Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Either they know an told them this as part of the recruiting process or coach read it somewhere and made his statement on what he thought he read. I'm sure there were many outlets that said for sure 2021 instead what they said was the hope of 2021.
    I've wondered what being said of that situation, never have I read a prospective or current athletes talk of D1 on twitter. It is a regular subject on AU athletic site, so the prospective move is no secret. Augustana I do not believe would mislead recruits. BTW Jack Fisher is an excellent student athlete with a PWO from the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I've wondered what being said of that situation, never have I read a prospective or current athletes talk of D1 on twitter. It is a regular subject on AU athletic site, so the prospective move is no secret. Augustana I do not believe would mislead recruits. BTW Jack Fisher is an excellent student athlete with a PWO from the Gophers.
      Right. That's what I meant. I don't think they would mislead recruits although who knows what any coaches say. But this is the first time we have read of a recruit or thei family member or their coach bringing it up, atleast that I've seen. So, more fuel for the speculation fire. Ha

Comment

I'll offer Augustana D-I membership right now. New conference:

Augustana
        Drake
        St. Thomas
        Bradley
        Evansville
        Dayton
        Butler
        Valparaiso

Unfortunately, I'm not a wizard with supernatural powers. So Butler will have to keep cashing Big East paychecks, and Augie may have to remain in D-II. :wink:

Comment

Transfers Announced:

Jake Aanderud, WR, 5-10, 175, Rapid City, S.D. (St. Thomas More/South Dakota State)

Parker Buckley, LB, 6-2, 225, Rice Lake, Wis. (Rice Lake/St. Cloud State)

Peyton Buckley, DB, 6-1, 180, Rice Lake, Wis. (Rice Lake/St. Cloud State)

Matt Connors, QB, 6-4, 200, Collierville, Tenn. (Collierville/South Dakota State)

Perry Keyes, WR, 6-4, 190, Taylorsville, Miss. (Taylorsville/Mississippi Gulf Coast CC)

Comment

Matt Connors, QB, 6-4, 200, Collierville, Tenn. (Collierville/South Dakota State)

What are the thoughts by Augie folks here? I knew Connors would be transferring as Matt Zimmer had mentioned this a while back..He figured then the TN QB would give a look in SF possibly..and it looks like Augie is the spot. He competed for the starting role at SDSU, but with a frosh signal caller winning the battle, it's easy to understand his departure. With Kyle Saddler not having a great season in 2019, one can assume Connors will immediately compete for the starting job..maybe even be the favorite. Certainly a story to follow at the KO.

Comment

I hope they give him a real shot, we need a change either in Saddlers performance and leadership or a replacement. That said, the coaches seem to love him and have been willing to lose games rather than replace him. He's going into his last year and Conners has 3 more. My bet, unfortunately, is they see Conners being groomed this year for possibly starting his last two seasons.

In Saddlers defense, and I've said it before, the poor 2019 offense was more the coaches fault. Players were confused, delay of games and timeouts to avoid delay penalties, normally sure handed guys dropping balls when Saddler was on. Indicates a poor atmosphere. They need to fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post
                I hope they give him a real shot, we need a change either in Saddlers performance and leadership or a replacement. That said, the coaches seem to love him and have been willing to lose games rather than replace him. He's going into his last year and Conners has 3 more. My bet, unfortunately, is they see Conners being groomed this year for possibly starting his last two seasons.

In Saddlers defense, and I've said it before, the poor 2019 offense was more the coaches fault. Players were confused, delay of games and timeouts to avoid delay penalties, normally sure handed guys dropping balls when Saddler was on. Indicates a poor atmosphere. They need to fix that.
                In a recent radio interview, Coach OJ said the transfers are expected to compete for playing time right away. Take it for what it's worth.

Saddler is streaky, but I agree it isn't entirely his fault. The running game is unimaginative, and our receivers don't get much separation, so Saddler is throwing into some tight windows. As you said, something needs to change on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

Kyle Sadder has had some very good days and some very bad days. The coaching staff watches QB's in practice and must have felt Saddler is the best option. Conner's is a tall lad and posseses some running ability. Whomever starts there should exceptionally competitive camps this spring and fall. Have to believe Conner's plans on starting since he transferred to AU. Vikings have much talent returning this upcoming season and if this is our last D2 year the coaching staff wants to leave with a bang.

Comment

Some positive news to report here. Looks like CJ Ham is getting his payday!

https://www.twincities.com/2020/03/1...lback-c-j-ham/

Comment

Thanks TCMav, CJ has worked hard on his craft and been a good ambassador for the Viks in the community.

Comment

With Jordan Malone leaving for Washington State..
                        https://wsucougars.com/sports/footba...an-malone/2926
                        (as former Mankato and Augie DC Jake Dickert has landed as DC there after Wyoming)....has there been any word about who's replacing Malone as the DC?

Comment

After an email from coach OJ I was able to complete Augustana's schedule as AU, UMD, Minot and UIU have not updated yet. Hopefully league starts on time. Having trouble typing with two 6 month old cats using me as a jungle gym... got to love the rascals. NSIC was not kind to Augie's maybe last season in the league as for the 2nd year in a row we have road games with BSU, MSU and USF plus a late Nov. bout at UMD. Does anyone else have a schedule that challenging?

Sept. 5 MINOT
                          Sept. 12 at Mary
                          Sept. 19 MSUM
                          Sept. 26 at Bemidji
                          Oct. 3 at Sioux Falls
                          Oct. 10 UPPER IOWA
                          Oct. 17 at Wayne St.
                          Oct. 24 at Mankato
                          Oct. 31 WINONA
                          Nov. 7 at Duluth
                          Nov. 14. SOUTHWEST MN.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                            [COLOR=#000020]Having trouble typing with two 6 month old cats using me as a jungle gym... got to love the rascals.
                            The rest of the post doesn't matter. This tells me all that I need to know about you. You are a great human being.

Comment

Looks like Jake Lacina is headed to the Vikings.

The "other" ones.

Comment

Summit to vote on Augie in May

https://letsgodu.com/2020/05/04/augu...te-this-month/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X