Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

Simple, find the all state players, all star game players , all conf. players add them up. basically the team with the most all state and players named to the all star games are the highest ranking. Whether or not this translates to Wins and losses in another story, we find that out in the Fall
    Most look good on paper !

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

I have heard this concern from the coaches.
      I do find this interesting for many reasons. The costs to attend UMD is real. Maybe UMD loses some kids because of it too and I just don't hear about it. If I were a UMD coach I would wonder how I deal with it. Seems likely long term the gap might get larger too

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

If I was more efficient and wiser, I could have got out of NSU in four years for under 40,000. Living off campus was WAY cheaper, but that was 10-15 years ago.
        I got out of SMSU for about $25,000 total over 4 years. That was early 1990s Cost 3x as much for my first kid. $18,000 /year. Mind boggling !

SMSU was so cheap you could live on campus and have food service for 4 years and it was cheap as heck.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

If I was more efficient and wiser, I could have got out of NSU in four years for under 40,000. Living off campus was WAY cheaper, but that was 10-15 years ago.
          I have been doing the math and today it appears living off campus is much cheaper. Especially for girls as they don't need the food plan.

Comment

Agree with Mr. Mustang. The move off campus saved a significant amount of money, both in rent and food. If your son/daughter can hook up with a few buddies that he or she is compatible with, there are Apartment and single family home options abound. Mine lived on campus the first year and went to an apartment for a year and then two houses. Significantly cheaper.:smile-big:
            Last edited by DAWGS; 02-18-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I am stunned at how much cheaper it is now to live off campus. When I went to SMSU is was comparable in priceing - then you factor in convenience and on campus was very good option.,

was about $300 / month for room and board and utilities in the 90s to live on campus --- now that would be closer to $900 - $1000 / month!

Comment

Living off-campus for two of my years was part of the reason why I was able to graduate with zero college debt.

Comment

I went to a WIAC school and lived in an on campus apartment my last year and the yearly cost/9 months of campus living was around 430 a month. I think I paid around $350ish a semester for 5 meals a week on campus. I looked the othe r day and in the last 10 years since I've graduated it's gone up over $100 a month for the room.
                  I lived off campus for 1 year and granted it was cheaper I didn't feel part of the campus at all and was noticeably less involved. Granted some of that had to do with working 15-20 hours a week as well as a tough 5 class schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post
                    Agree with Mr. Mustang. The move off campus saved a significant amount of money, both in rent and food. If your son/daughter can hook up with a few buddies that he or she is compatible with, there are Apartment and single family home options abound. Mine lived on campus the first year and went to an apartment for a year and then two houses. Significantly cheaper.:smile-big:
                    I said it first!! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

I have been doing the math and today it appears living off campus is much cheaper. Especially for girls as they don't need the food plan.

Comment

Comment

And cuz guys really like to grocery shop, cook and do the dishes.

Comment

Ever see the John Goodman Thanksgiving skit in Family Guy? That's what I pictured...

Comment

If you think a grocery bill for a girl is the same as a boy than you are unique. Having one of each in the teen years the cost for a boy in my experience is 3x as much. And my daughter played 3 sports and ate all the time

Comment

Mrs. Mustang agrees with me. She is a smart woman with impecibble taste and instincts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X