Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Tracks do add distance for sure. What I noticed with your HS stadium is that there is extra space between the track and the stands.
    Yeah that is pretty unique. That's SMSU's "other" football stadium on campus. They used it until 2008 when they moved into the current one. It sat dormant for a while and then they decided to renovate it into a track-and-field facility, but they also added turf and new uprights. Really cool idea - it seems to get a decent amount of use. As Stanger pointed out the track was expanded, so this version of the field is probably a few feet further away than what it was when the SMSU football team used it.

My HS field wasn't quite that dramatic - I recall the track being pretty close to the bleachers. I only caught a few games there but it felt like the action was too far away and because of how it was built, it left a lot of dead space near the endzones that wasn't very slightly. I wish I could find a photo of it. Not bad for the size of school/town and location.

Mankato's is cool because the stands basically hug the sidelines - so the action is super close. That's maybe the only thing to like about the Blake, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah that is pretty unique. That's SMSU's "other" football stadium on campus. They used it until 2008 when they moved into the current one. It sat dormant for a while and then they decided to renovate it into a track-and-field facility, but they also added turf and new uprights. Really cool idea - it seems to get a decent amount of use. As Stanger pointed out the track was expanded, so this version of the field is probably a few feet further away than what it was when the SMSU football team used it.

My HS field wasn't quite that dramatic - I recall the track being pretty close to the bleachers. I only caught a few games there but it felt like the action was too far away and because of how it was built, it left a lot of dead space near the endzones that wasn't very slightly. I wish I could find a photo of it. Not bad for the size of school/town and location.

Mankato's is cool because the stands basically hug the sidelines - so the action is super close. That's maybe the only thing to like about the Blake, though.

Yup pretty much!

Comment

• NAIA Waldorf's stadium has a track around it. I felt like I was a half a mile away. I realize the reason in the old days but no one should build one that way today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Yup pretty much!
          Cheap concessions too, I suppose. The berm is kinda cool too.

I can appreciate an ugly duckling stadium like the Metrodome, but the Blake might just be a little "too" ugly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X