Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All NSIC fotball

When does the All-NSIC football team come out? anyone know the procedure as how they are picked?

Half the players in the conference will be listed #SpoilerAlert

Comment

I've been told Wednesday.

Comment

Insert generic complaint about someone from a team I don't cheer for getting in over a player on the team I cheer for.

Comment

For SMSU

Daniel Davis and Onte Bruns will be first team'
          '
          Boyer Bouman will be listed

Beyond that. Not sure

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              For SMSU

Daniel Davis and Onte Bruns will be first team'
              '
              Boyer Bouman will be listed

Beyond that. Not sure
              Random thoughts here..

I'm not sure I expect Burns to be first team. Tackles leader in the conference doesn't equal First Team....per the past. Especially when on bad defenses. (guys on bad squads are on the field for a lot more plays = opportunities for more tackles, etc) .....watch him be first team now. haha

Daniel Davis..SMSU WR..I'd hope he'd make it. He's been maybe the most impressive WR I've watched this year..given he doesn't have the big advantages that Zylstra does via size.

I think Caden Walters (USF) is QB1. Between passing and running, he's put together a pretty nice season.

In the North....who knows. Nobody stood out, for sure. John Larson was the choice by a long shot..until getting hurt. Might still be..but missed plenty.

Gunn is the offensive POY....overall, in the South, however you wanna see it. O-POY in the North....Jalen Frye I'd guess..? (BSU RB) or maybe Dakota Larson, NSU WR.

South D-POY..Chris Garrett. Period. Logan Swanson (DL) and Eli Weber (S) from Augie were both studs..and the next wave.

North D-Poy,,,,Mike Junker, BSU DB....8 picks, 2 TDS.

My guy Jake Balliu (WSU WR/KR) needs to be on the first team as something. Dude is a terrific swiss army knife.

Coach of the Year....my first thought is Shannon Courrier at CSP. However, they finished 6-5..which isn't as good as their year felt. Otherwise, Coach OJ at Augie....they found a way to win 4 or 5 close games on their way to a 9-2 campaign. MSU was supposed to go 11-0 with everyone they returned from a year ago....so I don;t think that fits the spirit behind this award.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                I'm not sure I expect Burns to be first team. Tackles leader in the conference doesn't equal First Team....per the past. Especially when on bad defenses. (guys on bad squads are on the field for a lot more plays = opportunities for more tackles, etc) .
                In that light, I'm hoping to see a lot of the Augie defense across the 3 levels. Not a lot of great stats but a lot of solid defensive play.

Comment

Random thoughts here..

I'm not sure I expect Burns to be first team. Tackles leader in the conference doesn't equal First Team....per the past. Especially when on bad defenses. (guys on bad squads are on the field for a lot more plays = opportunities for more tackles, etc) .....watch him be first team now. haha

Daniel Davis..SMSU WR..I'd hope he'd make it. He's been maybe the most impressive WR I've watched this year..given he doesn't have the big advantages that Zylstra does via size.

I think Caden Walters (USF) is QB1. Between passing and running, he's put together a pretty nice season.

In the North....who knows. Nobody stood out, for sure. John Larson was the choice by a long shot..until getting hurt. Might still be..but missed plenty.

Gunn is the offensive POY....overall, in the South, however you wanna see it. O-POY in the North....Jalen Frye I'd guess..? (BSU RB) or maybe Dakota Larson, NSU WR.

South D-POY..Chris Garrett. Period. Logan Swanson (DL) and Eli Weber (S) from Augie were both studs..and the next wave.

My guy Jake Balliu (WSU WR/KR) needs to be on the first team as something. Dude is a terrific swiss army knife.

Coach of the Year....my first thought is Shannon Courrier at CSP. However, they finished 6-5..which isn't as good as their year felt. Otherwise, Coach OJ at Augie....they found a way to win 4 or 5 close games on their way to a 9-2 campaign. MSU was supposed to go 11-0 with everyone they returned from a year ago....so I don;t think that fits the spirit behind this award.

The NSIC only has divisional POY in the preseason. Post season only OPOY and DPOY, newcomer of the year O and D same with coaches.
                  Last edited by Umdfan35; 11-20-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

In that light, I'm hoping to see a lot of the Augie defense across the 3 levels. Not a lot of great stats but a lot of solid defensive play.
                    Viking defense is a solid well rounded unit with few that stood out, maybe T.J. Liggett, Eli Weber or Logan Swanson.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Viking defense is a solid well rounded unit with few that stood out, maybe T.J. Liggett, Eli Weber or Logan Swanson.
                      Yeah, I'd throw Michael Kloza (Safety) and Kenny Griffin (Corner) in there too. D Linemen Grayson Deipenbrock and Al Blonquist are beasts as well.
                      Last edited by BIGvikingFan; 11-19-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Your modesty is palpable.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Your modesty is palpable.
                            Neither led the league in yards.

Comment

Random thoughts here..

You're right on the tackles thing Matt. Of course sometimes, the coaches dismiss a kid because he plays for a bad defense even when he is great. Like last year when SMSU's Shane Rotkovich set a conference record for TFL and wasn't all conference. Jeez.

TFL is NOT stat you rack up by being on a bad defense. That is making plays , period.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X