Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
    Just by my own research into the players named to all state teams and to All star games and other all area honors, I would rank the top 5 recruiting classes: Winona State, Mankato, Duluth, Auggie and BSU. Just MHO
    I envy your free time and commend you for your hours of work.

Comment

Just by my own research into the players named to all state teams and to All star games and other all area honors, I would rank the top 5 recruiting classes: Winona State, Mankato, Duluth, Auggie and BSU. Just MHO
      Not that I don't believe you, but the scientist in me would love to see your data and your methodology.
      4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
      2016 NSIC Champions
      🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
        Curious how the SCSU and UMC transfers affect the league. I would think that most of those kids who transferred within the conference they will make the league better overall if for no other reason, they will add depth to many current rosters. Should help the product on the field league wide.

Comment

Mavs got two from SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Mavs got two from SCSU.
            Yup. Likely ones adds depth.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Meh, I don't necessarily believe this. Duluth has been less than the leaders and produced. Northern and Mary have been on par with the top scholarship schools and certainly haven't had much success. I believe it is certainly very helpful but it is not a dealbreaker, IMO. However, as I've said in the past, if there is to be a conference split some day, I think it will be the max football scholarship schools and the non. Again, just my opinion.
              Disagree. If scholarships were not important to more consistent success/league championships/playoff runs etc.; there would be no reason to go to the trouble and expense of it all. Certainly it is not going to assure success, as shown by the institutions you mention. Location and demographics make that more difficult at some places than others. Depth is very important in football.

Comment

Meh, I don't necessarily believe this. Duluth has been less than the leaders and produced. Northern and Mary have been on par with the top scholarship schools and certainly haven't had much success. I believe it is certainly very helpful but it is not a dealbreaker, IMO. However, as I've said in the past, if there is to be a conference split some day, I think it will be the max football scholarship schools and the non. Again, just my opinion.
                One thing I thing I am amazed hasn't hurt UMD more is cost. It is about $7000 more to attend there than SMSU, Bemidji, Northern, Winona, Wayne, Mankato...

That's an extra $30,000 of loans for a kid. With my kids, that alone was a non starter. No reason to spend $105,000 when $75,000 will do it

Comment

Same !!!! For the last week I have been saying I am going to look at the press releases and still haven't found time. 15 years ago I would have been through every school that Wednesday!

Comment

fair point although UMC has some kids who can play. not many, but some will be interesting to see if any of the UMC kids end up mattering as transfers

Comment

SMSU has an interesting recruiting class. Shay McClure, our defensive coordinator, has a lot of inroads in the Las Vegas area due to his time at Dixie State.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/nevada...chool-1951784/

Comment

thank you, I am recently retired and a D2 football fanatic

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post

Not that I don't believe you, but the scientist in me would love to see your data and your methodology.
                          Simple, find the all state players, all star game players , all conf. players add them up. basically the team with the most all state and players named to the all star games are the highest ranking. Whether or not this translates to Wins and losses in another story, we find that out in the Fall

Comment

One thing I thing I am amazed hasn't hurt UMD more is cost. It is about $7000 more to attend there than SMSU, Bemidji, Northern, Winona, Wayne, Mankato...

That's an extra $30,000 of loans for a kid. With my kids, that alone was a non starter. No reason to spend $105,000 when $75,000 will do it
                            I have heard this concern from the coaches.

Comment

thank you, I am recently retired and a D2 football fanatic
                              Congrats!!

Comment

If I was more efficient and wiser, I could have got out of NSU in four years for under 40,000. Living off campus was WAY cheaper, but that was 10-15 years ago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X