on the field of play. As such, after much consideration and evaluation, I feel it is in Northern's best interest to change the leadership of our football program. We will immediately begin looking for a dynamic leader who can elevate this program and build on the winning tradition of NSU football."
                    With a high profile new stadium coming soon..and high expectations in the athletic department (much from the success in basketball)..and the immense community support....I'm not shocked by this news. Northern finished 6-5 but was outscored by a good margin. Northern beat the lower teams and was trounced by good ones. I think that's where the progress on the field quote is directed at. Coach Dosch did a terrific job of getting local guys who are still engaged with the program..but the squad itself hasn't found the playoffs during the 7 years I've covered the conference and for the most part hasn't been close. I feel sure the great success of the hoops program made for a tough act to follow.

I like Coach Dosch and he's always been very friendly with me during my preseason coach calls..and I hope to see him find a good landing spot in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      With a high profile new stadium coming soon..and high expectations in the athletic department (much from the success in basketball)..and the immense community support....
                      Will the Wolves look at one of the Dakota FCS assistants to fill that spot? Or a NSIC assistant???

Comment

Matt Zimmer tweeted out some names....he and I had chatted....so I'd agree in large part with the list.

"Some possible candidates for Northern State: Ted Schlafke, USD OC; Brian Bergstrom, SDSU co-DC; Jordan Malone, Augie DC; Nick Benedetto, USF DC; Tremaine Jackson, Texas State DL (former USF DC); Josh Davis, Morningside OC (former SDSU WRs), Austin Flyger, Northern's DC."

I could also see a guy like Dusty Hovorka, Lindenwood OC who previously was the OC when USF had Luke Papilion. He's and up and comer who's doing good things with the LU offense also.

I think Schlafke might be a strong favorite if he's got interest. He's shown well at each stop and was a superstar QB at UMD during their title era run. USD staff might not be on solid ground long term due to less than great recent results.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                          Matt Zimmer tweeted out some names....he and I had chatted....so I'd agree in large part with the list.

"Some possible candidates for Northern State: Ted Schlafke, USD OC; Brian Bergstrom, SDSU co-DC; Jordan Malone, Augie DC; Nick Benedetto, USF DC; Tremaine Jackson, Texas State DL (former USF DC); Josh Davis, Morningside OC (former SDSU WRs), Austin Flyger, Northern's DC."

I could also see a guy like Dusty Hovorka, Lindenwood OC who previously was the OC when USF had Luke Papilion. He's and up and comer who's doing good things with the LU offense also.

I think Schlafke might be a strong favorite if he's got interest. He's shown well at each stop and was a superstar QB at UMD during their title era run. USD staff might not be on solid ground long term due to less than great recent results.
                          Tremaine Jackson would be an awesome pick, but part of me feels he's got bigger opportunities than to come back to a small SD school.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Tremaine Jackson would be an awesome pick, but part of me feels he's got bigger opportunities than to come back to a small SD school.
                            Let the record show that size of school isn't a make or break for success, if that's what he is looking for.(Augie/USF) :)

Comment

Wow, 6-5 gets you fired? I don't care if most wins were against lower teams or not. Wins are wins.

I wish SMSU would make a change and have that same lack of patience, for progress. I don't want to upset the "Sauter Fan Club" on here but maybe it just might be time to head in a new direction ourselves. We have been 9-24, in the last 3 years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X