Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Certainly - I still thought it was funny though, haha.
    Thank you. I usually get one solid post a year. Hard to know when I dont get reputation points from our good friend Laker anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Thank you. I usually get one solid post a year. Hard to know when I dont get reputation points from our good friend Laker anymore.
      You can still check the Like post at the bottom right. It isn't as much fun and doesn't show up as easily but I still try to hit it when I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

You can still check the Like post at the bottom right. It isn't as much fun and doesn't show up as easily but I still try to hit it when I remember.
        You are a good and decent human being Laker

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

You are a good and decent human being Laker
          Thanks! I am blushing right now. Or maybe it is sunburn. I did just get my Northern State football t-shirt off of the clothes line! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lurkingdog View Post
            I was not aware of the Sept 12 mandate. I guess I'll continue to wander South Dakota until I find divine inspiration.
            Southeast Missouri State needs to fill an opening now that their opener with Dayton was cancelled. And they are looking! Here is your chance to fill that date.

https://gosoutheast.com/news/2020/6/...-canceled.aspx

Comment

Drake will host Black Hills State on September 3rd.

Comment

D2 top stadium. Augie makes the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mrz2NoBQEw

Comment

D2 top stadium. Augie makes the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mrz2NoBQEw
                  Thanks for sharing. I imagine the new Northern stadium will make the list in 2021. NSIC needs to step it up as a conference to compete with the MIAA facilities!

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

Thanks for sharing. I imagine the new Northern stadium will make the list in 2021. NSIC needs to step it up as a conference to compete with the MIAA facilities!
                    Yes, it looks like that should be a nice one. I thought that their criteria was interesting- not just size, but fan comfort, press box/suites, scoreboard/video board, concessions and restrooms, and visiting side. That is a drawback at many stadiums, even fairly new ones. A stadium should look like a "college" stadium, not the usual Midwest high school one.

Comment

Yes, it looks like that should be a nice one. I thought that their criteria was interesting- not just size, but fan comfort, press box/suites, scoreboard/video board, concessions and restrooms, and visiting side. That is a drawback at many stadiums, even fairly new ones. A stadium should look like a "college" stadium, not the usual Midwest high school one.
                      IMO - I think it's a negative when a small college builds a stadium so large that they have no hope of filling it. It really detracts from the atmosphere. I don't have a good example off the top of my head - but I'm sure it happens. Minot State is the "best" example I can think of, albeit I think their crowd issues come from a lack of success rather than location/school size.

Upper Iowa is a good example of the opposite - small school in a small town, they kept the stadium small and it looks like a very nice place to watch a game.

Comment

IMO - I think it's a negative when a small college builds a stadium so large that they have no hope of filling it. It really detracts from the atmosphere. I don't have a good example off the top of my head - but I'm sure it happens. Minot State is the "best" example I can think of, albeit I think their crowd issues come from a lack of success rather than location/school size.

Upper Iowa is a good example of the opposite - small school in a small town, they kept the stadium small and it looks like a very nice place to watch a game.
                        Upper Iowa has a great visitor's side. Concordia has a terrible one.

One thing any new stadium should avoid- having a track around the football field.

I loved the SCSU stadium- except the visitor's side. I guess there was some restriction about building anything over there because of the view of the river. But something just didn't seem right.

Comment

Upper Iowa has a great visitor's side. Concordia has a terrible one.

One thing any new stadium should avoid- having a track around the football field.

I loved the SCSU stadium- except the visitor's side. I guess there was some restriction about building anything over there because of the view of the river. But something just didn't seem right.
                          SMSU wins the award for best visitor seating, IMO. It's ergonomic, modular, and even comes with built-in railings! We provide a conveniently located trash can, and a sidewalk! What more could you want?

I can't stand track stadiums. Except for Pittsburg - and *maybe* Northwest Missouri, track stadiums automatically drop out of the top 10 for me. Too far from the action.

Comment

SMSU wins the award for best visitor seating, IMO. It's ergonomic, modular, and even comes with built-in railings! We provide a conveniently located trash can, and a sidewalk! What more could you want?
                            Plus easy access to the field with one small mis-step. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                              Plus easy access to the field with one small mis-step. ;)
                              All the team Gatorade you can handle if you make it to the bottom - that's the rule. Plus I hear after the initial impact, the ride down is actually kinda fun!

All we are stuck with is heated bathrooms, concessions, covered seating, chairbacks... all the boring stuff.

Comment

How many days till Augie goes D1?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X