Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

You started it by explainin' to me why I was all wrong. Don't get your bibbed overalls all wadded up.
    See, that's funny and I am not offended. If you can't enjoying tormenting your adversaries then why even watch football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

See, that's funny and I am not offended. If you can't enjoying tormenting your adversaries then why even watch football.
      I can enjoy it and I have no problem with it. But don't say it is an opinions thread when you dismiss everyone's opinion on Mankato

Comment

• Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post

I can enjoy it and I have no problem with it. But don't say it is an opinions thread when you dismiss everyone's opinion on Mankato
        Obviously, you did not see my comment about the LOS. I truly believe if the Lions are able to run the football effectively they win this one. On the other hand if the big uglies up front for MN St are able to control the LOS it will be very difficult for the Lions to sneak out of there with a win. I will say this, I expect this to be a very good game based on past recent results barring turnovers from either side.

Comment

• There are a lot of really good defenses left in the playoffs. It's big boy football from here on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ETLion View Post
            Just wondering. Has Mankato ever played a road playoff?(Ferris 2018?). If so, what is their road playoff record? For that matter, what is the NSIC road playoff record?
            Ferris was a home game.

2008 they lost at Ashland.

UMD has a pretty good road record but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. You can ask them.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Ferris was a home game.

UMD has a pretty good road record but I don't know what it is off the top of my head. You can ask them.
              2014 neutral site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Completely false. He was injured..and was knocked around and between last week and this week he got tackled..a lot.

Lions D didn't dominate the game at all. They were very fortunate to get two fumbles inside the 5 yard line as Mines was heading in for a TD. On the first one the WR didn't secure the ball as he tried to score. If they don't fumble early in and then again, Commerce is behind and it's a different game. Let's be truthful here.

Mines got 19 first downs and 348 yards of offense....that's not being dominated. Commerce moved the chains 16 times..and had a massive fake FG that somehow Mines fell for. Kudos to the Lions for calling the play..shame on Mines for not calling a timeout the moment they shifted from FG into shotgun.

Once the Lions got up two scores....they really turned it on and got after the QB as Mines for a 2nd straight week didn't get the massive production from their RB..like they'd seen all season. Commerce can get after the QB....absolutely.

Not sure I'm ready to call Smalls....Tim Tebow (maybe the best college footballer ever). Tebow was much more of a tough yards runner....Smalls is more the elusive type who does run very well, agreed.
                They scored 3, total. Whatever you want to call it so be it, but I call that a dominant defensive performance l.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Ferris was a home game.

Since the expansion to 24 in 2004, Minnesota State has only played one road playoff game. UMD is 4-5 on the road.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ETLion View Post
                      I think that if this turns into a game on the perimeter Commerce will have the edge in most matchups.

Comment

• The biggest thing that I've thought has always hurt the Mavericks in the last couple years offensively is the rotation of QBs... I fee like going back to the Maverick teams that had Wolf and then when they stuck with Lloyd on the run to the NC it builds more consistency in the offense. I've never been a fan of the two QB system, wish they would go away from it and stick to one QB.

Comment

• 100% agree with both of these statements. The edge plays could make or break the Mavericks defense but I will say, I'm not sure I have ever seen a Maverick defense that flies around as fast as this one does. I'm excited to watch this game, and if TAMUC really has 2 NFL ready CBs, I'm excited to see Zylstra line up against them and see if he is an NFL ready WR..

Is it Saturday yet?!

Comment

The biggest thing that I've thought has always hurt the Mavericks in the last couple years offensively is the rotation of QBs... I fee like going back to the Maverick teams that had Wolf and then when they stuck with Lloyd on the run to the NC it builds more consistency in the offense. I've never been a fan of the two QB system, wish they would go away from it and stick to one QB.

Comment

• I agree, I wish they would just stick with one. Last year the QBs took a lot of criticism and we're told they need to play better, but I feel it would be so difficult to ever build momentum or consistency when you're constantly being rotated in and out of games all year. I have seen a couple games last year and this year where Schlicte has lead two or three wonderful drives look like he is settling in and then boom next possession JD is in and when Ryan comes back he looks out of sorts and has lost rhythm. Same goes for JD as well

Comment

I agree, I wish they would just stick with one. Last year the QBs took a lot of criticism and we're told they need to play better, but I feel it would be so difficult to ever build momentum or consistency when you're constantly being rotated in and out of games all year. I have seen a couple games last year and this year where Schlicte has lead two or three wonderful drives look like he is settling in and then boom next possession JD is in and when Ryan comes back he looks out of sorts and has lost rhythm. Same goes for JD as well

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X