Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great place for pizza. But since it was downtown, my stop every Wednesday night was right down the street from Gage dorms at Jake's Stadium Pizza. Now the dorms and the old Jake's building are gone. At least Jake's moved into the Green Mill a little further down the street.

Did you see the new bubble southeast of the stadium? The thing is monstrous.

Comment

• Yes I did. Very impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ETLion View Post
        Yes I did. Very impressive.
        I was at the Elite 8 game there today. It wasn't designed to have a lot of spectators there, but with the band and cheerleaders plus a good number of fans it was pretty festive. They will host a softball tourney there in Feb.- they can have two games at a time. I'm sure that football is glad that it went operational this week because Wednesday's high was supposed to be zero. Being in the field house isn't the same.

Comment

• Commerce folks talking about the other team talking trash....LOL

In the NSIC we aren't accustomed to the chirping and chesty behavior after each play..but we see that with the LSC....literally every time they play the NSIC. This creates a chippy game because the NSIC team isn't going to just back down. Saying it happens when a team that doesn't lose often gets down....well..adversity reveals true character.

....as for the game....the Mavs did an exceptional job of keeping Smalls from getting loose and limited the Lions in the return game. Those two factors were immense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            Commerce folks talking about the other team talking trash....LOL

In the NSIC we aren't accustomed to the chirping and chesty behavior after each play..but we see that with the LSC....literally every time they play the NSIC. This creates a chippy game because the NSIC team isn't going to just back down. Saying it happens when a team that doesn't lose often gets down....well..adversity reveals true character.

....as for the game....the Mavs did an exceptional job of keeping Smalls from getting loose and limited the Lions in the return game. Those two factors were immense.

Comment

• Why would I care about your stories from a terrible program like Tech? I could tell you the same about fans at Wyoming or CSU, but I'm not because it's irrelevant here.

I simply stated that I experienced no such things when I visited Mankato. I do know that Commerce players had to be rounded up after losing to Pueblo as they were about to get in a physical altercation with Pueblo students. It was no surprise to see how Commerce responded to getting their butts kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Why would I care about your stories from a terrible program like Tech? I could tell you the same about fans at Wyoming or CSU, but I'm not because it's irrelevant here.

I simply stated that I experienced no such things when I visited Mankato. I do know that Commerce players had to be rounded up after losing to Pueblo as they were about to get in a physical altercation with Pueblo students. It was no surprise to see how Commerce responded to getting their butts kicked.
                Let me guess... That happened simply because the Pueblo fans were wishing them a safe trip home and congratulating them on a hard fought game. Im sure nobody was telling them about what their mommas do or hurling profanities at the players or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Let me guess... That happened simply because the Pueblo fans were wishing them a safe trip home and congratulating them on a hard fought game. Im sure nobody was telling them about what their mommas do or hurling profanities at the players or anything.

Comment

• So you think buying a 10 dollar ticket to a college football game gives fans the right to act like that without being challenged? BS.

Comment

It doesn't really matter why. However, it's because they chanted hey hey hey, goodbye. I'd assume college football players could handle that, based on how Commerce responded to losing though I guess I was wrong. Don't talk trash if you're too weak minded to handle losing and getting some trash back at you.

Comment

So you think buying a 10 dollar ticket to a college football game gives fans the right to act like that without being challenged? BS.
                        LOL. Commerce ran their mouths the entire game. Even got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for celebrating what they thought was the winning TD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Why would I care about your stories from a terrible program like Tech? I could tell you the same about fans at Wyoming or CSU, but I'm not because it's irrelevant here.

Listen, I have a nice trolling motor and a bass boat. Sounds like you would a great at running it while I fish. Even has your name on the side of the motor ULTIMATE Trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            Commerce folks talking about the other team talking trash....LOL

That's because y'all stay in your bubble oblivious to the rest of D2 football until the playoffs roll around.

There are no excuses for anyone regardless who they are if they run their mouth they better be able to back it up like Deion Sanders on the field. In the stands anyone running their mouth is a pathetic joke and usually only someone who wants to draw attention to themselves and away from those who actually deserve it.

You are spot about the play of the Mavericks on the field. They played a very complete game. Wish them well the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Listen, I have a nice trolling motor and a bass boat. Sounds like you would a great at running it while I fish. Even has your name on the side of the motor ULTIMATE Trolling.
                              You should probably rename it to cheap cigars. You handle trash talk a bit better than Commerce players though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

That's because y'all stay in your bubble oblivious to the rest of D2 football until the playoffs roll around.

There are no excuses for anyone regardless who they are if they run their mouth they better be able to back it up like Deion Sanders on the field. In the stands anyone running their mouth is a pathetic joke and usually only someone who wants to draw attention to themselves and away from those who actually deserve it.

You are spot about the play of the Mavericks on the field. They played a very complete game. Wish them well the rest of the way.
                                Yeah, they don't dare venture out to play teams from Mexico or the mighty GNAC. I'm sure Mankato is much too scared for that. They probably aren't even very good, they don't even play anyone. 707.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X