Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Yeah, good luck trying to contain Lion QB Smalls. I'm not really sure if he is a throw first QB. From the seven games I've watched him this year he starts off trying to throw and if that doesn't work he starts running more to be able to pass. He is a hard read and even in the loss earlier this year to Tarleton he got his numbers running and passing. LOS is definitely a huge factor in this game.

Lion Defense is peaking right now so if the Mavs are able to run the ball on them it will be huge. They have smothered the LOS the last two weeks. I would put about as much credence in the Pueblo game as I would the Tarleton regular season game at this point. They are vastly improved.
    I think this is a fair assessment....Commerce has come along defensively to where they are playing fast....and their QB is real comfy making a lot of plays with his feet. His biggest games on the ground on when they seemed to fully turn him loose in do-or-die time..the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I think this is a fair assessment....Commerce has come along defensively to where they are playing fast....and their QB is real comfy making a lot of plays with his feet. His biggest games on the ground on when they seemed to fully turn him loose in do-or-die time..the playoffs.

Comment

I watched both games on the 'net - Mines/TAMUC and CSU-P/Mankato. While the TAMUC QB lit Mines up for over 300 total yards in the air 'n on the ground, Mines' QB lit up their D for over 200 yards passin'...on a cold and windy day. Mines' turnovers, imo, were the difference. I don't see Mankato makin' those mistakes. Mankato is consistent on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Not necessarily dominatin', just knowledgeable and dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
          I watched both games on the 'net - Mines/TAMUC and CSU-P/Mankato. While the TAMUC QB lit Mines up for over 300 total yards in the air 'n on the ground, Mines' QB lit up their D for over 200 yards passin'...on a cold and windy day. Mines' turnovers, imo, were the difference. I don't see Mankato makin' those mistakes. Mankato is consistent on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Not necessarily dominatin', just knowledgeable and dependable.

Comment

Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Okay.
              Lol don't worry you can't say anything to LSC and TAMCU fans without them getting hostile and saying the LSC is the best no one can compete with them.. I guess we'll just have to leave it to the players on the field to figure out who the better team is.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post

Lol don't worry you can't say anything to LSC and TAMCU fans without them getting hostile and saying the LSC is the best no one can compete with them.. I guess we'll just have to leave it to the players on the field to figure out who the better team is.
                How'd it work out for you in Minnesota the last 2 years leaving it up to the players on the field when TAMUC showed up?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

How'd it work out for you in Minnesota the last 2 years leaving it up to the players on the field when TAMUC showed up?
                  Pretty sure last year when we played an LSC team we won, and two years ago when TAMUC came we lost. Two years later, two very different teams. Best of luck to both teams and may the best team win. But the fact you guys cannot take any type of criticism or someone giving their analysis on a game is absolutely ridiculous, but all hail to the mighty LSC and TAMUC no one belongs in the same conversation as them apparently.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlOvQiPcyFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hE4tNq-6w

TAMUC postgame pressers
                    Last edited by Matt Witwicki; 12-03-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Highlights of Commerce for those that haven't seen them play yet..
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5B-3OqGwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMAvrB7dFiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avNiwaRSrVU

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

When you say 200 yards passing with Mines it is not conventional. Mines uses the old 49er approach with 3 yard passes in open spaces and rely on yards after catch. Anytime Mines tried to pass from pocket he was harassed and sacked a number of times. QB was lifted from the game with plenty of time left because he was ineffective.
                        Completely false. He was injured..and was knocked around and between last week and this week he got tackled..a lot.

Lions D didn't dominate the game at all. They were very fortunate to get two fumbles inside the 5 yard line as Mines was heading in for a TD. On the first one the WR didn't secure the ball as he tried to score. If they don't fumble early in and then again, Commerce is behind and it's a different game. Let's be truthful here.

Mines got 19 first downs and 348 yards of offense....that's not being dominated. Commerce moved the chains 16 times..and had a massive fake FG that somehow Mines fell for. Kudos to the Lions for calling the play..shame on Mines for not calling a timeout the moment they shifted from FG into shotgun.

Once the Lions got up two scores....they really turned it on and got after the QB as Mines for a 2nd straight week didn't get the massive production from their RB..like they'd seen all season. Commerce can get after the QB....absolutely.

Not sure I'm ready to call Smalls....Tim Tebow (maybe the best college footballer ever). Tebow was much more of a tough yards runner....Smalls is more the elusive type who does run very well, agreed.

Comment

Pretty sure last year when we played an LSC team we won, and two years ago when TAMUC came we lost. Two years later, two very different teams. Best of luck to both teams and may the best team win. But the fact you guys cannot take any type of criticism or someone giving their analysis on a game is absolutely ridiculous, but all hail to the mighty LSC and TAMUC no one belongs in the same conversation as them apparently.
                          MSU also destroyed MW State (TX) that year as well....2017. To the credit of Commerce, they are the 1 TX team that's won at Mankako.

Comment

haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

MSU also destroyed MW State (TX) that year as well....2017. To the credit of Commerce, they are the 1 TX team that's won at Mankako.
                              Ahh Matt thank you for jogging my memory! I forgot about the MW State game that year. So I guess the only question left for the LSC faithful and TAMUC faithful to answer is do the Lions win by 80 or 90?

Comment

I think this should be a good game. Both seem to be pretty complete teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X