Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is not set in stone yet, but I've heard Mankato and SMSU. I have not heard who the 3rd team would be.
    Sounds like it will be SMSU, Morningside (NAIA), and possibly Mankato twice.

Comment

NSU peeps. I saw a thing on the Roku (NSIC app) for a recruiting thing tmrw for the Wolves....I assume something streamed. FYI.

I hadn't seen that for other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
        NSU peeps. I saw a thing on the Roku (NSIC app) for a recruiting thing tmrw for the Wolves....I assume something streamed. FYI.

I hadn't seen that for other teams.
        Yep 5:30 central Wednesday. YouTube, facebook and the NSIC network. Here the article about it. https://nsuwolves.com/news/2021/1/29...day-plans.aspx

Comment

Last Friday I did an interview with Head Coach Mike Schmidt and I'll post it in the days that follow recruiting. Mike was very candid about expectations for the program and the outlook. I'll post it here when ready.

Comment

https://nsuwolves.com/news/2021/2/3/...ss-the-us.aspx

Comment

Last Friday I did an interview with Head Coach Mike Schmidt and I'll post it in the days that follow recruiting. Mike was very candid about expectations for the program and the outlook. I'll post it here when ready.

Comment

I can't say I disagree with you guys in that your program appears to have a bright future, but you need to seriously pump the brakes on talk of winning the NSIC North within 3 years or playoffs. Your new coach hasn't even coached a game yet so that seems to be a stretch. Also, if I've learned anything in my time as a former player, it's that D1 transfers are usually nothing to boast about. Sure, some can pan out to be productive players but you can't go around saying a guy was at a D1 school so he's gonna be a D2 stud. Doesn't work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post
                  I can't say I disagree with you guys in that your program appears to have a bright future, but you need to seriously pump the brakes on talk of winning the NSIC North within 3 years or playoffs. Your new coach hasn't even coached a game yet so that seems to be a stretch. Also, if I've learned anything in my time as a former player, it's that D1 transfers are usually nothing to boast about. Sure, some can pan out to be productive players but you can't go around saying a guy was at a D1 school so he's gonna be a D2 stud. Doesn't work like that.
                  Yes...bland expectations and pessimism is an excellent way to recruit, change a culture and build interest in your program. I'll send and email to them tomorrow to knock it off.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Yes...bland expectations and pessimism is an excellent way to recruit, change a culture and build interest in your program. I'll send and email to them tomorrow to knock it off.

Comment

Figured I'd look back through...literally one comment of potentially winning the North and a Maverick fan saying atleast a year until making some real noise. Otherwise just a lot of "we shall see" type comments. We have like four active posters so not real hard to sift through.

Comment

I guess I would argue that Northern has consistently been in middle of the North for years and if the new stadium and coaching staff doesn't generate enough optimism that we can compete with Bemidji and Duluth in a few years then what are we even doing. I mostly agree with you on the D1 transfers, they are usually now D2 for a reason. But as Mankato can show you, transfers can often work out at this level too. The expectations are there for the future of the program. Wolves fans are realistic that it won't happen over night. I'm just excited to see some football again.

Comment

Comment

Early May on the game with Mankato. I've heard both that it will be a real NCAA sanctioned game and then I heard a game format that wont count towards official records..but will have fans, etc. I'm assuming it'll be the unofficial game setup. I think it was May 7th, but it was a few weeks ago when I'd heard of this talk.

Comment

Early May on the game with Mankato. I've heard both that it will be a real NCAA sanctioned game and then I heard a game format that wont count towards official records..but will have fans, etc. I'm assuming it'll be the unofficial game setup. I think it was May 7th, but it was a few weeks ago when I'd heard of this talk.

Comment

Sounds like Northern will have a few games this spring. Just need to finalize dates.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X