Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you've got an hour- the Mav highlight film is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yky...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Very good highlight film, with commentary.

Comment

Comment

Chad Courrier
          @ChadCourrier1m
          Former MSU defensive coordinator Joe Kleinderman has been named D coordinator at Kansas State. Nice when good things happen to good people.

Comment

Hate to go OT here, but I have a question for the Mav Historians of the board. Who was the athletic director in 1964?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Hate to go OT here, but I have a question for the Mav Historians of the board. Who was the athletic director in 1964?
              Bob Otto

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                Bob Otto wasn't named AD until 1970. I tried going through MSU records but no luck so far.

"Otto was named MSU's men's AD in 1970 and served in that capacity until his retirement in 1983."

https://msumavericks.com/honors/hall...e/bob-otto/181

Comment

Here's why I ask...

I found this contract for sale. It's signed by Ohio State AD Dick Larkins, so I assumed that the AD for MSC would have also signed it, but that does not appear to be the case. It doesn't look like wrestling records were very well kept up until the 2000's or so, so I also am not seeing a trace of this meet online anywhere.

I'm considering buying it, but I haven't decided yet. I was just curious to know who would have signed it for MSC.

Comment

That would be Roy Moore, AD from 1952-64. I still haven't found who was AD from 64-70 yet.

That contract is pretty neat. Yes, my friend Steve Johnson, who wrestled for MSU in the late 60s, said that they went all over the country to wrestle D1 teams back then.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      That would be Roy Moore, AD from 1952-64. I still haven't found who was AD from 64-70 yet.

That contract is pretty neat. Yes, my friend Steve Johnson, who wrestled for MSU in the late 60s, said that they went all over the country to wrestle D1 teams back then.
                      Ahh, neat!

I was surprised to see it sitting up there for sale, and even more surprised when I saw it was Ohio State. Dick Larkins was a fairly prominent AD for OSU - he hired Woody Hayes. Another interesting note, Hiram College only briefly sponsored sports during this period. They just reinstated an athletic program in the last couple of years.

It's a hair on the spendy side so I'm undecided, although I think it's a reasonable price given what it is. If this is something the university would be interested in having, or someone from the Mav faithful, I'd be happy to pass the information on about it.

Comment

Bob Otto wasn't named AD until 1970. I tried going through MSU records but no luck so far.

"Otto was named MSU's men's AD in 1970 and served in that capacity until his retirement in 1983."

https://msumavericks.com/honors/hall...e/bob-otto/181
                        Bob Otto was one of the "Ironmen" on the University of Iowa football team during his collegiate days. Long-time head coach at MSU, and of course, AD. He instructed an athletic administration class I took; good instructor and fine person.

Comment

Another award for Alex Goettl. I can't keep up- he just keeps winning and winning!

https://www.nffmn.org/news_article/show/1095334

Comment

Chad Henning going to UIU.

Comment

Chad Henning going to UIU.

And the first domino to fall. Surprised it took this long but I am expecting relatively high coaching turnover this offseason

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

And the first domino to fall. Surprised it took this long but I am expecting relatively high coaching turnover this offseason
                                I thought that there would be more leaving than this. Of course it could still happen. I think several of the coaches are very comfortable at MSU and have turned down offers in the past. However, if the right offer came along...........

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X