Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel sure (not sure) that if you move up, you have to sit a year out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      I feel sure (not sure) that if you move up, you have to sit a year out.
      From D2 to D1, typically yes.
      Unsure of D3 to D2. But I found this:
      Players might also get immediate eligibility if all these things are true:

Comment

• Comment

• Ok, I had to stop back haha.

I saw the QB also send out a tweet saying something like, all I need is an opportunity. If they are blowout up his phone that seems odd, but maybe just me. I noticed a lot of recruits are "shared" in interest between UW-L and NSU, so hope that helps maintain what work has been done. Also noticed a lot of kids he was recruiting (or atleast following) "liked" his hiring so who knows. Time will tell.

Comment

• From last spring:

This offseason program gives head coach Mike Schmidt a chance to get use to his new role as offensive coordinator. Schmidt took on the play calling duties after former OC Isaac Fruechte left the program last week to join the coaching staff at Northern Iowa. The move to name himself offensive coordinator is an effort to bring some stability to the team, which has gone through 4 different OC's in a 14 month period.

"Think about having 4 bosses in 14 months. And you have to consistently reprove yourself and you have such a small window of production for the players. I wanted to show them we have a plan in place. That we are going to put somebody here that will be with them and certainly for our recruits moving forward that it's not going to continue to be that way. Now you have a guy that is going to stay here for a while. All of this is for our players, it's to give them the best experience and put them in a good position to win football games." Schmidt said.

https://www.news8000.com/sports/head...eam/1066296107

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              From last spring:

This offseason program gives head coach Mike Schmidt a chance to get use to his new role as offensive coordinator. Schmidt took on the play calling duties after former OC Isaac Fruechte left the program last week to join the coaching staff at Northern Iowa. The move to name himself offensive coordinator is an effort to bring some stability to the team, which has gone through 4 different OC's in a 14 month period.

"Think about having 4 bosses in 14 months. And you have to consistently reprove yourself and you have such a small window of production for the players. I wanted to show them we have a plan in place. That we are going to put somebody here that will be with them and certainly for our recruits moving forward that it's not going to continue to be that way. Now you have a guy that is going to stay here for a while. All of this is for our players, it's to give them the best experience and put them in a good position to win football games." Schmidt said.

https://www.news8000.com/sports/head...eam/1066296107
              Attempted jabs already? Man...its been like five hours...you are better than that

Comment

• The WIAC is probably at or near the very top for D3 conferences in football. 8 teams with Whitewater and Oshkosh usually at top. Eau Claire beat St. Thomas this year and Eau Claire finished tied for last in the conference. There aren't any D2 football schools in Wisconsin so they probably get some D2 talented kids staying in state.

Interesting note: St. Cloud State gave UW Whitewater their only loss when they won the title in 2007

https://www.d3football.com/conf/WIAC/2019/standings if you want check out conference standings, school enrollment, etc.
                Last edited by WSUWarriorFan; 12-09-2019, 07:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Comment

• Hunter gained his mobility a bit towards the end of th year but between that and our line not being very good and losing Streit, none of that helped. Though everyone wants this I sure hope he can recruit some offensive and defensive line guys. Maybe we need to get back to finding our Samoan pipeline! (Those were the days)

Comment

• Seems to be a decent hire for NSU. Time will tell but I think regardless a new face was needed in Aberdeen.

Caught a clip of the press conference last night on the news. As been previously mentioned, Moon is definitely not content with .500 football. He was fired up and seemed excited about some fresh blood in the clip I saw, talking about NSU being the second winningest program in the state (???) and thus wanting more.

Also, didn't realize Isaac Fruechte was coaching now. Great guy and fun player. Kid was a thorn in my side back in HS with his Caledonia Warriors starting their powerhouse. Would be fun to see him in the NSIC.
                      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                      2016 NSIC Champions
                      πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	465330
                        Looks like Underwood and Dufner will be on the market too...
                        Last edited by NSICNews; 12-10-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                          Seems to be a decent hire for NSU. Time will tell but I think regardless a new face was needed in Aberdeen.

Caught a clip of the press conference last night on the news. As been previously mentioned, Moon is definitely not content with .500 football. He was fired up and seemed excited about some fresh blood in the clip I saw, talking about NSU being the second winningest program in the state (???) and thus wanting more.

Also, didn't realize Isaac Fruechte was coaching now. Great guy and fun player. Kid was a thorn in my side back in HS with his Caledonia Warriors starting their powerhouse. Would be fun to see him in the NSIC.
                          Unless something changed NSU football has more wins all-time than any other program in the state. But, Wolves football has been around a long time so it's value is whatever you want to make of it, haha

Comment

• Originally posted by NSICNews View Post
                            {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Untitled picture.png","data-attachmentid":465319}
                            Wow, heckuva 1st post. Really setting the bar high for yourself.

Also, went to their Twitter account and that tweet doesn't exist...
                            Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 12-10-2019, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                              Unless something changed NSU football has more wins all-time than any other program in the state. But, Wolves football has been around a long time so it's value is whatever you want to make of it, haha
                              Considering USF just got above .500 as a program a few years back that wasn't even shade haha, just surprised by that.

I may have to do some media guide digging later this year for some offseason content about program histories. I find that stuff fascinating.

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                              2016 NSIC Champions
                              πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘πŸ”‘

Comment

• Originally posted by NSICNews View Post
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	465330
                                Wut!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X