Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post
    Sounds like Northern will have a few games this spring. Just need to finalize dates.
    I know Mankato is at least one of them.

Comment

Head Coach Mike Schmidt has been more interested in Spring Scrimmages/Games than a large portion of the NSIC coaches..who are fairly content having maybe 2 joint practices/scrimmages with another squad....but in a controlled environment. Schmidt kinda wants to see what he's got (in gameplay), as most new coaches would, which is why Mankato and NSU have been entertaining talks of a real game at the beginning of May. That said, I got the impression it will have fans but not be an official contest. Like NSU..Mankato and Coach Hoffner wants to see what he's got, as a lot of his star power from their runner up season is no longer in the huddle.

With Morningside looking for a scrimmage (or two) before their playoffs begin (mid April), I would see NSU being a good dance partner for them in the joint scrimmage format.

Comment

I have heard Mankato, Mary, and Morningside are likely opponents for the spring. I have also heard SMSU and maybe even an MIAA opponent like Mo West but I don't know if that is more wishful thinking than actual possibility. I think that at least a couple of these will be more like scrimmages than actual games but I've not heard anything concrete on any of this. It is all speculation until the school formally announces a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
          I have heard Mankato, Mary, and Morningside are likely opponents for the spring. I have also heard SMSU and maybe even an MIAA opponent like Mo West but I don't know if that is more wishful thinking than actual possibility. I think that at least a couple of these will be more like scrimmages than actual games but I've not heard anything concrete on any of this. It is all speculation until the school formally announces a schedule.
          Mary on March 27th but it will be a controlled scrimmage. Apparently Mankato first weekend in May. Like you said Morningside and SMSU are possibilities as well as Grand Valley if they can make it work. Apparently everything has been approved. Just locking in the dates.

Comment

Mary on March 27th but it will be a controlled scrimmage. Apparently Mankato first weekend in May. Like you said Morningside and SMSU are possibilities as well as Grand Valley if they can make it work. Apparently everything has been approved. Just locking in the dates.
            Does SMSU have any players on campus to play a spring game? How many of their 175 recruits are enrolled this semester?

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Does SMSU have any players on campus to play a spring game? How many of their 175 recruits are enrolled this semester?

Comment

I've heard from a source that Mankato offered to travel to Aberdeen if NSU would pay for their Hotel rooms - the way I understand it- NSU offered to put them up at the White House Inn (for those of you not familiar- the White House is probably your best option in the Hub City for catching bed bugs)

I'm not sure squaring off against Morningside would be a great idea for Schmidt- any spot that isn't dominant could be seen as embarrassing.

The most I've heard of Mary wanting to do is a couple joint practices - they are not interested in getting anyone hurt on their improved roster- NSU was not mentioned as an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by fullthrottlerb1 View Post

I've heard from a source that Mankato offered to travel to Aberdeen if NSU would pay for their Hotel rooms - the way I understand it- NSU offered to put them up at the White House Inn (for those of you not familiar- the White House is probably your best option in the Hub City for catching bed bugs)

I'm not sure squaring off against Morningside would be a great idea for Schmidt- any spot that isn't dominant could be seen as embarrassing.

The most I've heard of Mary wanting to do is a couple joint practices - they are not interested in getting anyone hurt on their improved roster- NSU was not mentioned as an opponent.
                  What an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by fullthrottlerb1 View Post

Latest update is a scrimmage against Mary, scrimmage against Morningside and games against Central Missouri and Mankato.

Comment

Latest update is a scrimmage against Mary, scrimmage against Morningside and games against Central Missouri and Mankato.
                      I love it. Perhaps, if Morningside plays more than just Northern it could be a way of them testing the NSIC waters for the future??

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I love it. Perhaps, if Morningside plays more than just Northern it could be a way of them testing the NSIC waters for the future??

Comment

Mary on March 27th, Morningside on April 1st, Mankato on May 1st. Sounds like the first two may just be scrimmages but Mankato may possibly be an official game.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                            Mary on March 27th, Morningside on April 1st, Mankato on May 1st. Sounds like the first two may just be scrimmages but Mankato may possibly be an official game.
                            Yep. Mankato is a game. And they also have Central Missouri scheduled as a game on April 17th as of today. That may change however.

Comment

I noticed that the NSU Wolves of the Week are a brother and sister pair of track stars.

I know that's not football related, but I thought it was kind of neat - it probably doesn't happen too often.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                                Word out of Aberdeen is that the scrimmages v Mary and Morningside are cancelled. Information I've heard is that there are 10+ Covid positive cases and over 30 close contacts.

I guess the new staff at NSU will have to wait longer to see what they have. Puts a little more emphasis on the potential matchup with Central Mo later this month. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Mary staff and team are, understandably, not happy that a long anticipated opportunity to compete has fallen by the wayside.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X