Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No- the only time I've been in there was in grad school when two of my roommates had graduated. I was the designated driver. One of their Marine buddies was back on leave and came along. It was an interesting night to say the least.

Comment

Fake snow picture? That was from last night- they closed Interstate 35.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

In any event, doesnt look like that will be an issue this week as the weather forecast stands today. This should be a legit heavyweight bout. Cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ETLion View Post

Yes it was. Like I said, pull up the video.
            Commerce is coming.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

St Cloud State at UMD men's & women's basketball games called off today due to bad weather.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/12...tByvYB-_bRy5aE

Comment

Comment

I grew up in Mankato and enjoy the city. But same, so many more opportunities in the 3MM person MSP metro area.

Comment

Comment

Do you guys ever actually go to any games?
                        HAHAHAHAHA....that's a good one dere..

We've got NSIC fans here who will attend other rivalry games because of their passion for small college football.

There's been 2 snowfalls within the last 4 days..along with freezing rain and sleet. It's a little different deal than Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          This should be a terrific game. Commerce is going to need to keep it a low scoring one to win I think. Defensively, they have managed to put everything together at the right time. Held Tarleton to 56 yds rushing after their season average of 260, and held Mines to 70 some yards yesterday, off their season average of over 200. The defensive line has been over matching opponents for the last month or so, culminating in 10 sacks at Mines on Saturday, all with 3 or 4 man pressure. Our d-backs are very good, though matching up with Zylstra is a nightmare for anyone. If we can control the los on defense like we have been and press Zylstra with back end help we have a chance.

On offense it has become the Miklo Smalls show for Commerce. He has emerged as our leading rusher out of neccessity, and he is strong, fast, and elusive with the ball. He is an excellent passer, can make all the throws both from the pocket and on the run, and has good deep ball accuracy with tall receivers with good speed. I expect us to come out in a pass first mentality next week, so it will be on the o - line to keep him protected.
                          Jake..good to have you back around. I recall you providing good info and feedback last time around. I'm impressed with how Coach Bailiff and staff have put things together this year after Colby left after the '18 campaign. The team is certainly playing better as the year continues.

The Mavs have pushed around everyone this year in the trenches..so looking for TAMUC to control the LOS could be an ambitious thought..but definitely something to watch..probably the key matchup in this contest.

QB Smalls (came over from Rice with the Bailiff) is a different threat than Mankato will be accustomed to. The closest thing with be USF's Caden Walters..who's probably a little bit better passer..but Smalls has another gear when getting up the field..as Mines saw. Smalls runs like a ball carrier more than a signal caller.

The Commerce squad has played at..and won in cold weather temps in the NSIC..as mentioned. Never in sloppy weather, but always chilly. UMD probably the roughest a year ago..and in each matchup they've been the more athletic squad and have gotten to the spot quickly on D. That's what MSU will have to contend with. Will make for a great matchup on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

HAHAHAHAHA....that's a good one dere..

We've got NSIC fans here who will attend other rivalry games because of their passion for small college football.

There's been 2 snowfalls within the last 4 days..along with freezing rain and sleet. It's a little different deal than Texas.
                            You wouldn't be talking about three Mav jokers who drove to Sioux Falls to watch a Thursday night game between USF and Augie now would you? Or the guy who drove to the Mav game at Concordia and then avoided traffic cops on his way to Marshall for the USF-Southwest game? Or who drove to USF for their playoff game with Harding?

No, no one actually goes to games here...........

Comment

I don't know if you are old enough to remember when Warren Street connected with Highland? It was by what used to be Searing Dorms- now Cherry Ridge Apartments.They would close it sometime in November and open it in late March or April. It was so steep and took a 90 degree angle that it was tough to even run up. Now they closed it and call it Old Warren Street Trail. They would close Stadium Road hill in bad weather- terrible place to have a standard transmission as you got to a red light- tended to slide back downhill.

Comment

Do you guys ever actually go to any games?
                                Weather + Axe Battle + College Gameday.

I would have been there, but the weather kept me home. Not going to drive 80 miles in those conditions - even though we didn't get it as bad here.

For context, only a couple hundred people went to the UMD hockey game Saturday night. It was... that bad. For Duluthians to miss a game like that, the weather had to have been nasty.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X