Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to stay locked into Wokves recruiting as it certainly has a different feel with this regime. We are in a l
    LOT more battles with MVFC or top their NSIC schools as I've ever seen. Granted, some could be offers from us and walk on for others, but in general it is nice to see as we have already won a few of those contests in the past. Very intriguing future for this fall or the next.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      Been trying to stay locked into Wokves recruiting as it certainly has a different feel with this regime. We are in a l
      LOT more battles with MVFC or top their NSIC schools as I've ever seen. Granted, some could be offers from us and walk on for others, but in general it is nice to see as we have already won a few of those contests in the past. Very intriguing future for this fall or the next.
      I'd love to be recruiting at NSU right now. No better time to convince a student athlete and his family that NSU and Aberdeen are the right fit. The fan base and success of Men's Basketball and Volleyball have always been attractive. Especially at the D2 level. Add the new stadium, updated facilities, new buildings on campus and this gives the new coaching staff a lot of ammunition.

I was surprised Schmidt got the job. I'm not sure if he was NSU's top choice or they settled. However, expectations in Aberdeen couldn't be higher. To be successful he needs to utilize his Wisconsin connections and probably dip into KS, OK and North TX.

I look forward to following this team the next few years.
      Last edited by NSICFballFan; 08-03-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Comment

Should be one of the top 10 D2 stadiums in the country. Expectations are high in Aberdeen. Local support for the program should grow with team success. Making for a great game day atmosphere. I expect an NSIC North championship from NSU in the next 3 seasons. Exciting time to be a Wolves fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

Should be one of the top 10 D2 stadiums in the country. Expectations are high in Aberdeen. Local support for the program should grow with team success. Making for a great game day atmosphere. I expect an NSIC North championship from NSU in the next 3 seasons. Exciting time to be a Wolves fan.
            I agree with you about the stadium. I saw that video ranking them as of now and thought the same thing.

Comment

Just going though some tape and this is clearly the biggest, most talented class we have had in a long time. A lot goes into success though so we will need to see how it all meshes a few years from now and if some of this staff actually sticks it out more than a year. They are recruiting like crazy and if this kept up for a few years I'd feel good about saying the corner has turned but too much goes into football. I am legitimately optimistic for the first time in a while.

Comment

Just going though some tape and this is clearly the biggest, most talented class we have had in a long time. A lot goes into success though so we will need to see how it all meshes a few years from now and if some of this staff actually sticks it out more than a year. They are recruiting like crazy and if this kept up for a few years I'd feel good about saying the corner has turned but too much goes into football. I am legitimately optimistic for the first time in a while.
                Who are some of your favorite NSU commits?

Looks like most schools are bringing in fewer but higher quality players. A lot of athletes that could have gone FCS are slipping down to D2 this class.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks like the transfer from Virginia Tech is also working out at qb.

Comment

Saw pictures of the new fields and man, is it impressive how much its progressed. Couldn't have had a better year for this great working weather!

Comment

By my count the Wolves are up to 26 recruits. It is really nice having coaches that know how to recruit outside of South Dakota. Iery has done a great job. My top 3 are Justin Hernandez, Esteban Mendoza, and Mason Osborn.

Comment

I've heard the Wolves will have 4 exhibition games this spring. None of them will be in Aberdeen, and they may all be neutral site games. I think one will be an NAIA playoff team, and the other 3 are NSIC foes. It will be nice to see them play.

Comment

Any word who the NSIC teams will be?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is not set in stone yet, but I've heard Mankato and SMSU. I have not heard who the 3rd team would be.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X