Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd fully expect them to work towards football have a good guess at the coach, but that's just my opinion, I know nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I'd fully expect them to work towards football have a good guess at the coach, but that's just my opinion, I know nothing.
      There is a reason that only one school plays scholarship football in Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez and the people in Madison have made it clear that only the Badgers are allowed that privilege.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

There is a reason that only one school plays scholarship football in Wisconsin. Barry Alvarez and the people in Madison have made it clear that only the Badgers are allowed that privilege.

Comment

• Not quite. They have one scholarship football team, and 17 non-scholarship football teams (all of them DIII).

The UW mothership controls all of the public universities in the state, and the flagship doesn't want to compete with itself for gameday attention. The WIAC schools probably don't want to change anything either, so that just leaves Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Parkside as the only viable candidates for a scholarship team.

Marquette is the only private school of notable size, however they'd need to build a stadium - which probably means public funding. I also think they are enjoying just being a D-AAA school anyway.

Kind of a bummer.

Comment

• Looks like SMSU is the first opponent at the new stadium - I've never been to Aberdeen before, and I'm thinking about making a weekend out of it.

Anything I should make time to see in town?

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Looks like SMSU is the first opponent at the new stadium - I've never been to Aberdeen before, and I'm thinking about making a weekend out of it.

Anything I should make time to see in town?

Comment

Not quite. They have one scholarship football team, and 17 non-scholarship football teams (all of them DIII).

The UW mothership controls all of the public universities in the state, and the flagship doesn't want to compete with itself for gameday attention. The WIAC schools probably don't want to change anything either, so that just leaves Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Parkside as the only viable candidates for a scholarship team.

Marquette is the only private school of notable size, however they'd need to build a stadium - which probably means public funding. I also think they are enjoying just being a D-AAA school anyway.

Kind of a bummer.

I'd add the NSIC programs to the list of schools that don't want that to change.

Comment

• Bummer - but such is life I suppose. I'll probably just wander around campus and get a feel for the town then.

It's the last "big" town in South Dakota I still need to see, out of the top five anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I'd add the NSIC programs to the list of schools that don't want that to change.
                    Yeah, I'd agree with that for the most part. It's one thing I really like about our conference.

WIAC football has stayed relatively the same since 1917. The only changes have been the subtractions of Milwaukee in 1964 and Superior in 1992. They seem very tightly knit over there, far more than the MIAC is. At least they don't seem hellbent on booting Whitewater from the conference, for whatever that's worth.

Superior really should add football back though. They'd make a great addition to the UMAC to replace their neighbors in Duluth.

Comment

Bummer - but such is life I suppose. I'll probably just wander around campus and get a feel for the town then.

It's the last "big" town in South Dakota I still need to see, out of the top five anyway.
                      I could be missing something as my trips up there have just been over a weekend and usually pretty quick.

Comment

Bummer - but such is life I suppose. I'll probably just wander around campus and get a feel for the town then.

If you're used to Marshall then you'll appreciate Aberdeen. I remember there being a some pretty good local restaurants and nice downtown. There will be plenty to see and do around campus and the new facility on gameday. It will be fun and I imagine the game will be competitive as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post

If you're used to Marshall then you'll appreciate Aberdeen. I remember there being a some pretty good local restaurants and nice downtown. There will be plenty to see and do around campus and the new facility on gameday. It will be fun and I imagine the game will be competitive as well.
                          Neat, I did enjoy living in Marshall - so that does sound up my alley. Plan is to leave Friday after work and come up, so I'd have all-day Saturday.

Can't wait to see the new facility they built. The pictures look amazing, but I'm sure they don't do it the proper justice.

Comment

• I took plenty of pics but they are too big to upload. Any aware of a work around ?

Comment

• Comment

• Who you have as the starting qb job? Trautman or Bonds and do they split reps?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X