Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get well soon, laker!

Tough way to spend Christmas and the holidays, pal. I trust a number of other friends on the MB will chime in with heart-felt and sincere sentiments. You're one-in-a-million and I always enjoy our repartee - on here, facebook and the phone. Hopefully this setback is minor and doesn't put a damper on your enthusiasm and chocolate milk addiction.

Just got back from the Twin Cities from getting my retina reattached. My right eye is very sore- looks like I lost a fight. Double vision, can't focus and need to keep an eye patch on it. Kind of difficult to focus on writing this. My sister Lynn drove me around to the Phillips Eye Clinic because I wasn't allowed to. At least going on Christmas Eve day and to recheck on Christmas Day meant less traffic. I can't fly for at least a month so my broom is put away. No snow shoveling or strenuous activities so I won't be picking up any heavy women. I just had my first glass of chocolate milk in several days. The old chassis has a number of bumps and paint scrapes- hopefully the new headlight works correctly.

I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and safe travels during the holidays!

Comment

Get well soon. Rest is good

Comment

Oh my, what happened? Hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

Hang in there, laker!

Comment

Get well soon Laker!

Comment

Update: I keep my right eye covered. Watching as much football, Gunsmoke and Turner Classic Movies as I can between naps. 4 drops of one kind a day, one drop before I go to bed at night. When I look at my eye it looks like The Terminator. Still have double vision in it and can see the bubble at the bottom of my vision. I have to wear a green bracelet until that bubble disappears.

Still painful, especially if I turn my head a certain way. Can't do much reading. This is boring and of course I get a thousand questions, most of them that I can't answer. Next checkup is Jan. 2nd in Mankato. I hope to find out more then.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                Update: I keep my right eye covered. Watching as much football, Gunsmoke and Turner Classic Movies as I can between naps. 4 drops of one kind a day, one drop before I go to bed at night. When I look at my eye it looks like The Terminator. Still have double vision in it and can see the bubble at the bottom of my vision. I have to wear a green bracelet until that bubble disappears.

Still painful, especially if I turn my head a certain way. Can't do much reading. This is boring and of course I get a thousand questions, most of them that I can't answer. Next checkup is Jan. 2nd in Mankato. I hope to find out more then.
                I may be the only one on this board who can truly empathize as I have had it done on both eyes.

Comment

And you HAVE to keep the eye-patch my friend! Happy New Year & Get well soon

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I may be the only one on this board who can truly empathize as I have had it done on both eyes.
                    Hopefully not at the same time! The other people who were having it done the same time as me had to keep their heads down for 7 days. That would be much worse than mine. At least I can watch football!

Comment

Hopefully not at the same time! The other people who were having it done the same time as me had to keep their heads down for 7 days. That would be much worse than mine. At least I can watch football!
                      No. Left eye in my mid 20's. Right eye couple years ago. Ended up with scar tissue and a cataract after the last one and had to go back in for more. Right was my best eye but no longer. Only had to keep my head down for the day. Don't know how you could even do it for a week. Procedure has come a long way. First time I had to stay in the hospital a couple days and it hurt like you know what. Would have to close eyes and turn head then reopen eyes. Eye movement was unbearable. Now outpatient and pretty painless. Best of luck. Goes pretty well for most people with no change in vision.

Comment

My football coach from Buffalo Lake and the fall of 1971 which was my senior season posted this picture on Facebook. I can still identify everyone- some of them have passed away. My favorite sport, win or lose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	80672870_10157858418498839_4296829233042292736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=0MkV2zFoxCIAQn9Ej6Rg63Rrlu61zGftbApVaWHQW2kVZh-e_Tb6XKZzw&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=bf8cad5549d0dfe67604abfd39a8e676&oe=5EAD0108.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	471601

Comment

My football coach from Buffalo Lake and the fall of 1971 which was my senior season posted this picture on Facebook. I can still identify everyone- some of them have passed away. My favorite sport, win or lose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	80672870_10157858418498839_4296829233042292736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=0MkV2zFoxCIAQn9Ej6Rg63Rrlu61zGftbApVaWHQW2kVZh-e_Tb6XKZzw&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=bf8cad5549d0dfe67604abfd39a8e676&oe=5EAD0108.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	471601
                          Is that you, laker? Bottom row far right?

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Is that you, laker? Bottom row far right?
                            Top row, third from left.

Comment

Top row, third from left.
                              Just kiddin'. That kid had hair.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X