Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Very nice article. Unbiased writing is hard to come by. ;)

(Denver is in for a rude awakening if Augie joins, for what it's worth)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      To post the same thing I posted in the basketball thread regarding this post/site:

Interesting.

Side note: The authors on that site are morons. Love how they say, "Augustana plays baseball too" like we didn't just win the National Championship two years ago on, like, 6 total full scholarships or whatever it is. Like we would just be awful in the Summit in any sport we participate in.

While the info they are reporting is accurate in this case (more than it usually is), they've had plenty of comments and criticisms about Augie joining the Summit that I have just found laughable.

Comment

Augie's new DC is the former DC at SCSU.

https://goaugie.com/news/2020/5/12/f...ordinator.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

To post the same thing I posted in the basketball thread regarding this post/site:
          That's a weird article.

IMO, Augie would probably adapt to baseball faster and stronger than some of it's other sports would. D1 baseball is Sioux Falls is actually kind of exciting to think about. They'd be a good rival to SDSU, and attendance would no doubt be boosted for both programs (albeit that can be trivial with college baseball in the Midwest).

Any plans to expand Karras Stadium? It's about perfect for D2, but it looks a little small for D1.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
            Augie's new DC is the former DC at SCSU.

https://goaugie.com/news/2020/5/12/f...ordinator.aspx
            I think this is a good hire and one that maybe we could've seen coming, since SCSU didn't have football anymore. The SCSU defense has been better than worse over the last handful of years, often with their D being better than their offense. He's run a 3-4 scheme with a 4th player (LB) acting essentially as a standing DE....much similar to a 4-3 or 4-2-5 look. I don't think they'll much adjustment to what Augie has done in the past..small changes. However, any new coordinators do have a COVID challenge in that the preseason and ability to see kids is limited this time around....and still up in the air.

The Vikings bring back plenty of their stronger defensive players. So they should be just fine with a new DC. I think it's a good hire..as he knows the league very well and the local footprint for recruiting, while also being proven as a DC.
            Last edited by Matt Witwicki; 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I think this is a good hire and one that maybe we could've seen coming, since SCSU didn't have football anymore. The SCSU defense has been better than worse over the last handful of years, often with their D being better than their offense. He's run a 3-4 scheme with a 4th player (LB) acting essentially as a standing DE....much similar to a 4-3 or 4-2-5 look. I don't think they'll much adjustment to what Augie has done in the past..small changes. However, any new coordinators do have a COVID challenge in that the preseason and ability to see kids is limited this time around....and still up in the air.

The Vikings bring back plenty of their stronger defensive players. So they should be just fine with a new DC. I think it's a good hire..as he knows the league very well and the local footprint for recruiting, while also being proven as a DC.
              Solid hire for Coach OJ. Mark Sipple's defense certainly played the Vikings tough in 2019 before relenting in a 16-13 Husky loss. Sipple has strong ties to Wisconsin known as the land of quality D2 and FCS recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Solid hire for Coach OJ. Mark Sipple's defense certainly played the Vikings tough in 2019 before relenting in a 16-13 Husky loss. Sipple has strong ties to Wisconsin known as the land of quality D2 and FCS recruits.
                I agree, good for the defense. Defense will be strong with leaders like Swanson, Weber, and Ligget returning.

Comment

Balls. Looks like the NSIC is stuck with us for a few more years.

https://twitter.com/DBrownMidcoSN/st...604862464?s=19

Comment

You mean like that relative who's living on your couch?

Comment

Comment

Hey guys, David Brown from Midco Sports Network here.

This morning, I conducted a full and comprehensive interview with Augustana president Stephanie Herseth Sandlin and athletic director Josh Morton.

We covered a wide variety of topics including when they got the decision, the feedback they got from The Summit League, the reaction on campus, the concerns over transparency during the process, how the situation with St. Thomas impacted things and whether they will re-apply in the future.

There's obviously a lot more covered and it is 24 minutes long, but I encourage everyone who's interested to take a look at the YouTube link below, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR2D...ature=youtu.be

Comment

The Brits would say Bollocks. Wondering if the effing virus played a roll in Vikings fund-raising. Sorry A$$ summit league holding out for the Tommies decision most likely. no worries some program will leave the league soon enough.

Comment

Wonder how many recruits went there from class of 2020 thinking they could tell their kids someday they played D1 football.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernSunExperience View Post
                              Hey guys, David Brown from Midco Sports Network here.

This morning, I conducted a full and comprehensive interview with Augustana president Stephanie Herseth Sandlin and athletic director Josh Morton.

We covered a wide variety of topics including when they got the decision, the feedback they got from The Summit League, the reaction on campus, the concerns over transparency during the process, how the situation with St. Thomas impacted things and whether they will re-apply in the future.

There's obviously a lot more covered and it is 24 minutes long, but I encourage everyone who's interested to take a look at the YouTube link below, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR2D...ature=youtu.be
                              First, Herseth Sandlin and Morton need to be commended for agreeing to such a lengthy interview on what must have been a pretty disappointing day for them.

Second, David Brown is a pro. I don't live in the Sioux Falls area, so I don't get to see much of Midco Sports. But they're lucky to have someone of his caliber leading NSIC coverage (and I say that as a lapsed journalist).

Third, I don't think we'll be seeing an application to the WAC or Big Sky anytime soon. They tiptoed around the question, but it's pretty clear it's the Summit League or bust, which, of course, makes sense.

Comment

Interesting the Summit voted down Augustana before they got the decision on the D3 call up especially in our current environment . In my honest opinion (really my gut) no way in hell does the NCAA let a D3 jump D2 to join. NCAA has certain protocols and rarely devietes from them. So, Summit loses auto baseball bid. I could be wrong but odds are in my favor on this one.

Augustana imho has too small of an enrollment for D1. The school really needs to bolster their enrollment. Houston Baptist comes to mind when I think of Augie in D1. Everything is done on a shoestring budget. They used the same argument of being in a large metro area and got an invite from the Southland. Their teams and venues are bad. Their attendance at sporting events are worse. More folks go to 3A high school football game than to HBU. It is a great example on how NOT to be D1.

WAC is looking to add FCS football but that would mean major travel expenses. Sometimes getting told no is the best answer. It makes you look at yourself and make the necessary improvements so that when the next opportunity arises you are in a much better place to make the move.

Tarleton is a great example on how to proceed once the Southland rejected them. Their enrollment is up and major improvements have made to their Football facilities.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X