Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
    It will be very interesting to see what the 2021 version of the Wolves is. I'm guessing very few of the 22 starters from November 2019 will be the same in September 2021 when the new season kicks off. There is a lot of unknowns and I fully expect the 2021 season to be a roller coaster, but it is an exciting time to be a Wolves football fan.
    I agree, it will be interesting.

Looking at it, I count 10 starters that could be returning- most gone due to 2 classes graduating- I'm willing to bet most of the Northern Sun is in the same boat so I'm not sure of the comment here. While Schmidt was pretty clear that there is competition all over - the last time the Wolves took the field in a game that mattered they did have a winning record- it stands to reason that a lot of those guys have a pretty good chance.

I'm excited to hopefully be able to make it up to NSU this weekend to watch the Wolves play the final game at swisher field. Hopefully they can seize some momentum from the mostly positive performance in Missouri.

Comment

• Originally posted by fullthrottlerb1 View Post

I agree, it will be interesting.

Looking at it, I count 10 starters that could be returning- most gone due to 2 classes graduating- I'm willing to bet most of the Northern Sun is in the same boat so I'm not sure of the comment here. While Schmidt was pretty clear that there is competition all over - the last time the Wolves took the field in a game that mattered they did have a winning record- it stands to reason that a lot of those guys have a pretty good chance.

I'm excited to hopefully be able to make it up to NSU this weekend to watch the Wolves play the final game at swisher field. Hopefully they can seize some momentum from the mostly positive performance in Missouri.

Comment

• Question for Northerners- the NSU-MSU softball series for this weekend has been called off due to Covid problems at NSU. Any info on how widespread this is? Kind of hard to find out with the privacy laws. MSU's scrimmage with UMD last week was called off.

Comment

• when did that happen? Certainly not last week.

Comment

• Mankato canceled due to Covid. So over this.

Comment

• Getting closer

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Getting closer
                Should have had a bigger Wolf head...other than that it is still just jaw dropping that it actually happened and how quickly.

Also curious to see it again in person now. It could be the camera angle but the end zone close to the BC makes it look like the endzone ends and is immediately next to what I assume is going to be a fence of some sort? Again, could be the angle but that seems awfully close right?.
                Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 05-13-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Should have had a bigger Wolf head...other than that it is still just draw dropping that it actually happened and how quickly.

Also curious to see it again in person now. It could be the camera angle but the end zone close to the BC makes it look like the endzone ends and is immediately next to what I assume is going to be a fence of some sort? Again, could be the angle but that seems awfully close right?.
                  Pretty impressive!

I can't help but think what a missed opportunity it is to not have a track around the field. What a bummer...

Comment

Pretty impressive!

I can't help but think what a missed opportunity it is to not have a track around the field. What a bummer...
                    Were you a track guy?

As far as multi-functipnal purposes and giving home to another sport that didn't really have one, yeah,, it is kind of a missed opportunity. However it takes voices and donors and unless you are donating to the general fund, you kind of have a say on how your funds are used.

It's continued progress for Northern and supper happy for softball, football and of course the marching band (I believe that was one of the multi functional uses they originally mentioned).

Fundraising and progression never stops so looking forward to the exciting future project already.
                    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 05-13-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Were you a track guy?

As far as multi-functipnal purposes and giving home to another sport that didn't really have one, yeah,, it is kind of a missed opportunity. However it takes voices and donors and unless you are donating to the general fund, you kind of have a say on how your funds are used.

It's continued progress for Northern and supper happy for softball, football and of course the marching band (I believe that was one of the multi functional uses they originally mentioned).

Fundraising and progression never stops so looking forward to the exciting future project already.
                      They raised 5 million or so more than they needed so word is you may see something else announced fairly soon. Not on the scale of a stadium of course but further improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

They raised 5 million or so more than they needed so word is you may see something else announced fairly soon. Not on the scale of a stadium of course but further improvement.
                        Yeah, I've known about a few things in the works but I have no connections or input on anything so whatever happens, happens

Comment

Pretty impressive!

Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 05-16-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Pretty impressive!

I played football in HS and college and was track captain in HS. A track around a football field ruins it. In HS you can probably only afford to do it that way, but show me one college field with a track that wouldn't be better off without it. Fans are too far from the field- Howard Wood was a great example.

Comment

• I mean, if we are going to get into this again, so be it...but the only time I've ever heard mention of this "issue" is on the message board. Football in Aberdeen was played at a football only Swish, then moved to the new Swish at the new HS and I never once noticed a difference or felt any further away. The space lost is minimal considering you could have a true multi-purpose facility rather than eventually having to use up even more land for just a track. But hey, it's 2021, we are well past the things need to look good and who cares about efficiency.

I'm happy for the Football team, marching band and for the outdoor concerts that Northern will have.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I played football in HS and college and was track captain in HS. A track around a football field ruins it. In HS you can probably only afford to do it that way, but show me one college field with a track that wouldn't be better off without it. Fans are too far from the field- Howard Wood was a great example.
                                You were a good athlete in the day Laker, now you are the greatest fan of athletics in the upper Midwest and put a ton of mileage on your vehicle. When Augustana played in the wind tunnel known as Howard Wood field I would make a trip to Mankato at Blakeslee stadium when Augie played there just for the great view. When Kirkeby-Over stadium opened the lack of a track and the field sunk 6' into the ground made a believer that tracks do not belong around College fields.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X