Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Interesting they'd (MSide) be interested in doing a scrimmage with a D2 program a week before starting their playoffs. From a health standpoint, I wouldn't be doing that as a coach..but hey, their call.
    Perhaps their auditioning for a return to D2... No Way! Sometimes they have to look at USF quick success in the NSIC and wonder.

Probably want maximum competition for their run at another national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Not interested in a political discussion either, but I think the current target is July.

And, for what it's worth - South Dakota is a top 2-3 state in terms of vaccination rates. Obviously they are a lot smaller, but all things being equal - that's where they fall.

Anyway, is Northern allowing fans at any scrimmages/games this spring? Maybe it was discussed but I didn't see it.
      Pretty sure there are going to be no restrictions in playing Mankato May 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Interesting they'd (MSide) be interested in doing a scrimmage with a D2 program a week before starting their playoffs. From a health standpoint, I wouldn't be doing that as a coach..but hey, their call.

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Pretty sure there are going to be no restrictions in playing Mankato May 1st
          Cool, that's the one I was hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I would assume it would still fall into that 25% capacity but I'm not entirely sure they'll get nearly 2,000 fans to a scrimmage anyways. Possibly with the new staff and players but who knows.
            I've never been to Aberdeen before, and a spring football game/scrimmage seems like a good time to go.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Perhaps their auditioning for a return to D2... No Way! Sometimes they have to look at USF quick success in the NSIC and wonder.

Probably want maximum competition for their run at another national championship.
              Given how MSide was able to play toe-to-toe with Mankato (who's in the midst of a lot of changes)....MSide would do well in the NSIC. Steve Ryan has really built up that program has a great thing going there. They enjoy the local footprint of the GPAC, with rivals like NW and others within an hour of them. After having them scrimmage the NSIC during this Spring, it'll be interesting watching them in the playoffs here a few short weeks away.

Comment

M'side is the betting favorite, but Grand View, Lindsey Wilson (Ky), Reinhardt (Ga) and probably Marian (In) again will be biggest challengers. Biggest question is how 'game ready' the fall teams (M'side & GVU) are since it seems they've only scrimmaged the past month or so, while the spring teams (LWC, RU and Marian) have played upwards of 8 full games.
                for more info - .http://www.victorysportsnetwork.com/...n-and-more.htm

Comment

So, did anyone see the scrimmage? Did it even happen?

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    So, did anyone see the scrimmage? Did it even happen?

Comment

• Agree with that assessment. Some position groups were missing the top couple strings of players. While the scrimmage was great for those guys to get some playing experience, it certainly didn't represent the lineup that we will be seeing in the fall.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Who are you hearing as the starters on the oline?

Comment

• It will be very interesting to see what the 2021 version of the Wolves is. I'm guessing very few of the 22 starters from November 2019 will be the same in September 2021 when the new season kicks off. There is a lot of unknowns and I fully expect the 2021 season to be a roller coaster, but it is an exciting time to be a Wolves football fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisher View Post
                                Who are you hearing as the starters on the oline?
                                I will ask around

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X