Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Johnnie-Tommie 2020 Game being play at US Bank Stadium

3rd time in the last 4 years its being played outside one of their campuses.
    2017-Target Field 37,355
    2018-SJU 16,922
    2019-Allianz Field 19,508
    2020 US Bank Stadium -probaly a lot

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
    3rd time in the last 4 years its being played outside one of their campuses.
    2017-Target Field 37,355
    2018-SJU 16,922
    2019-Allianz Field 19,508
    2020 US Bank Stadium -probaly a lot
    They did the unthinkable... going out with a BANG!! What a way to end a historic rivalry!!

Comment

Patrick Reusse posted this on Twitter:

Reusse
      @Patrick_Reusse

Johnnies choke. As the home team, SJU agrees to play last football game with St. Thomas at U.S. Bank Stadium next fall. Greed wins, even in Division 3. That historic game belonged in fabulous college setting that is the "Natural Bowl'' in Collegeville. Hiss, boom, boo!
      __________________________________________________ ____
      and I have to agree. My favorite place to play was at SJU, and my favorite place to watch a game was, and still is, at SJU. It's too bad they could not finish the rival in good weather, in the Natural Bowl, with ESPN Game Day onsite. It would have been a story book ending to a classic rivalry.
      Last edited by scsu83; 02-13-2020, 02:39 PM.
      THE Saint Cloud State University :rolleyes:

Comment

I'll probably go to this one. I despise both schools, but the rivalry is historic nonetheless and I've never been.

Just glad I don't have to go to either school's campus to see it either. Yuck.

Comment

I wasn't a fan when they played at Target Field 3 years ago and didn't go as my own private protest, haha, but I admit that the game at Allianz stadium was a blast. The tailgating lot and food/beer set up outside the stadium were fun. Not to mention perfect weather.

I wonder how much this decision was based on the logistics of campus and all the people coming and SJU will be the home team so they will get most of the money as UST did in 2017 and 2019.

Comment

I wasn't a fan when they played at Target Field 3 years ago and didn't go as my own private protest, haha, but I admit that the game at Allianz stadium was a blast. The tailgating lot and food/beer set up outside the stadium were fun. Not to mention perfect weather.

I wonder how much this decision was based on the logistics of campus and all the people coming and SJU will be the home team so they will get most of the money as UST did in 2017 and 2019.
            i believe it is to get the big dollar payoff. A rivalry game at SJU is one of the best things to a part of. US Bank Stadium will be 70% red and 30% purple (I have a degree from UST, not SJU). I was hoping to see the game at SJU and wondering how I would possibly get a ticket. The Bank will not be full but it will be a great crowd

Comment

I never would of guessed that St Johns would give up a home game no matter what.

Anyway full house for the St Thomas at St Johns BB game right now

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/t...reamType=video

Comment

Originally posted by scsu83 View Post

i believe it is to get the big dollar payoff. A rivalry game at SJU is one of the best things to a part of. US Bank Stadium will be 70% red and 30% purple (I have a degree from UST, not SJU). I was hoping to see the game at SJU and wondering how I would possibly get a ticket. The Bank will not be full but it will be a great crowd
                I agree, filling it up might be a stretch - but I would not be surprised if this game surpassed the Target Field attendance record. 50,000 may not be out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I agree, filling it up might be a stretch - but I would not be surprised if this game surpassed the Target Field attendance record. 50,000 may not be out of the realm of possibility.
                  St. Thomas men's basketball team ended St. John's

Comment

Fifty thousand is definitely within reach for one of the biggest rivalries in all of college football from schools with very active alumni. A few years ago Lehigh and Lafayette played their 150th rivalry game at Yankee Stadium and drew over 48k.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Fifty thousand is definitely within reach for one of the biggest rivalries in all of college football from schools with very active alumni. A few years ago Lehigh and Lafayette played their 150th rivalry game at Yankee Stadium and drew over 48k.
                      Short of SJU moving to wherever UST goes, this will be the last one ever. If a Target Field game can draw close to 40k, I think 50-55 is very much possible. I mean, I'm sure it will draw more than usual from both camps, but it will also draw a lot of outsiders (like me) who want to see such a big game.

Only time will tell, but it will be interesting nonetheless.

Comment

Short of SJU moving to wherever UST goes, this will be the last one ever. If a Target Field game can draw close to 40k, I think 50-55 is very much possible. I mean, I'm sure it will draw more than usual from both camps, but it will also draw a lot of outsiders (like me) who want to see such a big game.

Only time will tell, but it will be interesting nonetheless.
                        The game at Target field was a smoking hot summer day and may have kept some people away. As I said earlier, playing on campus at SJU would have been an amazing end to the series, but 50k or more at US Bank Stadium would wonders for the SJU budget. I'll be there regardless. I was at the last SCSU/SJU game and will be there for the last UST/SJU game too (I have degrees from UST and SCSU but am a big SJU fan)
                        Last edited by scsu83; 02-18-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if College Gameday picks this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if College Gameday picks this one up.
                            Same day as Alabama-LSU & notre dame-Clemson. It would be amazing if they did show up but I have a hard time believing they skip one of those places. I also wonder what this will due for the attendance of the Minnesota-Purdue game.
                            I'm aware that I didn't capitalize a certain school name and don't plan on changing it. Never much cared for them

Comment

Same day as Alabama-LSU & notre dame-Clemson. It would be amazing if they did show up but I have a hard time believing they skip one of those places. I also wonder what this will due for the attendance of the Minnesota-Purdue game.
                              I'm aware that I didn't capitalize a certain school name and don't plan on changing it. Never much cared for them
                              I'll really be a Tiger fan for both of those games, but especially the second one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X