Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is merit to this is they are truly miserable because they hate the place. But why is that? Girlfriend elsewhere? Leave campus every weekend? Some of those reason are legit. most arent

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I think there is merit to this is they are truly miserable because they hate the place. But why is that? Girlfriend elsewhere? Leave campus every weekend? Some of those reason are legit. most arent

Comment

I wasn't happy seeing Brett Holinka leaving UMary's program as DC a couple years ago. I liked his presence, schemes and communication with his players. I feel Mary took a step back on D this year and it was because Holinka left. I get it though, the UND was a great opportunity. I think he would be a great fit at Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Schlafke was the only one I had time to do any digging on, I'll try to get to others later, haha

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a candidate from out in Wisconsin/Michigan. I believe Moon has many connections still that way.
          Anyone heard any updates for who the actual applicants could be? Would think a HC should be hired in the next couple weeks before Christmas break on campus to get to meet current players, begin recruiting, etc.

Comment

Hey guys I'm new to the site but have followed these boards for a few years and never contributed. I'm glad to be here.

Any idea on who would be a good fit for Wayne?

Would love to see Mike Aldrich or John McMenamin. Both spent time at Wayne. John was the OC for a few years and is now at Central Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by WSC.Alum View Post
              Hey guys I'm new to the site but have followed these boards for a few years and never contributed. I'm glad to be here.

Would love to see Mike Aldrich or John McMenamin. Both spent time at Wayne. John was the OC for a few years and is now at Central Missouri.
              Why would Aldrich leave Minot? Or McMenamin leave CM? I think both are in more positive situations than Wayne. jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Why would Aldrich leave Minot? Or McMenamin leave CM? I think both are in more positive situations than Wayne. jmo.
                One would think McMenamin would like to be a HC. Also Wayne is getting a new indoor facility that would help with recruiting.

I'm just curious if anyone else had any ideas on who would maybe get hired at Wayne.

Comment

McMenamin is the name I've heard more than once. Aldrich seems to like what he's doing in the building the dam up in Minot. I would think a NSIC or MIAA coordinator would make sense for Wayne. I could see someone like James Schrenk (AU OC) or someone like that, who's had success as a coordinator in the league....getting that job. Not the easiest place to win, given the location, not a culture of winning at during the current window, and not a new stadium, etc etc. These are some of the same challenges at BHSU and SD Mines also.

I'd think this week will show something new with these jobs....maybe some finalists....but at the same time, there's a change an applicant could also still be coaching in the playoffs with their current team..which is a good look = success.

Comment

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

Anyone heard any updates for who the actual applicants could be? Would think a HC should be hired in the next couple weeks before Christmas break on campus to get to meet current players, begin recruiting, etc.
                    Don't see it as likely, but thought of Sean Calhoun. He played for Valdosta State, was a GA at Northern and his wife was a standout at NSU and grew up in Aberdeen.

I see Chris Petersen stepped down at Washington?? Hmmm

Comment

I don't think they have any concern for hiring someone with NSU football connections. I get the impression Moon wants to take the program to heights unseen..instead of being connected to their past. NSU has plenty to sell to a head coach..the location being the biggest challenge.

Comment

I see Chris Petersen stepped down at Washington?? Hmmm
                        Probably not headin' to Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Probably not headin' to Northern.
                          Man, thanks for clearing that up for me. I really had my Hope's up but they just came crashing down.... (smh)

Comment

Man, thanks for clearing that up for me. I really had my Hope's up but they just came crashing down.... (smh)
                            Not a problem. As one of the oldest on here, and very possibly the oldest, I'm always lookin' out for the young-buck regulars. Compassion is my middle name.

Comment

Just speculating but Logan Masters at Chadron State could be a candidate. Especially since Wayne's passing game seems to be the biggest area in need of improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Just speculating but Logan Masters at Chadron State could be a candidate. Especially since Wayne's passing game seems to be the biggest area in need of improvement.
                                Played AND coached at Wayne. I'd think he'd be a solid candidate.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X