Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Walters had a comment a few days ago that the non-scholarship Pioneer League might reach out to Mankato. Do you think that is something that would interest them? Could they do it and still be in NSIC? I suppose they could go the St. Cloud route and add men's soccer but that would screw up the balance with women I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Charlie Walters had a comment a few days ago that the non-scholarship Pioneer League might reach out to Mankato. Do you think that is something that would interest them? Could they do it and still be in NSIC? I suppose they could go the St. Cloud route and add men's soccer but that would screw up the balance with women I would think.
      My question would be, why? Charlie Walters is just looking for more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I was at a D1 discussion meeting in early September where the speaker told us that Tarleton would be announcing soon. I didn't hear a lot of support for going D1. They would need some really big hitters to make that move and no one was excited about cutting any sports. I haven't heard any interest in going Pioneer, at least from the football people. The only people I've heard from that are interested in D1 are from basketball. The other sports would be against it.

Comment

That is great to see. Apparently they have been recruiting a lot of individuals with good character, and have priorities in order. Hopefully that trend can continue.

Comment

UMD 127 games 107-20 winning 84% 10 North division championships, 5 NSIC championships, 7 NCAA postseason appearances, 2 bowl games, and (drum roll please) 1 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I would say, also very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

My question would be, why? Charlie Walters is just looking for more attention.
              The why would be so they could wave the D1 flag. Isn't that why all these schools who have to know they will never have a chance do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
                UMD 127 games 107-20 winning 84% 10 North division championships, 5 NSIC championships, 7 NCAA postseason appearances, 2 bowl games, and (drum roll please) 1 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I would say, also very impressive.
                I just saw a post on Facebook giving the top college team at any level for each state. They put St Thomas for Minnesota. Can't agree with that at all. One title game if I remember right. I can't argue with a title, and remembering that UMD had one last decade too.

Comment

Congratulations to Joe Beschorner for being named D2 coordinator of the year!

https://footballscoop.com/news/joe-b...r-of-the-year/

Comment

Congratulations! Your Division II AFCA National Coach of the Year is Todd Hoffner!

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Hoffner. He has maintained a very successful program at MSU since he began in 2008.

Comment

Comment

Just saw that on Twitter. Anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Just saw that on Twitter. Anyone know why?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X