Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullthrottlerb1 View Post

Word out of Aberdeen is that the scrimmages v Mary and Morningside are cancelled. Information I've heard is that there are 10+ Covid positive cases and over 30 close contacts.

I guess the new staff at NSU will have to wait longer to see what they have. Puts a little more emphasis on the potential matchup with Central Mo later this month. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Mary staff and team are, understandably, not happy that a long anticipated opportunity to compete has fallen by the wayside.

Comment

Originally posted by fullthrottlerb1 View Post

Word out of Aberdeen is that the scrimmages v Mary and Morningside are cancelled. Information I've heard is that there are 10+ Covid positive cases and over 30 close contacts.

I guess the new staff at NSU will have to wait longer to see what they have. Puts a little more emphasis on the potential matchup with Central Mo later this month. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Mary staff and team are, understandably, not happy that a long anticipated opportunity to compete has fallen by the wayside.

Comment

Your opinion is noted at 13,154 per 100k SD is higher compared to MN. at 9077, which is middle of the pack in our country.

Comment

Could you please go back and review the NSIC basketball and wrestling seasons to see who exactly had to cancel their contests due to Covid, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Could you please go back and review the NSIC basketball and wrestling seasons to see who exactly had to cancel their contests due to Covid, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Your opinion is noted at 13,154 per 100k SD is higher compared to MN. at 9077, which is middle of the pack in our country.
              Is that the current trend, or is that overall spread since the pandemic began?

Comment

Most of the cancelations were not for schools in SD, the schools in SD also didn't need the governor to tell them how to take precautions. The board of regents and the public schools came up with their own guidelines. I saw Augie the other day didn't allow fans from an away team or something like that.

I live in Minnesota, not South Dakota. I just get tired of the blanket statements by people who likely don't even visit South Dakota. Sorry. Back to football or whatever this thread is about.

Comment

The Central Missouri game has still not been confirmed at this point [/QUOTE]

Yes, I know. You would agree though that the cancelation of the other scrimmages would put a greater emphasis on making sure this event takes place, yes? If you miss out on two of three scheduled evaluation opportunities, one would assume that you would work to assure that you get additional opportunities to evaluate your team.

I'm told it is on Central Mo to make the decision. Northern wants/needs a guarantee (i.e money) to come down and play - budgets are extremely tight at NSU. Central Mo doesn't want to pay anyone - which is why they are looking for a different program to scrimmage. If NSU wants to play UCM (IMO needs to play) they may need to pay their own way. Which is why it will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Is that the current trend, or is that overall spread since the pandemic began?
                    That is numbers from March 25.

Comment

Comment

Moving past politics and who's wearing masks in what state etc....these things are going to happen until we get the brunt of the population vaccinated. Let's hope that's by the Summer..and indications seem to be trending that way. So let's hope we have light at the end of the tunnel for the real prize = Fall Football..

If teams are able to get scrimmages in during this Spring window....great....it's a nice reward for the players since they haven't gotten to compete against someone in a different uniform in nearly a year and a half. For Northern, considering they've been very ambitious with lining up scrimmages, they should still be able to get some outside competition during this timeframe.

As we've seen in the FCS during this time, there's going to be bumps in the road when trying to play games/scrimmages during this current period.

Comment

The Northern/Morningside scrimmage has been rescheduled for April 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            Moving past politics and who's wearing masks in what state etc....these things are going to happen until we get the brunt of the population vaccinated. Let's hope that's by the Summer..and indications seem to be trending that way. So let's hope we have light at the end of the tunnel for the real prize = Fall Football..
                            Not interested in a political discussion either, but I think the current target is July.

And, for what it's worth - South Dakota is a top 2-3 state in terms of vaccination rates. Obviously they are a lot smaller, but all things being equal - that's where they fall.

Anyway, is Northern allowing fans at any scrimmages/games this spring? Maybe it was discussed but I didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Not interested in a political discussion either, but I think the current target is July.

And, for what it's worth - South Dakota is a top 2-3 state in terms of vaccination rates. Obviously they are a lot smaller, but all things being equal - that's where they fall.

Anyway, is Northern allowing fans at any scrimmages/games this spring? Maybe it was discussed but I didn't see it.
                              I would assume it would still fall into that 25% capacity but I'm not entirely sure they'll get nearly 2,000 fans to a scrimmage anyways. Possibly with the new staff and players but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                                The Northern/Morningside scrimmage has been rescheduled for April 9th.
                                Interesting they'd (MSide) be interested in doing a scrimmage with a D2 program a week before starting their playoffs. From a health standpoint, I wouldn't be doing that as a coach..but hey, their call.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X