Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurkingdog View Post
    Does anyone think Augustana would go D-I if they were allowed to move up as an independent?

In a time of changing/waiving NCAA classification rules, it seems like Augie might want to ask for a waiver of the rule requiring a conference invitation to move up.

I see that Wright State recently dropped three sports, and is now asking for a waiver to stay in D-I. If they get a waiver for a classification rule, so should Augustana.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...9qZw2gAEinABI/
    Too expensive to be an independent. Lots of road games- not many teams would give them a return game. Much easier if they wait for a Summit invitation- close road trips, playing mostly former rivals.

Comment

Reusse chimes in on Augie.

https://www.startribune.com/augustan...ack/571242322/

Comment

With there already being two Division I's in South Dakota, and also both within an hour or so from Sioux Falls, it would seem to be a major challenge to establish a third in the state. Especially with current economic problems existing, and no way to tell when if ever that will improve. I can understand the advantages to Augustana in a move to that level, but definitely risks are involved.

Comment

Does anyone think Augustana would go D-I if they were allowed to move up as an independent?
          No.

Which is a big reason why the Summit League schools don't want Augie from what I've gathered speaking to their fans. Augie needs the Summit more than the other way around.

But that decision will now wait a few more years, and my Augie doggie brother's eligibility status is quite grateful.
          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
          2016 NSIC Champions
          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Different subject: I have recently been praying to a Norse god for a Drake-Augustana football game around Labor Day weekend. While I realize that would require Augie to drop one of its 10 previously scheduled games, this could be the biggest thing since Augustana's glorious Mineral Water Bowl appearance in 2008.

Fingers crossed...

Comment

Different subject: I have recently been praying to a Norse god for a Drake-Augustana football game around Labor Day weekend. While I realize that would require Augie to drop one of its 10 previously scheduled games, this could be the biggest thing since Augustana's glorious Mineral Water Bowl appearance in 2008.

Fingers crossed...
              Uh...

Comment

Fingers crossed...
                I think you can uncross them now.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I think you can uncross them now.
                  Is it actually happening? I see Drake's first game is TBA on the website...

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Just stop and think about that for a moment.

Comment

But Augie's isn't. The NSIC isn't going to say, oh, we aren't starting until Sept 12th but you go ahead and start early.

Comment

I was not aware of the Sept 12 mandate. I guess I'll continue to wander South Dakota until I find divine inspiration.

Comment

I was not aware of the Sept 12 mandate. I guess I'll continue to wander South Dakota until I find divine inspiration.
                          I believe the max amount of games allowed is 10 regular season match-ups. So, for your hope to continue Augie would have to say.

Dear NSIC,

Thanks for letting us leave things in limbo. Upon being being rejected by the Summit League, we have decided to leave the NSIC and work independently finding whomever we can to play in sports in about two months. Good luck reconfiguring your schedules with 13 teams. Most only give two weeks notice so consider yourselves lucky.

Sincerely,

Augustana.

PS, we never needed you, you needed us

Their letter may be worded a little different but thats how I imagine it going. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I believe the max amount of games allowed is 10 regular season match-ups. So, for your hope to continue Augie would have to say.

Dear NSIC,

Thanks for letting us leave things in limbo. Upon being being rejected by the Summit League, we have decided to leave the NSIC and work independently finding whomever we can to play in sports in about two months. Good luck reconfiguring your schedules with 13 teams. Most only give two weeks notice so consider yourselves lucky.

Sincerely,

Augustana.

PS, we never needed you, you needed us

Their letter may be worded a little different but thats how I imagine it going. Haha
                            Better hide that before the Augie folks come 'round, haha.

I'm kidding - still very funny though, great work! XD

Comment

Better hide that before the Augie folks come 'round, haha.

I'm kidding - still very funny though, great work! XD
                              Nah. I've been a full time believer that they can make the move and would be successful in the Summit all along. I can hate Augie and still be realistic about what they can achieve. Contrary today's world and the believe that stereotypes must be strongly defined and have no variables allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Nah. I've been a full time believer that they can make the move and would be successful in the Summit all along. I can hate Augie and still be realistic about what they can achieve. Contrary today's world and the believe that stereotypes must be strongly defined and have no variables allowed.
                                Certainly - I still thought it was funny though, haha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X