• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Bryan Trulen time.
    I see what you did there.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post

I see what you did there.....
      This is a great stadium. I was at the old one too.

Comment

Bryan Trulen time.
        You wanna win? Put Bryan in. Let him spin.

https://youtu.be/2ZVizQKODuU

Comment

• One thing coach Shea and staff did accomplish was defeat every team in the conference except Mankato. Duluth was checked off this year. We never had a competitive game against Mankato, I think there was one year it was a 3 point game or tied at halftime, but still lost big. They always had our number even when we had our better teams with Jaeschke at QB, Smith at RB, and Hefty at TE. Still a good accomplishment to beat everyone else at least once. Tough division and conference.

Comment

One thing coach Shea and staff did accomplish was defeat every team in the conference except Mankato. Duluth was checked off this year. We never had a competitive game against Mankato, I think there was one year it was a 3 point game or tied at halftime, but still lost big.
            I was at that night game. Big crowd, good weather. You might have even been ahead. Our big d-tackle got a coughed up ball and just stumbled and rumbled all the way to the goal line. After that it was downhill. I think that was late Sept- early Oct because I went to a Mav hockey game with a Canadian team the next night. Usually we played UIU at the end of the season when they were hampered by so many injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
              Droppin' football but addin' Men's Soccer, aka Revenue Toilet.
              All D2 sports are revenue toilets. Soccer will be less so than football, plus it was title ix issues (of course). At least they are adding another opprotunity for male athletes and not just using the regulation to take it away altogether like what normally happens. If they really needed to save money, they would have cut womens hockey and added a lacrosse team or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Many schools have huge budget issues. That's what happens when you keep employing people who teach classes no one takes like Women's studies, Greek philosphy. $80,000 for a tenured professor who maybe teachers 4 classes with a total of 40-50 students. Not good use of resources. This is instead of having programs in ag business, ag science, nursing, etc. things that are growing and in need
                I'm amazed at the amount of bloat in colleges. Tuition is skyhigh because of near unlimited federal loans. The schools need to have better and more realistic aspirations. In a state with a high tax rate who tries to pride itself on education, we are lagging behind Wisconsin and Iowa, and even thr Dakotas have mutiple research universities while we have just 1. I said on the reddit board but our upper education system has about the same level of funding as those HBCUs in the south. It's a miracle our schools are as good as they have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I was at that night game. Big crowd, good weather. You might have even been ahead. Our big d-tackle got a coughed up ball and just stumbled and rumbled all the way to the goal line. After that it was downhill. I think that was late Sept- early Oct because I went to a Mav hockey game with a Canadian team the next night. Usually we played UIU at the end of the season when they were hampered by so many injuries.
                  You are correct we were up by 3 at half time. Looks like 4 interceptions by Morales in the 2H was the killer, on first position of 2H he threw an INT deep in our end that was returned to the UIU 11 and shortly thereafter the go ahead TD. We had a lead though - small victories :). https://uiupeacocks.com/sports/footb.../boxscore/3899

Comment

You are correct we were up by 3 at half time. Looks like 4 interceptions by Morales in the 2H was the killer, on first position of 2H he threw an INT deep in our end that was returned to the UIU 11 and shortly thereafter the go ahead TD. We had a lead though - small victories :). https://uiupeacocks.com/sports/footb.../boxscore/3899
                    Ah yes, Josh Gordon, our d-lineman with the pick six. I think it got batted up into the air. I didn't know it was that long. Nice night for football.

Comment

Bryan Trulen time.
                      Isn't he an OC in the NFL? Figure cuz we haven't heard from him in such a long time he'd left his parent's basement for greener pastures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Brian Frana time?
                        He would be the guy for the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Juke View Post

He would be the guy for the job
                          Was there before if I'm not mistaken. SW, too? I know he's fairly well-liked around the conference.

Comment

• Coach Frana would be a great fit there (or as the head coach at SMSU) but they said they were hiring from within.

Comment

• Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
                              Coach Frana would be a great fit there (or as the head coach at SMSU) but they said they were hiring from within.
                              They are filling the interim for next season from within. Not necessarily beyond.

The pretty obvious choice for interim is Ben Curran. He's assistant head coach. He's coached at UIU for 6 seasons after playing there 3 seasons, plus he grew up nearby in Cedar Falls so he's got pretty deep roots in the area. This could end up being a situation like it was for SMSU basketball a decade ago, where they tagged an interim but didn't really open up a deep search after the season because they pretty much had already found their guy (though the president wasn't a fan).

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

GREAT job for the right coach. Front Range recruitin' as well as the outlyin' towns to the north and east. Access to Denver metro and DIA. I-25 is close. Lots of pluses to the UNC job.
                                Whatcha think of the hire?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X