Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Completely false. He was injured..and was knocked around and between last week and this week he got tackled..a lot.

Lions D didn't dominate the game at all. They were very fortunate to get two fumbles inside the 5 yard line as Mines was heading in for a TD. On the first one the WR didn't secure the ball as he tried to score. If they don't fumble early in and then again, Commerce is behind and it's a different game. Let's be truthful here.

Mines got 19 first downs and 348 yards of offense....that's not being dominated. Commerce moved the chains 16 times..and had a massive fake FG that somehow Mines fell for. Kudos to the Lions for calling the play..shame on Mines for not calling a timeout the moment they shifted from FG into shotgun.

Once the Lions got up two scores....they really turned it on and got after the QB as Mines for a 2nd straight week didn't get the massive production from their RB..like they'd seen all season. Commerce can get after the QB....absolutely.

Not sure I'm ready to call Smalls....Tim Tebow (maybe the best college footballer ever). Tebow was much more of a tough yards runner....Smalls is more the elusive type who does run very well, agreed.
    This has become the calling card for Commerce over the past month. Since allowing 200 yds on the ground at WT in early November here are rushing stats against Commerce:

UTPB - 86 yds (season avg 183 ypg)
    Angelo - 85 yds (season avg 146 ypg)
    Tarleton - 56 yds (season avg 248 ypg)
    Mines - 76 yds (season avg 251 ypg)

Granted the UTPB game was a walkover, but the Angelo, Tarleton, and Mines games were close and no reason for abandoning the run. They have really been handling some powerhouse running teams, especially the last 2 playoff games. Its not a coincidence or an accident. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up and hold down Mankato too.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post

Lol don't worry you can't say anything to LSC and TAMCU fans without them getting hostile and saying the LSC is the best no one can compete with them.. I guess we'll just have to leave it to the players on the field to figure out who the better team is.
      Consider the source:(

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

This has become the calling card for Commerce over the past month. Since allowing 200 yds on the ground at WT in early November here are rushing stats against Commerce:

UTPB - 86 yds (season avg 183 ypg)
        Angelo - 85 yds (season avg 146 ypg)
        Tarleton - 56 yds (season avg 248 ypg)
        Mines - 76 yds (season avg 251 ypg)

Granted the UTPB game was a walkover, but the Angelo, Tarleton, and Mines games were close and no reason for abandoning the run. They have really been handling some powerhouse running teams, especially the last 2 playoff games. Its not a coincidence or an accident. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up and hold down Mankato too.
        Mankato OL looks really good all the way across from the little I've seen. Should be a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

Consider the source:(
          Don't lump em all together. Jake is a great poster.

Comment

Just wondering. Has Mankato ever played a road playoff?(Ferris 2018?). If so, what is their road playoff record? For that matter, what is the NSIC road playoff record?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Don't lump em all together. Jake is a great poster.
              It's all good. All in fun. If I could make it up there this week I'd invite them all out for a beer on friday, but I just bought a new house and am tied up in getting it ready and moving for the rest of the month. If the Mavs make it to McKinney I'll make that offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Completely false. He was injured..and was knocked around and between last week and this week he got tackled..a lot.

Lions D didn't dominate the game at all. They were very fortunate to get two fumbles inside the 5 yard line as Mines was heading in for a TD. On the first one the WR didn't secure the ball as he tried to score. If they don't fumble early in and then again, Commerce is behind and it's a different game. Let's be truthful here.

Mines got 19 first downs and 348 yards of offense....that's not being dominated. Commerce moved the chains 16 times..and had a massive fake FG that somehow Mines fell for. Kudos to the Lions for calling the play..shame on Mines for not calling a timeout the moment they shifted from FG into shotgun.

Once the Lions got up two scores....they really turned it on and got after the QB as Mines for a 2nd straight week didn't get the massive production from their RB..like they'd seen all season. Commerce can get after the QB....absolutely.

Not sure I'm ready to call Smalls....Tim Tebow (maybe the best college footballer ever). Tebow was much more of a tough yards runner....Smalls is more the elusive type who does run very well, agreed.
                If ifs and buts..... The Lions dominated the second half period. The game wasn't close. Can you move the ball on the Lions D? Absolutely. Bend don't break Defense kept Mines to their lowest score of the year.

No, he is not as large as Tebow. Just can't think of many QBs who run like him. Tebow was the best physical running QB college football has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Mankato OL looks really good all the way across from the little I've seen. Should be a battle.
                  Yes, if they dominate the LOS this could be a long day

Comment

Originally posted by ETLion View Post
                    Just wondering. Has Mankato ever played a road playoff?(Ferris 2018?). If so, what is their road playoff record? For that matter, what is the NSIC road playoff record?

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

If ifs and buts..... The Lions dominated the second half period. The game wasn't close. Can you move the ball on the Lions D? Absolutely. Bend don't break Defense kept Mines to their lowest score of the year.

No, he is not as large as Tebow. Just can't think of many QBs who run like him. Tebow was the best physical running QB college football has seen.
                      Neal Philpot Disagrees.

Comment

• Not really, but he was the most physical running QB I ever saw at 265#.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post

Lol don't worry you can't say anything to LSC and TAMCU fans without them getting hostile and saying the LSC is the best no one can compete with them.. I guess we'll just have to leave it to the players on the field to figure out who the better team is.
                          And I would cuz...? :-D

Comment

• Looking forward to an entertaining game on Saturday. Weather should be just fine to accommodate our friends from the south. Hoping the Mavs find enough offense to complete the Texas Triangle and come out on top.

Really looking at the QBs to step up and take control, and make this game theirs. They took a lot of heat last year, and it was justified, so it would be great to see them win games for the Mavs. The Mavs should be able to run enough at least to keep Commerce from selling out on the pass rush. OL has been outstanding all year, need to continue at that level or better.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post

Wow, you and your friends don't need to get your flannel underwear all wadded up. Its just an opinion forum. Whether you want to crow about your team or not. If your skin is that soft maybe y'all need to stay inside your bubble. Exasperation face

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Wow, you and your friends don't need to get your flannel underwear all wadded up. Its just an opinion forum. Whether you want to crow about your team or not. If your skin is that soft maybe y'all need to stay inside your bubble. Exasperation face
                                You started it by explainin' to me why I was all wrong. Don't get your bibbed overalls all wadded up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X