Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC recruiting ranking

Just by my own research into the players named to all state teams and to All star games and other all area honors, I would rank the top 5 recruiting classes: Winona State, Mankato, Duluth, Auggie and BSU. Just MHO

Crookston and St Cloud had the worst, didn't even sign one kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
      Just by my own research into the players named to all state teams and to All star games and other all area honors, I would rank the top 5 recruiting classes: Winona State, Mankato, Duluth, Auggie and BSU. Just MHO
      You are correct high honors from state and media often lead to college success. Also D1 PWO offers is an indicator. I've often wondered why some MN. posters spell Augie with 2 G's. No big deal.
      Last edited by vikingfaithful; 02-11-2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

You are correct high honors from state and media often lead to college success. Also D1 PWO offers is an indicator. I've often wondered why MN. posters spell Augie with 2 G's. No big deal.
        USF was also right there, we probably spell Auggie because of Augsburg university Auggies

Comment

USF was also right there, we probably spell Auggie because of Augsburg university Auggies
          +1

Comment

Comment

No doubt. Scholarship football is an arms race, and if your program can't get to or very near the divisional maximum quite soon, you can't expect to be more than merely competitive at best.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

No doubt. Scholarship football is an arms race, and if your program can't get to or very near the divisional maximum quite soon, you can't expect to be more than merely competitive at best.
                You are right, Duluth will have a hard time completing in future with about 25, and the tide will turn quickly

Comment

You are right, Duluth will have a hard time completing in future with about 25, and the tide will turn quickly

Comment

A Winona fan posted they were at 36 scholarships already up from 28. That would be a lot of money. Anybody know what a scholarship costs an athletic department? With title IX wouldn't the department be obligated to add 9 women's scholarships?

Comment

Plus women's hockey is going to continue to suck money from the budgets. It will only get worse too. I wonder when it will start hurting Mankato as well

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        A Winona fan posted they were at 36 scholarships already up from 28. That would be a lot of money. Anybody know what a scholarship costs an athletic department? With title IX wouldn't the department be obligated to add 9 women's scholarships?
                        The Title 9 Formula is a little more complicated than that, but theoretically, yes.

Comment

SMSU has a ways to go in the money race and so they better get it going quickly or they will suffere even more.

Optimistic about the new president. He is a go getter and full on board with sports and their importance. The last president killed enrollment and didnt raise any money. That's a bad combination

Comment

Curious how the SCSU and UMC transfers affect the league. I would think that most of those kids who transferred within the conference they will make the league better overall if for no other reason, they will add depth to many current rosters. Should help the product on the field league wide.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

Meh, I don't necessarily believe this. Duluth has been less than the leaders and produced. Northern and Mary have been on par with the top scholarship schools and certainly haven't had much success. I believe it is certainly very helpful but it is not a dealbreaker, IMO. However, as I've said in the past, if there is to be a conference split some day, I think it will be the max football scholarship schools and the non. Again, just my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X