Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Mankato vs Slippery Rock National Semi-Finals

Looks like the Mavs are heading to slippery rock. Looks like slippery rock has a high powered offense, stud QB, and two 1300 yard receivers. Super Region 1 always seems a little iffy to me.

Should have no issues scoring but our defense will definitely be tested for sure. What was the deciding factor that slippery rock should have homefield just out of curiosity? I will say this, I definitely feel more confident about this matchup than plane ferris st. last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      Should have no issues scoring but our defense will definitely be tested for sure. What was the deciding factor that slippery rock should have homefield just out of curiosity? I will say this, I definitely feel more confident about this matchup than plane ferris st. last year.

Comment

Watched some of their game today and NEITHER team played defense. It reminded me of some of he old West Texas vs Abilene Christian games when the LSC didn't play defense. IMO,If 'Kato can not turn the ball over it will be a game of keep away thus forcing SR to score every time they have the ball. Advantage Mustangs.

Comment

Visitor from the PSAC board here... I'm not sure how it is decided either as I figured for sure that Slippery Rock would be seeded lower. I don't think I need to go into the sordid history of teams from Super Region 1 once they get out of their region, but suffice to say I felt that history might count against Slippery Rock and therefore they would be traveling to Minnesota.

That said, after seeing that SR had the home game, I did some quick napkin math - bear in mind I have no idea what the actual criteria for reseeding at this semifinal level is, but I would *guess* it's related to the respective W-L records of each team's opponents.

Assuming I haven't royally screwed up my math somewhere - (entirely possible, mind you). The record of MSU-Mankato's regular season opponents was 51-63. The record of Slippery Rock's regular season opponents was 57-63.

If we add in the overall record of both teams' playoff opponents including their post-playoff records then the differential is 74-68 for MSU-Mankato to 79-68 for Slippery Rock.

Again, no idea what the criteria are, but in looking for logic behind the seeding - that's where I started. Good luck to both teams and I hope anyone travelling to Pennsylvania for the game has a safe journey!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
            Watched some of their game today and NEITHER team played defense. It reminded me of some of he old West Texas vs Abilene Christian games when the LSC didn't play defense. IMO,If 'Kato can not turn the ball over it will be a game of keep away thus forcing SR to score every time they have the ball. Advantage Mustangs.
            Since Slippery Rock is known as "The Rock" I assume you mean Mavericks instead of Mustangs, that's a big purple horned bovine on the side of kato's helmet. I do agree with you, MSU can control the ball with their battering ram running game. I wonder if most MIAA fans are happy NWMSU was eliminated?

Comment

You got screwed out of a home game. Not sure what the committee was smoking to think Slimey Pebble is the second best team out of the Final 4.

Their defense stinks. If your defense is any good and can slow down their high octane offense....you should be able to beat them.

Comment

Looking forward to this matchup vs. SR 1. Both teams are familiar with normal December weather in the northern states.

Comment

I think Mavericks have a 19 or so game road winning streak. None of those are playoff games but some tough games at Duluth, Winona, Augie and Sioux Falls In there.

Comment

Slippery Rock is hosting because they have a higher SOS number: .576 to .555.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Since Slippery Rock is known as "The Rock" I assume you mean Mavericks instead of Mustangs, that's a big purple horned bovine on the side of kato's helmet. I do agree with you, MSU can control the ball with their battering ram running game. I wonder if most MIAA fans are happy NWMSU was eliminated?
                      Well that makes me look really stupid. Yes I meant the Mavs. NW ran into a team that they didn't match up well with. AS for being eliminated, not that big of deal to me. They had a defense that would travel well but didn't have an offense that was championship caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        You got screwed out of a home game. Not sure what the committee was smoking to think Slimey Pebble is the second best team out of the Final 4.

Their defense stinks. If your defense is any good and can slow down their high octane offense....you should be able to beat them.
                        U came way to another conference to hate lol. U hate IUP that bad ? Root for the region man lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

U came way to another conference to hate lol. U hate IUP that bad ? Root for the region man lol
                            Slimey Pebble is our mortal enemy. So no.

Comment

I think mavs win by 3 scores.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X