Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

You wouldn't be talking about three Mav jokers who drove to Sioux Falls to watch a Thursday night game between USF and Augie now would you? Or the guy who drove to the Mav game at Concordia and then avoided traffic cops on his way to Marshall for the USF-Southwest game? Or who drove to USF for their playoff game with Harding?

No, no one actually goes to games here...........
    NSIC fans travel. It's pretty bonkers at times when we play a team half-a-day away and they fill our visiting seats, and then some.

Comment

Should we let him in on how blizzards work, or keep the secret within the brotherhood...?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Should we let him in on how blizzards work, or keep the secret within the brotherhood...?
        Don't tell anyone about white outs or icy roads. It keeps the towing services in business. Or the occasional farmer that you can wake up in the middle of the night- they might be cheaper. Help out the local economy.

Comment

Don't tell anyone about white outs or icy roads. It keeps the towing services in business. Or the occasional farmer that you can wake up in the middle of the night- they might be cheaper. Help out the local economy.
          The weirdest thing is when I can go for a drive under a clear sky, yet not see anything in front of me...

It's almost as if blizzard conditions aren't triggered by the sheer amount of snow, rather the... the... THE WOOSH!!!

Comment

Comment

I don't know if you are old enough to remember when Warren Street connected with Highland? It was by what used to be Searing Dorms- now Cherry Ridge Apartments.They would close it sometime in November and open it in late March or April. It was so steep and took a 90 degree angle that it was tough to even run up. Now they closed it and call it Old Warren Street Trail. They would close Stadium Road hill in bad weather- terrible place to have a standard transmission as you got to a red light- tended to slide back downhill.

Comment

Are you actually going to show up for the game? I'm not talking about the Lions- I know that they will. I'm talking about you.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Weather + Axe Battle + College Gameday.

I would have been there, but the weather kept me home. Not going to drive 80 miles in those conditions - even though we didn't get it as bad here.

For context, only a couple hundred people went to the UMD hockey game Saturday night. It was... that bad. For Duluthians to miss a game like that, the weather had to have been nasty.
                  You can see the unusually sparse crowd in the picture here.
                  https://msumavericks.com/news/2019/1...-saturday.aspx

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      Growing up in East Texas We never got much snow but we were always blessed with those ice storms usually once or twice a year usually 2-4 inches.
                      No, ice storms are the worst. At least in a blizzard you can hunker down. Years ago there was an ice storm right after Thanksgiving. We were lucky here because the power loss was just overnight- but in southwest MN thousands and thousands of power poles and lines were down. My student teacher said his home was without power for three weeks. At least it wasn't sub zero or pipes would have frozen up and burst. And the danger from using those portable gas heaters.......

My cousins who live in St Louis talk about the ice storms too. Looks like bumper cars when they move on the streets. At least Duluth finally removed their no travel restrictions this morning. The hills there are terrible- I wouldn't even want to walk on them when it is icy. No wonder auto insurance rates there are higher than here.

Comment

Are you actually going to show up for the game? I'm not talking about the Lions- I know that they will. I'm talking about you.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Really looking forward to this one. It will be interesting to see how the weather holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by ETLion View Post

Comment

Looks good. Will do that. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

You can see the unusually sparse crowd in the picture here.
                                https://msumavericks.com/news/2019/1...-saturday.aspx
                                Yeah, Shane Frederick posted a photo of it on Twitter. He said both the team and himself weren't able to leave the city like they normally would because of the nasty weather.

For the defending title holder to play the #1 team on Thanksgiving weekend - it had to be a nasty day out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X