Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post

No, ice storms are the worst. At least in a blizzard you can hunker down. Years ago there was an ice storm right after Thanksgiving. We were lucky here because the power loss was just overnight- but in southwest MN thousands and thousands of power poles and lines were down. My student teacher said his home was without power for three weeks. At least it wasn't sub zero or pipes would have frozen up and burst. And the danger from using those portable gas heaters.......

My cousins who live in St Louis talk about the ice storms too. Looks like bumper cars when they move on the streets. At least Duluth finally removed their no travel restrictions this morning. The hills there are terrible- I wouldn't even want to walk on them when it is icy. No wonder auto insurance rates there are higher than here.
    About what time was that? Probably before I existed. I'm curious though - I want to ask about it.

Last year we had a small ice storm - it took me close to an hour to drive 6 miles because I couldn't see anything. Had to stop and scrape, go the opposite direction and get the car warmed up in the gas station parking lot, and then I drove extra slow. It was not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ETLion View Post
      Looks good. Will do that. Thanks for the recommendation.
      Mankato has a lot of food options. I prefer Wendy's, but they also have a McDonald's.

(I kid, we got lots of recommendations if you need them)

Comment

Mobile QBs that are throw first QBs have given Mavericks defenses troubles in the past. Hopefully they have a good plan coming into this game on how to contain that threat. Mavericks will definitely try to control the ball and T.O.P to counter that Commerce offense. Battle in the trenches is what always wins these games and will be fun to watch how this one develops! Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

For context, only a couple hundred people went to the UMD hockey game Saturday night. It was... that bad. For Duluthians to miss a game like that, the weather had to have been nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

About what time was that? Probably before I existed. I'm curious though - I want to ask about it.

Last year we had a small ice storm - it took me close to an hour to drive 6 miles because I couldn't see anything. Had to stop and scrape, go the opposite direction and get the car warmed up in the gas station parking lot, and then I drove extra slow. It was not fun.
            Had to be at least 20 years ago. He lived near Cottonwood. I think that the Windom area might have been bad too. I have McLeod Co-op Power- a good company. After they fixed things locally they went down to help out- they didn't get back home for two or three weeks. I want to say it was around Thanksgiving but I might be wrong.

Comment

One year that UMD won the natty they had a home semifinal game. I was in my basement watching the game will all kinds of blankets on- nothing wrong with the house, I just felt cold watching that game!

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
                Mobile QBs that are throw first QBs have given Mavericks defenses troubles in the past. Hopefully they have a good plan coming into this game on how to contain that threat. Mavericks will definitely try to control the ball and T.O.P to counter that Commerce offense. Battle in the trenches is what always wins these games and will be fun to watch how this one develops! Go Mavs!
                Agree on all. Will need the entire defense to step up and the O-Line to continue to lead the way. Another big element will be the QB play for the Mavs. It will need to continue to improve as the playoffs move along, need an extremely solid game from the QB position Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Agree on all. Will need the entire defense to step up and the O-Line to continue to lead the way. Another big element will be the QB play for the Mavs. It will need to continue to improve as the playoffs move along, need an extremely solid game from the QB position Saturday.
                  So far, I would say overall QB has been better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

So far, I would say overall QB has been better than last year.

Comment

I could see that going forward but still want JD incorporated in the offense. JD was definitely the better QB at the beginning but the script has flipped now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

I could see that going forward but still want JD incorporated in the offense. JD was definitely the better QB at the beginning but the script has flipped now.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
                            Yeah, good luck trying to contain Lion QB Smalls. I'm not really sure if he is a throw first QB. From the seven games I've watched him this year he starts off trying to throw and if that doesn't work he starts running more to be able to pass. He is a hard read and even in the loss earlier this year to Tarleton he got his numbers running and passing. LOS is definitely a huge factor in this game.

Lion Defense is peaking right now so if the Mavs are able to run the ball on them it will be huge. They have smothered the LOS the last two weeks. I would put about as much credence in the Pueblo game as I would the Tarleton regular season game at this point. They are vastly improved.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Had to be at least 20 years ago. He lived near Cottonwood. I think that the Windom area might have been bad too. I have McLeod Co-op Power- a good company. After they fixed things locally they went down to help out- they didn't get back home for two or three weeks. I want to say it was around Thanksgiving but I might be wrong.
                              Interesting.

I've been told in the past about a similar storm from a similar perspective. In fact I think that's why we moved from the area.

Comment

It's pretty gnarly. I absolutely love the city - but I couldn't live there. Crazy to think I'd tried too at one point in my life.

During the summer though, there are very few places I'd rather be. I need to make that a yearly trip or something.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X